Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 850

Thread: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

  1. #111
    Assassin
    Verax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    9,522

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    This thread is an example of how people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about are completely unaware of their own ignorance. A lot of this is covered in basic science 101 classes you take in high school and college. Most of the other "complaints" are covered in very, very basic climate science that nobody is even disputing. Though I do see right-wing propaganda sites spreading the age old "common sense" idea of "the climate is always changing and climate scientists just don't get it", this is the silliest notion that I see crop up over and over and over. Yes of course the climate is always changing, they take that into account of course. It would be like asking an engineer if they have taken load into account while building a bridge.

    When will people learn that things are not the way they think they are. You have to carefully study an issue to understand the true nature of it. It would be like if I went up to a construction site and decided I know how things should probably be done just by using common sense. I might get some stuff right but I would end up being very, very wrong about many things, disastrously. Why do people think they understand climate and science just because?

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I can help with that. He simply doesnt care. He is looking to gin up a political battle that can be used in the 2016 election. Then dump the responsibility for it on everyone else as he sails off into the sunset. Want to see the playbook? Look at the last 4 years of the Clinton administration. Talk...talk...talk...threat...blame...bail. Then the very very very commited global warmists fell from the sky decrying George Bush and his failure to pass Kyoto...a document forged in 1996.

    Its just too easy. This is a campaign piece...nothing more. Nothing will be done and the democrats will blame the complete failure and inaction of the entire administration on the republicans and it will used as a keystone of the 2016 campaign. When Hilary is elected (my prediction) global warming will go back on the shelf again.
    A lot of these ideas such as AGW, racism, inequality and "the war on everything" are just detractors or made up ideas do fool the US populace into paying attention to those issues instead of Obama and progressive failure in general.

    To go even a bit deeper into the issue, I firmly believe progressives manifest these "social issues" just to keep the progressive party alive - real or not - they have no intent to solve any of those issues, because those issues are nothing more than job security for them and their party.

    Progressives thrive on injustice and tragedy (weather its environment or social) - weather these ideas or issues are real, exaggerated or just blatant lies....

    Democrats wouldn't have a party if they didn't continually try to brainwash people with AGW or that climate change is bad or we live in a racist world or the poor (who have internet, Ipods, Iphones, good food etc) were being abused.

    I know I went a little off topic but I suppose all those ideas are connected.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This thread is an example of how people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about are completely unaware of their own ignorance. A lot of this is covered in basic science 101 classes you take in high school and college. Most of the other "complaints" are covered in very, very basic climate science that nobody is even disputing. Though I do see right-wing propaganda sites spreading the age old "common sense" idea of "the climate is always changing and climate scientists just don't get it", this is the silliest notion that I see crop up over and over and over. Yes of course the climate is always changing, they take that into account of course. It would be like asking an engineer if they have taken load into account while building a bridge.

    When will people learn that things are not the way they think they are. You have to carefully study an issue to understand the true nature of it. It would be like if I went up to a construction site and decided I know how things should probably be done just by using common sense. I might get some stuff right but I would end up being very, very wrong about many things, disastrously. Why do people think they understand climate and science just because?

    The ignorant ones are the individuals (I use that term here loosely here) who don't ask questions or question anything and just accept what they're told and do as they're told.

    That is real ignorance.

    Our society exists because the so called "ignorant" ones DID ask questions and challenged the status quo.

    What do you think society would look like if people didn't question what was allegedly known previously as "common knowledge?"

  4. #114
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    There's a saying that a little bit of information is dangerous. You anti science folks always cling to little bits without digging even a little further.
    And you alarmists are projecting your own rot onto us skeptics again. Wind has a bigger effect on Arctic ice extent than temperatures and are probably a bigger factor in ice extent declines there, but that isn't mentioned.

    The take home messages is that while the increase in total Antarctic sea ice area is relatively minor compared to the Arctic
    No, the Antarctic gains nearly offset the Arctic losses on the average. Looking at 2014 in particular, the Arctic had lost 0.75 million sq km compared to the 1981 to 2010 average and the Antarctic gained 1.45 million sq km.

    https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global-snow/2014/1

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  5. #115
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by sawyerloggingon View Post
    Obama desperately wants to change the subject from the economy and Benghazi so it's time to sound the climate alarm.
    Benghazi happened in the midst of a secret CIA mission. They usually don't talk about those things, and if a President - ANY President - were to do so, I'd worry about his fitness for the job. Have you ever asked why that city was lousy with CIA operatives? Or what the ambassador was doing there?

    The only reason Benghazi is still in the news is because of the RW blogosphere who are making a pre-emptive strike against Clinton. If the Republican party wins in 2016, you'll never hear about it again. Because they know that it was a CIA thing. They know the CIA doesn't talk, and they don't actually want the CIA to start talking.

    Now, the topic of the post - as far as climate change goes, the evidence certainly points to the climate changing. The question is why? Is it people, or is it natural? Climate changes, that's just how it is. The best thing I can think to do is to plant more trees. Even if climate change isn't caused by people, they pump out oxygen (which is good no matter what your political opinion) and they look nice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #116
    Curmudgeon


    LowDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,560
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This thread is an example of how people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about are completely unaware of their own ignorance. A lot of this is covered in basic science 101 classes you take in high school and college. Most of the other "complaints" are covered in very, very basic climate science that nobody is even disputing. Though I do see right-wing propaganda sites spreading the age old "common sense" idea of "the climate is always changing and climate scientists just don't get it", this is the silliest notion that I see crop up over and over and over. Yes of course the climate is always changing, they take that into account of course. It would be like asking an engineer if they have taken load into account while building a bridge.

    When will people learn that things are not the way they think they are. You have to carefully study an issue to understand the true nature of it. It would be like if I went up to a construction site and decided I know how things should probably be done just by using common sense. I might get some stuff right but I would end up being very, very wrong about many things, disastrously. Why do people think they understand climate and science just because?
    This is nothing more than an appeal to authority. Don't try to bull**** people and mystify science. The science is easily understood by those who try.

    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --HL Mencken

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yep! They're scamming us and laughing all the way to the bank.
    The interesting part is what does that say about them. If they take that position they're a disgrace to science and conspirators and propagandists.

    I suppose money sometimes can be the root of all evil.

    It's not exactly like professionals haven't blatantly lied for money in the past.

    I don't believe in censoring these liars but I wish people would be more skeptical and just not blindly accept what they're told just because some government endorsed "scientist" makes a claim.

    Truth is a lot of the sheeple in the United States will believe anything just as long as they believe the person or entity telling them is smarter or more educated than they are.

    A lot of people just think; "hey I'm a layman and this guy has a degree and is a scientist therefor he must be right because I'm too stupid to even understand his field of study." So they trust and defend without knowing the intent of the alleged "superior" scientists (or politicians or anyone who seems to be in a position of authority).

  8. #118
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    And you alarmists are projecting your own rot onto us skeptics again. Wind has a bigger effect on Arctic ice extent than temperatures and are probably a bigger factor in ice extent declines there, but that isn't mentioned.



    No, the Antarctic gains nearly offset the Arctic losses on the average. Looking at 2014 in particular, the Arctic had lost 0.75 million sq km compared to the 1981 to 2010 average and the Antarctic gained 1.45 million sq km.

    https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/sotc/global-snow/2014/1

    Indeed. The major ice loss in 2007 that triggered the false alarm of an iceless pole was in fact due to wind.

    Here is an animated GIF of the ice loss event
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    Benghazi happened in the midst of a secret CIA mission. They usually don't talk about those things, and if a President - ANY President - were to do so, I'd worry about his fitness for the job. Have you ever asked why that city was lousy with CIA operatives? Or what the ambassador was doing there?

    The only reason Benghazi is still in the news is because of the RW blogosphere who are making a pre-emptive strike against Clinton. If the Republican party wins in 2016, you'll never hear about it again. Because they know that it was a CIA thing. They know the CIA doesn't talk, and they don't actually want the CIA to start talking.

    Now, the topic of the post - as far as climate change goes, the evidence certainly points to the climate changing. The question is why? Is it people, or is it natural? Climate changes, that's just how it is. The best thing I can think to do is to plant more trees. Even if climate change isn't caused by people, they pump out oxygen (which is good no matter what your political opinion) and they look nice.
    Benghazi is in the news because the United States did nothing to protect our diplomats and fellow US citizens at that compound and the official response to that terrorist attack was because "it was over a movie."

    That's something you tell a 10-year-old - NOT intelligent citizens who damn well knew it was NOT over a movie - a movie which no one has ever heard of and a movie which no one has even seen - a movie which was far below a "low budget production" to boot.

    We had the capability to save those people and we didn't - it was Hillary's job to save people in a situation like that and she failed and then she lied.

    Hillary failed at her job - if she only told the truth this wouldn't be a "scandal."

    The best part is that allegedly Hillary told one of the fathers of the victims that she was going to "arrest" the film maker for making that movie..... That just goes to show how delusional that bitch really is considering the Fist Amendment never even crossed her mind when she made the alleged statement.

    Our government is infested with liars, tyrants and others who have complete contempt for the USA, our society and economic model presently.

    Drop republican vs democrat or however you view the political landscape and open your eyes and judge not based on politics but on actions (or lackof in this case).

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Climate change is here and action needed now, new White House report says[W:46]

    Quote Originally Posted by Verax View Post
    This thread is an example of how people who haven't the slightest clue what they're talking about are completely unaware of their own ignorance. A lot of this is covered in basic science 101 classes you take in high school and college. Most of the other "complaints" are covered in very, very basic climate science that nobody is even disputing. Though I do see right-wing propaganda sites spreading the age old "common sense" idea of "the climate is always changing and climate scientists just don't get it", this is the silliest notion that I see crop up over and over and over. Yes of course the climate is always changing, they take that into account of course. It would be like asking an engineer if they have taken load into account while building a bridge.

    When will people learn that things are not the way they think they are. You have to carefully study an issue to understand the true nature of it. It would be like if I went up to a construction site and decided I know how things should probably be done just by using common sense. I might get some stuff right but I would end up being very, very wrong about many things, disastrously. Why do people think they understand climate and science just because?
    Global warming is a scam; probably the biggest government scam in American history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 12 of 85 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •