Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #761
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Nice pivot.

    I was dismantling your BS point about how the temperature 'paused'. I guess you attribute the increase to your outbursts of hot air over the years.
    Here's the difference ; I don't claim to know where things will go after the pause, though you claim to know based off co2.

    But wait, if I don't mention it again, you will have successfully avoided discussion of the flaws of your "fat fingers" graph.

    Btw, I'm not talking about temperatures in absolutes, therefore your graph is presented is more or less meaningless beyond saying that each decade has been warmer by the last, the difference from each decade being fractions of 1 degree... Which, given the numbers of measurements, until recently could have been considered margin for error, satellites measuring temperatures are going to be more accurate, but there's no real way to compare the apples to oranges.

  2. #762
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    When one talks about global warming they are generally speaking about the global warming caused by man that is affecting climate change. When one talks about climate change they are generally speaking about the climate changing from man made global warming. I use the terms interchangeably.

    When Rush mocks the differences in names he is simply eliciting ignorance of the issue as though it were a legitimate gripe about the underlying science. I notice he is now adding "climate disruption" to his vocabulary to try and get a few more yucks out of his stupid shtick.
    Horse****. Its the AGW crowd that abandoned the phrase "Global Warming" and began their new retort of "Climate Change". You know the AGW science isnt adding up (hell we have seen the 'scientists' getting frustrated because darn it...the data just isnt showing what it is 'supposed' to show) and cant keep making the claim.

    The 'climate' changes. Always has...always will. Thats undeniable. Mankinds involvement in that process? Thats as hard to prove as AGW, isnt it.

  3. #763
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Climate change - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    When one talks about global warming they are generally speaking about the global warming caused by man that is affecting climate change. When one talks about climate change they are generally speaking about the climate changing from man made global warming. I use the terms interchangeably.

    When Rush mocks the differences in names he is simply eliciting ignorance of the issue as though it were a legitimate gripe about the underlying science. I notice he is now adding "climate disruption" to his vocabulary to try and get a few more yucks out of his stupid shtick.
    It's to confuse the issue with semantics... The data does not support agw as intended so the shift is to climate change, that falls flat so they try climate disruption, that makes no sense, so they go back to climate change....

    If I could make one wish, it would be to separate myself from society and just watch you people tear apart society, the hell hole you would create... But since I cannot distance myself from society and I will also suffer under your collective foolishness, I gotta fight this in every little way I can until common sense prevails.

  4. #764
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    No, WAS. The acceleration has been towards cooling, for approaching 20 years.

    Meanwhile co2 is increasing at the same rate.
    I guess NASA is in on the conspiracy too...Again you are a FOOL if you don't understand that global average temperatures have been rising.

  5. #765
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    You don't have any facts - what you have are a bunch of bull**** models simulated by computers programed with data - data which exists only to show one hypothesis.

    This snake oil salesmen aren't "scientists" they're alarmists paid for via grant by the federal government to scare people into forking over more money, then allowing the government to regulate the **** out of all business and industry.....

    It seems like a good plan for a communist or communist sympathizers -- tell everyone they're going to die unless we allow government to regulate everything and tax the **** out of people.......

    Besides, just out of curiosity how the hell does regulating the **** out of every industry and taxing the **** out of people help "climate change?"

    Furthermore in what universe do you actually believe you can control climate anyways???? what are you going to do stop volcanoes, tornadoes, hurricanes???? - NO you're not and you can't and quite frankly you - and you people - are doing more damage to the environment by hindering the Earths natural process than man has since the industrial revolution.

    Oh and I have evidence -- go take a look at all these AGW alarmists predictions from the 70's and 80's - that pretty much sums up how full of **** and political they actually are.. Also, why you're at it why don't you go investigate who these "scientists" actually are and what organizations they belong to. They're partisan treehuggers rejected by green peace for being too ****ing radical.

    Oh and if you want more evidence - we're not living in ****ing water world like all these asshat pseudo-scientists predicted in the 80's.

    The only reason why you fall for this **** is because it is part of your political party culture - the idea that humanity is evil.
    The proof I am referring to has nothing to do with computer models or exrapolated data into future predictions. The proof I am talking about is current observable proof. The oceans are rising and their rising is accelerating. Global average temperatures are rising and their rising is accelerating. The ice caps are melting and their melting is accelerating. The ocean is turning more and more acidic and this process is accelerating. Plants and trees are blooming earlier and earlier and this process is accelerating. Perma frost is disappearing at an alarming rate and this process is accelerating. The observable facts are in and are not deniable.

  6. #766
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,409

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Horse****. Its the AGW crowd that abandoned the phrase "Global Warming" and began their new retort of "Climate Change". You know the AGW science isnt adding up (hell we have seen the 'scientists' getting frustrated because darn it...the data just isnt showing what it is 'supposed' to show) and cant keep making the claim.

    The 'climate' changes. Always has...always will. Thats undeniable. Mankinds involvement in that process? Thats as hard to prove as AGW, isnt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    It's to confuse the issue with semantics... The data does not support agw as intended so the shift is to climate change, that falls flat so they try climate disruption, that makes no sense, so they go back to climate change....

    If I could make one wish, it would be to separate myself from society and just watch you people tear apart society, the hell hole you would create... But since I cannot distance myself from society and I will also suffer under your collective foolishness, I gotta fight this in every little way I can until common sense prevails.
    You guys are killing me. You're so caught up in your elaborate imagination, taking to heart what you hear from right-wing propaganda, you've taken the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    Ignorance and the inability to think critically is the root evil that is corrupting America.

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    I guess NASA is in on the conspiracy too...Again you are a FOOL if you don't understand that global average temperatures have been rising.
    Yes... The ****ing data is conspiring against the climatologists? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

    I never said I denied that temperatures were warming overall... What's not lining up is that increases in co2 are the CAUSE of the warming, a slight influence, yes... But not a primary driver, as EVIDENCED BY THE RAW DATA.

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    You guys are killing me. You're so caught up in your elaborate imagination, taking to heart what you hear from right-wing propaganda, you've taken the bait hook, line, and sinker.

    Ignorance and the inability to think critically is the root evil that is corrupting America.
    And that's why you hear "consensus" and you fall in line like the rest of the lemmings, right?

  9. #769
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Yes... The ****ing data is conspiring against the climatologists? Is that what you are trying to tell me?

    I never said I denied that temperatures were warming overall... What's not lining up is that increases in co2 are the CAUSE of the warming, a slight influence, yes... But not a primary driver, as EVIDENCED BY THE RAW DATA.
    But I thought you said the raw data is all manipulated.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #770
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    But I thought you said the raw data is all manipulated.
    No, those stupid graphs you keep coming up with are demonstrably manipulated.

    Up until the satellites were the primary means of recording the data, there were problems there also, but I'm willing to leave that part out of the debate because even then the data does not support the cars, the "fixed" data is fixed and therefore untrustworthy unless the algorithms are included.

Page 77 of 85 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •