Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #691
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,064

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    WRONG.

    Attachment 67166764

    *sigh*. Why is it that every time there's something that there's something that conservatives don't like, it's compared to Islam or terrorists or Hitler or Stalin or Mao or Castro or the Holocaust or slavery?

    Could it be...satan????



    Yes, it is...to those of us who don't pretend that 90% of the world's scientists aren't all part of some kind of vast left-wing conspiracy....
    LOL, so why are they covering up every bit of evidence that suggests anything to the contrary?

    You're so painted by your politics that you NEED this to be true. You're so invested in it that it's unfathomable to ever admit you're wrong, much like these scientists.

    I mean, it's just got to be somebody's fault right? That's in your DNA has a liberal.

  2. #692
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,579

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    Since the paper was rejected for presenting nothing new, and what the paper presented was that the IPCC models and the climate record are producing clearly different results, and the reviewers quite clearly argued that the divergent models and climate record are expected, then support for rejecting the paper on those grounds is, by default, support for the paper's conclusions, however pedestrian they may have been.
    Like I said, I dont know what you're talking to yourself about.

    The paper I cited was Anderegg in PNAS 2010. Nothing to do with models or rejection.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #693
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    LOL, so why are they covering up every bit of evidence that suggests anything to the contrary?

    You're so painted by your politics that you NEED this to be true. You're so invested in it that it's unfathomable to ever admit you're wrong, much like these scientists.

    I mean, it's just got to be somebody's fault right? That's in your DNA has a liberal.
    Benjamin Franklin once said that the only way three people will keep a secret is if two of them are dead. But you're requiring that tens of thousands of scientists are keeping this "secret", and so are millions of liberals.

    Time to come in from riding those conspiracy-theory fences, guy.
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  4. #694
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,337

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You mean Baede, et al (which would be referred to as Chapter 1 of WG1 of the IPCC AR5, in non-bizarro land) differs from the IPCC later on in the WG1 report?

    So the IPCC disagrees with the IPCC, which both disagree with the conclusion of the IPCC.

    That would make little sense. But what would make MUCH more sense is that your interpretation of both Chapter 1 and the above graphic is totally wrong.
    You do understand that the enormous range of the predictions made by the IPCC,
    are large enough that it would almost be impossible for them to disagree.
    Baede, et al, and the chart you showed Do not disagree, they both predict
    warming beyond the direct response of CO2, from radiative forcing.
    Baede, et al says the additional will be between .3 and 3.3 °C,
    And your chart has a average value of 1.6 Wm−2, which is .48 °C.
    Practically anyone can see that .48 °C, falls into the range of .3 to 3.3 °C.

    Also the instrument record is coming in at the low end of all of their predictions.

  5. #695
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,064

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Contrarian View Post
    Benjamin Franklin once said that the only way three people will keep a secret is if two of them are dead. But you're requiring that tens of thousands of scientists are keeping this "secret", and so are millions of liberals.

    Time to come in from riding those conspiracy-theory fences, guy.
    There is no secret. The media just won't report it.

  6. #696
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,579

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    You do understand that the enormous range of the predictions made by the IPCC,
    are large enough that it would almost be impossible for them to disagree.
    Baede, et al, and the chart you showed Do not disagree, they both predict
    warming beyond the direct response of CO2, from radiative forcing.
    Baede, et al says the additional will be between .3 and 3.3 °C,
    And your chart has a average value of 1.6 Wm−2, which is .48 °C.
    Practically anyone can see that .48 °C, falls into the range of .3 to 3.3 °C.

    Also the instrument record is coming in at the low end of all of their predictions.
    I still find it odd you reference Baede like it's not part of the IPCC.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  7. #697
    Sage
    Glen Contrarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, here I am...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    15,498

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    There is no secret. The media just won't report it.
    Ah. In Erod's world, not only the tens of thousands of scientists and the tens of millions of liberals are all in on it, but the media is too!!!!

    Absolutely Astounding!!!!
    “To do evil, a human being must first of all believe that what he’s doing is good" - Solzhenitsyn

    "...with the terrorists, you have to take out their families." - Donald Trump

  8. #698
    Sage
    longview's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,337

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I still find it odd you reference Baede like it's not part of the IPCC.
    You implied that different sections of the IPCC disagreed with each other,
    So the IPCC disagrees with the IPCC, which both disagree with the conclusion of the IPCC.
    I was pointing out that the range of the prediction was inclusive of just about any possibility.
    And the data still shows, the calls for alarm are unwarranted.

  9. #699
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    There is no secret. The media just won't report it.
    No, the the number you have isn't valid, and thus not reported.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #700
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,579

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by longview View Post
    I was pointing out that the range of the prediction was inclusive of just about any possibility.
    And the data still shows, the calls for alarm are unwarranted.
    Except, of course, for temps staying flat or going down...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 70 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •