Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #431
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Science is not a democracy where you can vote for the truth.
    No one said it was. That trick of yours there doesn't work. But when the vast majority if scientist do and review the science and say it's sound, and reach overwhelming consensus, it isn't a vote, it's considered the accepted facts. It's the best information available.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #432
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No one said it was. That trick of yours there doesn't work. But when the vast majority if scientist do and review the science and say it's sound, and reach overwhelming consensus, it isn't a vote, it's considered the accepted facts. It's the best information available.
    Trick???

    It is not the best information available and the science is not near conclusive.

    Believe in whatever religion you choose but don't expect others to follow like sheep into your pre-Galileo world of 'science'.

  3. #433
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Trick???

    It is not the best information available and the science is not near conclusive.

    Believe in whatever religion you choose but don't expect others to follow like sheep into your pre-Galileo world of 'science'.
    The science is and it is the best information available. Again, the debate is only in the head of nonscientists. Not scientist of any significant number.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #434
    Sage

    vesper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Midwest
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,889

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The science is and it is the best information available. Again, the debate is only in the head of nonscientists. Not scientist of any significant number.
    That's not true. The number of "skeptic scientists" are growing in numbers. You aren't made aware of that because those you believe (who are paid handsomely by their governments to produce the findings they desire) are doing everything to silence them.

    Check out the headlines this morning at Drudge. Their main story today is about the front page story in the UK Times.



    These so called scientists you put your faith in have been caught in a cover-up of other scientists' research that casts serious doubt on "Global Warming" which was less than helpful to their cause.

    Scientists in cover-up of

    You need a subscription to the UK Times to access the full article.

    This looks like Climate-gate part two unfolding. Maybe it is time for you to start asking yourself what is the real cause behind scientists producing fearmongering, sky is falling, we are doomed, reports while covering up the research of other scientists who disclaim their assessments!
    Last edited by vesper; 05-16-14 at 03:31 AM.

  5. #435
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    That's not true. The number of "skeptic scientists" are growing in numbers. !
    No, that is not true. It's more of the same that keeps being debunked.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #436
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, that is not true. It's more of the same that keeps being debunked.
    No, this is wrong.

    The warmists are getting louder and more desperate, while an increasing number are "breaking ranks" because the long list of manipulations, distortions and outright list just keeps growing.

    There is real environmental damage going on today that is measurable..,, and you want to start tackling a problem that will create a situation that doesn't really seem like much of a problem, and a whole load of crap shovelled next to it to try to scare people into taking up a cause.


    What's worse is the method they support would literally see a return to serfdom, where the majority of the world lives hand to mouth while "kings" live in high tech palaces the third outcome being a "upper middle class" type of existence for a world of 1 billion people, but don't realize these are the inevitable outcomes.

    You seem the more time and effort spent on co2, why not find out how to eliminate the parts of the exhaust that creates "smog" that is other than co2.

    Or, how about that, for as safe as nuclear power is, it's been around for less than a hundred years, and there have been over 1500 nuclear tests around the world, and three MAJOR nuclear incidences, when each one changes the composition of the atmosphere.... For our sakes forever. Your great grandchildren 15 times removed will live in a world with a higher background radiation because of these, yet you care about 1 degree of temperature change in the next 100 years??

    Or what about open air genetic testing going on? The potential, no matter how slight, that something could go wrong, and still we are supposed to care about co2?

    Come on, global warming is a red herring. Plain and simple, and eventually the cult will wake up, even if it's only one by one.

  7. #437
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    12,361

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The government has no reason to push for this, paranoid conspiracies aside. But, you find the same view well outside of government.
    Of course they do. It is a political agenda. I find the opposite view as well outside of government.

  8. #438
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The science is and it is the best information available. Again, the debate is only in the head of nonscientists. Not scientist of any significant number.
    Perhaps your information only comes from one source. Try another. Scientists in cover-up of

  9. #439
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by fmw View Post
    Of course they do. It is a political agenda. I find the opposite view as well outside of government.
    It's also a money agenda, even bigger than politics.

  10. #440
    Educator HogWash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    05-03-15 @ 12:47 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    997

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    it isn't a vote, it's considered the accepted facts. It's the best information available.
    Sorry Boo Boo, it's considered fact ONLY by liberal scientists supporting Al Gore and friends, and liberals posting on political forums such as yourself. It's considered hogwash by all other non-believing scientists, meteorologists, and people with an ounce of common sense.
    Liberalismódividing up the EARNED wealth of honest, hard working and ingenious AMERICANS and giving it to the leeches who would rather waste their worthless lives living off the government teat.
    -----HogWash-----

Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •