Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #291
    Sage
    Tim the plumber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sheffield
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,262

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
    Perhaps this is the basic difference between skeptics and the believers of AGW.

    The skeptics, if they have a think about it, will consider the force of wind on the ocean and multiply the number by the distance from Bermuda to Ireland and get a huge number.

    Those destined to believe in AGW will look at a pretty map with lots of colors and say that that must be right whilst never considering the power of a temperature gradient of 30 degrees c over 4000 miles.

    Which do you think is capable of shifting the vast amounts of water moved by these ocean currents?
    Quote Originally Posted by poweRob View Post
    Or you could educate yourself with the link I provided that explains what moves currents instead of trying to act condescending while being wrong at the same time.
    If we can find a mutually acceptable referee would you like to have a little bet on this?

    You say that the North Atlantic conveyor/Gulf Stream is a temperature gradient driven feature and I say it's wind driven. If we can find a suitable engineer or physicist we could have some fun with this. You will have to PM me though I'm away for a week.

    $1000?

  2. #292
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    I find this whole thread sad and pathetic.

    I find that climate change deniers fall into 4 different camps.

    1) The denier that knows climate change is happening but any solution to climate change is so antithetical to their political beliefs they find far easier to just place their head in the sand.
    2) The denier that thinks climate change is possible but would put their hope and dreams that it really isn't happening and they vehemetly covince themselves they are right.
    3) The denier that is a rube and will believe anything that a so called conservative tells them.
    4) The religious zealot dominionist who believe that somehow God will prevent climate change from hurting them because they are Godly.

    The evidence could not be clearer. I do not wish to debate with anyone who does not believe what it so blatently obvious. I just find it sad and pathetic. If we do have great-grandchildren they will back at us and curse.

  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    I find this whole thread sad and pathetic.

    I find that climate change deniers fall into 4 different camps.

    1) The denier that knows climate change is happening but any solution to climate change is so antithetical to their political beliefs they find far easier to just place their head in the sand.
    2) The denier that thinks climate change is possible but would put their hope and dreams that it really isn't happening and they vehemetly covince themselves they are right.
    3) The denier that is a rube and will believe anything that a so called conservative tells them.
    4) The religious zealot dominionist who believe that somehow God will prevent climate change from hurting them because they are Godly.

    The evidence could not be clearer. I do not wish to debate with anyone who does not believe what it so blatently obvious. I just find it sad and pathetic. If we do have great-grandchildren they will back at us and curse.
    Denial isn't the question - AGW is the question.

    Ironically the real crime is asking questions, and just not blindly accepting.

  4. #294
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's actually pretty much every apdst comment.

    So assuming my theory of a CIA thing gone wrong, what exactly should Obama have done? Talk about CIA operations? Send in the Marines whenever one goes wrong? Maybe you disagree with my theory, but that still raises the question of why was Benghazi crawling with CIA operatives, and why did the ambassador choose that time to make his trip to Benghazi?

    If you assume that there was some CIA **** going down in Benghazi, and that the ambassador's presence wasn't a coincidence....then it makes sense why there was a cover story, and it makes sense why the Marines weren't dropped in to rescue them. So if the ambassador's presence is a coincidence, what was the reason for it? If there was no CIA operation happening, why was the CIA all over the place? It's not just, to use his words "Anything to excuse the Messiah," it actually makes sense and it's what I assume any President would do in that same situation.
    Didn't you say 9/11 was a cover up?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #295
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Didn't you say 9/11 was a cover up?
    Sorry to disappoint, but no.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #296
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Sorry to disappoint, but no.
    Glad to hear it. Did you believe bush covered anything up?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #297
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Denial isn't the question - AGW is the question.

    Ironically the real crime is asking questions, and just not blindly accepting.
    Prime example of denier category 1. "The solutions to climate change are so antithetical to my political beliefs that I decide to bury my head in the sand."

    Kind of goes like this.

    Climate change isn't going to happen. This is just the (insert your favorite political enemy here) conning everyone to get their political agenda across.

    **** Enter Actual Climate Change and Predicted Climate Change Events ****

    Climate change may be happening but it is not because of human action...why because I have already invested most my life in denying climate change and its consequences that it is just easier to accept we cannot do anything about it and bury our heads in the sand.

    Thanks for so blatently pointing on of the scenarios out for me.

    FYI...the fight to do something about climate change has nothing to do with saving the earth. It has everything to do with saving human existance on the earth. To just give up and say Oh well we aren't doing and there is nothing we can do to stop it is a defeatist mentality.

  8. #298
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by smb View Post
    Prime example of denier category 1. "The solutions to climate change are so antithetical to my political beliefs that I decide to bury my head in the sand."

    Kind of goes like this.

    Climate change isn't going to happen. This is just the (insert your favorite political enemy here) conning everyone to get their political agenda across.

    **** Enter Actual Climate Change and Predicted Climate Change Events ****

    Climate change may be happening but it is not because of human action...why because I have already invested most my life in denying climate change and its consequences that it is just easier to accept we cannot do anything about it and bury our heads in the sand.

    Thanks for so blatently pointing on of the scenarios out for me.

    FYI...the fight to do something about climate change has nothing to do with saving the earth. It has everything to do with saving human existance on the earth. To just give up and say Oh well we aren't doing and there is nothing we can do to stop it is a defeatist mentality.
    Ok, you first.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #299
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Glad to hear it. Did you believe bush covered anything up?
    There's probably a couple of things that he was less than forthcoming about. For the record, I never brought up Bush. Good job.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #300
    Educator
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    09-08-16 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    916

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, you first.
    Me first what? Cut down my carbon usage? What makes you think I haven't. By my calculations I have cut my own carbon emissions in half since 1990. How about you? How about the gov?

Page 30 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •