Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #191
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    [QUOTE=Missed AB;1063248135]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post

    Seems you should be putting the other person inline, and not me...

    The science like a near 100% correlation to sun spots vs global temperature?

    The science of diminishing returns? CO2 is an atmospheric blanket, not an exothermic reaction in the atmosphere. It does not create heat it only keeps it in. that no matter how many blankets I put on me, I won't go on fire, and with each blanket I retain less heat as a percentage than the one prior... It's the heat source that is the problem not the blankets.
    But you will get heat exhaustion Which will then lead to death
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  2. #192
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    proof buddy proof
    I can't prove a negative, buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    05-26-14 @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    You completely dodged everything. And belief doesn't mean act upon. I believe (through prejudice) that we should annihilate China and all of its inhabitants, because I'm prejudiced. But at the same time my logical mind tells me I am wrong and that would be inhumane, therefor I don't work toward achieving it.

    Also I hate deep fried chips and am disgusted by all soda, our house isn't being air conditioned because we decided on not having central air (we have an actual ac unit but its in storage because we do not need it), I can't change anything about China being great at making my shoes (and my Ipad) cheaply, and a car is a necessity for me to get places far away (my private school isn't even in my city).

    Your dodging of everything is idiotic. I believe we may be catalyzing something we shouldn't be catalyzing, and as such I have said so. If I provide logic and facts as to why I believe should be sufficient to believe in what I believe or at least respect my opinion and still disagree. For you to disagree however because of a lack of what you think is action then that makes you a fool.

    People live by the bible, yet we do not stone others for being Gay, religious or not.

    If you continue to be unreasonable then be gone from this thread, science has no use for unreasonable people who refuse to accept logic, observation, and according to our world, fact.
    LOL defending science with biblical references. I take you seriously now!

    Explain how we - humans- influence sunspots? Have you ever seen a sunspot vs temperature chart it correlates much more closely than CO2. Why do you dismiss sunspots and blame CO2?

    Can you explain how the law of diminishing returns does not apply to increased CO2 in the atmosphere?

  4. #194
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    For the cultists: simple one step solution to all your CO2 woes (as well as a few others) - kill ALL the cows in the world. That right there would do it to reach your goals.

    Btw, good luck with that.

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    05-26-14 @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    [QUOTE=Luftwaffe;1063248182]
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed AB View Post

    But you will get heat exhaustion Which will then lead to death
    Why would I get heat exhaustion [heat stroke will kill you not exhaustion] from 10 blankets but not 5? I have had 10 blankets on me and survived... At some point the number of blankets doesn't matter. Why is CO2 any different?

  6. #196
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Missed AB View Post
    LOL defending science with biblical references. I take you seriously now!

    Explain how we - humans- influence sunspots? Have you ever seen a sunspot vs temperature chart it correlates much more closely than CO2. Why do you dismiss sunspots and blame CO2?

    Can you explain how the law of diminishing returns does not apply to increased CO2 in the atmosphere?
    Fool, I wasn't defending science with the bible, I was showcasing a fault in your way of thinking using the bible as an example. Absolutely in no way related to "defending science with the bible".

    Why would I have to explain how the law of diminishing returns doesn't apply to increased C02 in the atmosphere? I never made the claim in the first place. All I have been saying up to this very point is that humanity MAY BE catalyzing a change in global climate, feel free to take it with a grain of salt if you wish, because nothing is certain.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  7. #197
    cynical class clown
    Luftwaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    CONNECTICUT
    Last Seen
    11-18-17 @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    [QUOTE=Missed AB;1063248208]
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post

    Why would I get heat exhaustion [heat stroke will kill you not exhaustion] from 10 blankets but not 5? I have had 10 blankets on me and survived... At some point the number of blankets doesn't matter. Why is CO2 any different?
    heat exhaustion is the precursor to heat stroke, therefor yes if untreated it can lead to eventual death.
    -----MOS 19D = cavalry scout = best damn MOS there is

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    05-26-14 @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Fool,
    If you are going to name call, then you can leave this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    I wasn't defending science with the bible, I was showcasing a fault in your way of thinking using the bible as an example.
    You injected the bible into a scientific debate. You called on emotional responses for a logical discussion to further your point... because you had nothing else. And there's fault in my thinking?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    Why would I have to explain how the law of diminishing returns doesn't apply to increased C02 in the atmosphere? I never made the claim in the first place.
    Do you or don't you believe that the increased in CO2 is contributing to global warming? At some point the amount of an increase will be meaningless. The IMPC (or whatever it goes by) has to continuously revise (lowering) it's temperature precictions while still increasing CO2 concentrations, so this whole 10+ degree scare is possibly wrong. There is little to no temperature increase the past 10-15 years - with record CO2 emissions... humm. Law of diminishing returns.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffe View Post
    All I have been saying up to this very point is that humanity MAY BE catalyzing a change in global climate, feel free to take it with a grain of salt if you wish, because nothing is certain.
    We may, we may not. Maybe the alternative is an ice-age. That doesn't sound very good either. I'd rather be warm than cold.

    I think the take home point is you could do more for the environment by turning off your computer and riding a bicycle, but I doubt you believe that it matters... yet somehow you think when i read your posts, it's going to make me want to change my behavior... hummm.

  9. #199
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    05-26-14 @ 05:59 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    [QUOTE=Luftwaffe;1063248246]
    Quote Originally Posted by Missed AB View Post

    heat exhaustion is the precursor to heat stroke, therefor yes if untreated it can lead to eventual death.
    You will never die from heat exhaustion.

  10. #200
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    when in the history of the planet have we consumed the natural resources at the rate we currently are?
    Never. Man is the problem, every person contributes to the horrors of man on the planet earth, do your part and make sure you're no longer part of the problem!
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 20 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •