Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #311
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    George Carlin summed up the global warming problem nicely. George Carlin on Global Warming - YouTube

  2. #312
    User ralfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    54

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    From what I've read, various organizations, including multinational banks, military organizations, intelligence agencies, energy agencies, etc., have been publishing reports on the effects of global warming.

  3. #313
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
    From what I've read, various organizations, including multinational banks, military organizations, intelligence agencies, energy agencies, etc., have been publishing reports on the effects of global warming.
    They've changed the scare from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change", formerly known as "Weather".

  4. #314
    User ralfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    07-09-14 @ 02:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    54

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They've changed the scare from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change", formerly known as "Weather".
    There was no change in terms:

    Global warming vs climate change

    Also, weather is not the same as climate:

    The difference between weather and climate
    Last edited by ralfy; 05-12-14 at 01:07 PM.

  5. #315
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Ask your great grand children how funny your joke is.
    I imagine we'll have lots of fun laughing about many liberal apocalypse myths: climate change, peak oil, the population bomb, etc...

    I have no doubt we'd be hearing a lot more about meteors and supervolcanoes as well if you all could just figure out how to tie them to higher taxes, redistribution of wealth, and increased regulation.

  6. #316
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Claiming climate change is 100% human caused, or 0% human caused, is clear partisan hackage. Any honest thinking person can see it's a combination.
    The level of significance (of AGW) is what matters, and it seems most efforts at curbing it focus on the US, while China and India are left unchecked to puff out their stacks at full bore.....and not a word or peep from anyone on this board. That's a biggy for me, second is that I don't think the evidence support the draconian measures that environazis want to foist upon the US industry.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:29 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    They've changed the scare from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change", formerly known as "Weather".
    I'd say it went from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" to "Increased Probability of Extreme Weather Events" ---

    With the latter, any extreme event is proof of climate change, but noting the absence of such an event is proof you don't know the difference between climate and weather...

  8. #318
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The level of significance (of AGW) is what matters, and it seems most efforts at curbing it focus on the US, while China and India are left unchecked to puff out their stacks at full bore.....and not a word or peep from anyone on this board. That's a biggy for me, second is that I don't think the evidence support the draconian measures that environazis want to foist upon the US industry.
    The Kyoto Protocol was a piece of garbage for that reason, and because it ignored the developing world except as scapegoats for projects that were often fraudulent.

    I support moderate market based measures including cap and trade. I oppose command and control measures.

  9. #319
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    I'd say it went from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change" to "Increased Probability of Extreme Weather Events" ---

    With the latter, any extreme event is proof of climate change, but noting the absence of such an event is proof you don't know the difference between climate and weather...
    You don't understand measuring things at macro and micro levels?

  10. #320
    Educator
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 02:19 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    848

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Ask your great grand children how funny your joke is.
    Well, my grandparents were in their prime in the 1930's - it was warmer for them then, than it is for us now.

    Is that the kind of comparison you were looking for??

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    It's interesting how the warmist "scientists" get around that - instead of admitting to the observed data, they change it by cooling the past. There are 2 ways to approach their problem of "proving" something that isn't true - make the present and future warmer; or, cool the past, or both. Which is what Michael Mann attempted to do with his bogus Hockey Stick.

    That is one of the reasons they start their graphs from the 1880's, b/c we were emerging from a LIA - of course we would warm from there, but they conveniently leave that little tidbit of information out of the discussion

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •