Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #561
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Sadly, these days science has become infiltrated and corrupted by money. Politicians have figured out how to virtually launder money through scaring people with made-up science. That's the case with AGW.

    This is the same science that has people popping pills at an alarming rate. The drug companies are making a fortune on the same scare tactics. People don't need to take 10 percent of what they are taking.

    And remember 25 years ago when we were all going to drop like flies from AIDS? What happened to that?
    Stunning ignorance. Really.

    You realize that the people who are HIV positive DO need to continue popping pills at a steady rate to prevent AIDS, right?

    You realize the advent of effective therapies that we got through science is the reason that we are all not dropping dead from AIDS since we have been able to arrest the propagation of the virus in humans with effective treatment, right?

    You realize that there were scientific skeptics (with good scientific credentials) in the 90s who didnt believe that HIV caused AIDS, and got a lot of nutjobs to believe that the 'consensus' that HIV causes AIDS was not really a consensus, or not true, or in doubt, and that science basically kicked that concepts ass, much like it is doing with climate science deniers now, right?

    The 'sliver' of the scientific world you think is working apparently is the sliver of folks who are telling you what you want to hear. Thats not really how science works, you know.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  2. #562
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Stunning ignorance. Really.

    You realize that the people who are HIV positive DO need to continue popping pills at a steady rate to prevent AIDS, right?

    You realize the advent of effective therapies that we got through science is the reason that we are all not dropping dead from AIDS since we have been able to arrest the propagation of the virus in humans with effective treatment, right?

    You realize that there were scientific skeptics (with good scientific credentials) in the 90s who didnt believe that HIV caused AIDS, and got a lot of nutjobs to believe that the 'consensus' that HIV causes AIDS was not really a consensus, or not true, or in doubt, and that science basically kicked that concepts ass, much like it is doing with climate science deniers now, right?

    The 'sliver' of the scientific world you think is working apparently is the sliver of folks who are telling you what you want to hear. Thats not really how science works, you know.
    But it is how it works on the church of AGW. They had the "political solution" ie; carbon credits and the conclusion to meet to get there. Then they manipulate the data to drive hysteria. Sorry that's not science.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #563
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No, it really doesn't. The so called "science" on this is now propaganda.
    It is fascinating to watch, over time, how easy it is to propagandize leftists. They are so often prepared to believe anything, despite the falseness of their beliefs being out there for every rational person to see.

  4. #564
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    But it is how it works on the church of AGW. They had the "political solution" ie; carbon credits and the conclusion to meet to get there. Then they manipulate the data to drive hysteria. Sorry that's not science.
    It only seems like that to you because you're not thinking linearly or logically.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  5. #565
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It is fascinating to watch, over time, how easy it is to propagandize leftists. They are so often prepared to believe anything, despite the falseness of their beliefs being out there for every rational person to see.
    I actually think it's the other way around.

    I'm a scientist by profession and training, and I've seen the right wing over time move into this bizarre anti science mentality that used to be the province of the left (GMOs, etc). It's moved my lean to 'slightly liberal' from 'slightly conservative' even though I haven't changed...
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  6. #566
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    It only seems like that to you because you're not thinking linearly or logically.
    yeah right
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #567
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    I actually think it's the other way around.

    I'm a scientist by profession and training, and I've seen the right wing over time move into this bizarre anti science mentality that used to be the province of the left (GMOs, etc). It's moved my lean to 'slightly liberal' from 'slightly conservative' even though I haven't changed...
    So when you scientists get together after a new theory is proposed do you vote on its veracity or do you wait until the final proof is in?

  8. #568
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Threegoofs View Post
    Stunning ignorance. Really.

    You realize that the people who are HIV positive DO need to continue popping pills at a steady rate to prevent AIDS, right?

    You realize the advent of effective therapies that we got through science is the reason that we are all not dropping dead from AIDS since we have been able to arrest the propagation of the virus in humans with effective treatment, right?

    You realize that there were scientific skeptics (with good scientific credentials) in the 90s who didnt believe that HIV caused AIDS, and got a lot of nutjobs to believe that the 'consensus' that HIV causes AIDS was not really a consensus, or not true, or in doubt, and that science basically kicked that concepts ass, much like it is doing with climate science deniers now, right?

    The 'sliver' of the scientific world you think is working apparently is the sliver of folks who are telling you what you want to hear. Thats not really how science works, you know.
    Almost entirely gay men and drug users, buddy.
    Last edited by Erod; 05-19-14 at 02:20 PM.

  9. #569
    Quantum sufficit

    Threegoofs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    The birthplace of Italian Beef
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    So when you scientists get together after a new theory is proposed do you vote on its veracity or do you wait until the final proof is in?
    There usually is never final proof.

    But we certainly come to a consensus on many issues, otherwise, you can't do science.

    You have to accept that a drug that is designed to act upon a target receptor will do so, and IS doing so when it elicits the response you predict. You have to accept that when you let go of the brick above your foot, you will have it descend in a straight line because gravity exists, and your foot has no natural brick repellant or attractant properties.

    What is never done is looking at a potential set of results and then discarding them because you don't agree with the options you have in dealing with said results.
    Many Trump supporters have lots of problems, and those deplorables are bringing those problems to us. They’re racists. They’re misogynists. They’re islamophobic. They're xenophobes and homophobes. And some, I assume, are good people.

  10. #570
    Sage
    Perotista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,916
    Blog Entries
    24

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Personally, I think the good old USA is just peeing into the wind unless one can get China, India, Russia and other countries to come on board. All that we are doing is making services and good cost a whole lot more in this country while not accomplishing a dog gone thing globally.
    This Reform Party member thinks it is high past time that we start electing Americans to congress and the presidency who put America first and their political party further down the line. But for way too long we have been electing Republicans and Democrats who happen to be Americans instead of Americans who happen to be Republicans and Democrats.

Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •