Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 670 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #661
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Blah blah blah.

    I show you a study in an eminently respectable journal, you say it's not science. Then I point out that it is, and you ping pong to a conspiracy theory, then make up something about 97%, and then rant about manipulation of data and lies.

    I don't really understand how this massive conspiracy has mysteriously left a bunch of temperature data you believe disproved the models. If the conspiracy is as extensive as you say, and the data manipulation was done, dontcha think they would have manipulated and lied themselves into a position where you couldn't question the data?

    It reminds me of the objection to the ACA. 'Its horrible government insurance, and besides that, the website is unusable!'
    Ya, because the study is of the "no s$#*" variety. So, it's adding nothing to the equation, and was an attempt to maintain that claim of "consensus", that is another related fraud.

    Well, no. The first things were the temperature stations, where even the change from white wash to white paint increased temperatures, then they had buildings built close, blowing exhaust, next to parking lots and other artificial heat sources... Now, with satellite data things have become more accurate, but they got caught eliminating cold areas more than warming areas while doing the averaging of the data...

    There are limits to how much data can be tweaked while being able to scientifically justify it, they don't want to lose their tenure, but they are paid to prove a point at the same time... So, when they DO get caught it gets brushed off as a mistake that does not represent the whole.

    I got a better question for you, if there was a subtle conspiracy, aside from people paying attention, who would come out and stop them? Peer - reviewers, who are supportive of the case? Those who are profiting from the situation?

  2. #662
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    So the study adds nothing, yet was published in a very selective journal. I can see why you're not an editor....

    So the conspiracy is vast and deep, but they only manipulate and lie a little bit. And everybody is living high on the hog on the billions given out to climate researchers (who generally seem to be hiding all the money, because all the college professors I know are driving minivans and living in modest houses).
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  3. #663
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So the study adds nothing, yet was published in a very selective journal. I can see why you're not an editor....

    So the conspiracy is vast and deep, but they only manipulate and lie a little bit. And everybody is living high on the hog on the billions given out to climate researchers (who generally seem to be hiding all the money, because all the college professors I know are driving minivans and living in modest houses).
    Ok, then, tell me what you think that paper adds to the debate? Previous claims were 97% of SCIENTISTS, now it's 97% of CLIMATE scientists... Why the reduction?

    Are the "professor" you know working for the un? Or are they just involved in some small time studies for some niche that they can tie to co2 so that the paper gets more publicity? I never said that every single Prius driving hippie is a "conspirator", I'm saying this is all JUST BUSINESS.

    Look, they clearly think people are stupid, but if they come out and say that 2+2= 37, then people WILL call them on it... So, gotta be more clever.

  4. #664
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ok, then, tell me what you think that paper adds to the debate? Previous claims were 97% of SCIENTISTS, now it's 97% of CLIMATE scientists... Why the reduction?

    Are the "professor" you know working for the un? Or are they just involved in some small time studies for some niche that they can tie to co2 so that the paper gets more publicity? I never said that every single Prius driving hippie is a "conspirator", I'm saying this is all JUST BUSINESS.

    Look, they clearly think people are stupid, but if they come out and say that 2+2= 37, then people WILL call them on it... So, gotta be more clever.
    You didnt even read the damned thing, did you? And I didnt just give you an abstract - I looked up the entire paper! I go out of my way to spoonfeed and you really dont appreciate it.

    The paper looked at climate researchers specifically (love the faux outrage about scientists vs climate scientists), and found not just that the vast majority agreed with the basic tenets of AGW as laid out by the IPCC, but the correlation with the most published and most cited scientists (generally meaning the most distinguished in the field) was massively correlated to how they felt about AGW. The p values in the paper were like 10 to the -6 and 10 to the -14!

    They dont think you're stupid. They dont know you. Its you who is DEMONSTRATING that... well, you know.

    The professors I know work in several universities, some do climate work, some dont, and no one is living a champagne and caviar lifestyle, unless they decide to quit academia and work for industry... like in Oil or Coal.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #665
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ludin View Post
    The problem is that this so called forcing has yet to be establish as to when it will take effect. their so called forcing that is suppose to happen compared to the observed data is so grossly wrong that it isn't funny.
    Not really.
    Warming may have a lag with CO2.
    As I said, Oceans may act as sinks for decades until they saturate relative to their temperature.
    Ocean-bound Carbon/Carbonic Acid is already a problem.
    A decade/decades of Colder winters in temperate zones may even result from Melting Ice in polar locales, (Arctic/Greenland), instead of those winters being evidence of the contrary.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ludin
    if you look at the historical 1000 year climate charts this warming phase is not outside of a norm.
    if anything this current warming trend has stalled and done so.
    It may very well be outside of the norm, it's hard to tell.
    Some even think (and there's evidence) we were entering a Cooling trend around 1900, But AGW reversed this.
    So we MAY be several degrees over 'Norm'... for what would have been the temp otherwise.
    This cooling may be masking what we have done, and even be slowing it alot during what some have called a 15 year current 'pause'.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ludin

    there is simply not enough co2 in the air to warrant the type of destruction that they are calling for.
    current co2 concentration is .5% of our total atmosphere.
    Declaring your climatology degree?
    I just posted material that showed the Last time we WERE at these CO2 Levels, it was Much warmer with Much Higher Sea Level.
    You apparently feel free to just declare otherwise.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ludin

    the biggest problem is that they have hijacked the term "climate change" so any natural occurance in weather is going to be blamed on climate change which is absolute non-sense.
    these people have corrupted the scientific method and all the alarmists out continue to drink the koolaid instead of actually stopping and asking if this makes sense.
    "hijacking" is in the eyes of the beholder.
    If you're Right Wing in All your politics [on Koch] :^) one would have Less reason to consider your use of the term Objective.
    Last edited by mbig; 05-20-14 at 08:09 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  6. #666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    You didnt even read the damned thing, did you? And I didnt just give you an abstract - I looked up the entire paper! I go out of my way to spoonfeed and you really dont appreciate it.

    The paper looked at climate researchers specifically (love the faux outrage about scientists vs climate scientists), and found not just that the vast majority agreed with the basic tenets of AGW as laid out by the IPCC, but the correlation with the most published and most cited scientists (generally meaning the most distinguished in the field) was massively correlated to how they felt about AGW. The p values in the paper were like 10 to the -6 and 10 to the -14!

    They dont think you're stupid. They dont know you. Its you who is DEMONSTRATING that... well, you know.

    The professors I know work in several universities, some do climate work, some dont, and no one is living a champagne and caviar lifestyle, unless they decide to quit academia and work for industry... like in Oil or Coal.
    Holy crap... you just don't get how the paper is irrelevant. .. not innaccurate.

    THE ONLY THING THIS PAPER SAYS IS THAT CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AGREE WITH CLIMATE SCIENTISTS!!!

    That's like me writing a peer reviewed paper proving that 97% of catholic priests believe in Jesus. Then using that as proof that Jesus us real. It's asinine.

  7. #667
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,619

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    So the study adds nothing, yet was published in a very selective journal. I can see why you're not an editor....

    So the conspiracy is vast and deep, but they only manipulate and lie a little bit. And everybody is living high on the hog on the billions given out to climate researchers (who generally seem to be hiding all the money, because all the college professors I know are driving minivans and living in modest houses).
    The funny thing about this statement is that while the AGW propaganda has convinced Threegoofs that the paper adds nothing new, Threegoofs actually disagrees with everything in the paper that the reviewers claim is common knowledge.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  8. #668
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30,561

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    Not really.
    Warming may have a lag with CO2.
    As I said, Oceans may act as sinks for decades until they saturate relative to their temperature.
    Ocean-bound Carbon/Carbonic Acid is already a problem.
    A decade/decades of Colder winters in temperate zones may even result from Melting Ice in polar locales, (Arctic/Greenland), instead of those winters being evidence of the contrary.
    oceans are also the number 1 emitter of co2 emissions into the atmosphere. It make up 60% of the co2 released in a given year.
    They are alreadying finding that the ocean has a lot more to do with climate and warm and cold cycles than what they thought.

    It may very well be outside of the norm, it's hard to tell.
    Some even think (and there's evidence) we were entering a Cooling trend around 1900, But AGW reversed this.
    So we MAY be several degrees over 'Norm'... for what would have been the temp otherwise.
    This cooling may be masking what we have done, and even be slowing it alot during what some have called a 15 year current 'pause'.
    we don't know because they keep manipulating the data. please see the article i posted that shows that someone has found out the these people have manipulated the data to the point to increase the curve point on purpose while lowering historical data to show a sharper curve.

    Declaring your climatology degree?
    I just posted material that showed the Last time we WERE at these CO2 Levels, it was Much warmer with Much Higher Sea Level.
    You apparently feel free to just declare otherwise.
    I am saying that there is more to it than what these alarmist are telling us and that they are covering it up on purpose.
    The fact that they have to doctor the raw data says it. they are manipulating the data otherwise there is no reason to change the data sets collected.

    "hijacking" is in the eyes of the beholder.
    If you're Right Wing in All your politics [on Koch] :^) one would have Less reason to consider your use of the term Objective.
    i don't even listen to the koch brothers. so why change it from global warming to climate change all of a sudden.

    climate change happens all the time that is not under dispute global warming on the other hand is something that clearly is not as cut and dry as they would like it to be.

  9. #669
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Holy crap... you just don't get how the paper is irrelevant. .. not innaccurate.

    THE ONLY THING THIS PAPER SAYS IS THAT CLIMATE SCIENTISTS AGREE WITH CLIMATE SCIENTISTS!!!

    That's like me writing a peer reviewed paper proving that 97% of catholic priests believe in Jesus. Then using that as proof that Jesus us real. It's asinine.
    Actually, its more like writing a paper on covalent bonding and finding 97% of chemists agree covalent bonding happens in a specified manner. And Bman along with some fringe chemists disagree strongly.

    I would tend to give the short shrift to Bman and his clueless chemists. But thats just what the 97% of us who dont buy into nutty conspiracies do.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #670
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    The funny thing about this statement is that while the AGW propaganda has convinced Threegoofs that the paper adds nothing new, Threegoofs actually disagrees with everything in the paper that the reviewers claim is common knowledge.
    Interestingly enough, it wasnt me who said it adds nothing new. I also see you reference nothing that I disagree with in the paper. But then again,you seem to rarely know what you are talking about.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •