Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 195

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

  1. #161
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Laughing, no hate in my heart for the right to keep and bear as I do keep and bear. Do have to laugh at the silly comments many 'gun pro's' make in an attempt to equate well trained professionals from anyone who can carry a weapon.
    Therein lies the fallacy of your use of such a broad brush when painting others.

    Not all gun folks are hilljack morons who have no idea about proper shooting techniques and training.

    That fact, however, is still is not enough to educate nasty folks like yourself.

    Ignorance is truly bliss for some.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Therein lies the fallacy of your use of such a broad brush when painting others. Not all gun folks are hilljack morons who have no idea about proper shooting techniques and training. That fact, however, is still is not enough to educate nasty folks like yourself. Ignorance is truly bliss for some.
    Let me get a very narrow brush... I'd say some CONs prove both ignorance is bliss and their bias blinds them.

    Who said a DAMN thing about 'gun' folks being hillack morons???? That would be YOU pal!!!!!

    But you have to be quite ignorant to think just because someone holds a CCW they have enough TRAINING- knowing is reading a book - to successfully engage in a high stress very niche environment to include the choice of caliber and projectile. And just how does all these 'gun' folks decide who shoots and please tell me how to do so in a jam packed aircraft!!!??? I fly commerical quite a bit, I have trained quite a few folks for close quarter and high stress engagements- can't say the job of hitting a badguy in a plane is easy- but do regale us with your vast sea of experience....

    Now the CON name calling is amusing, once I was VERY nasty and hunted people like animals and got quite a shock when I found out just how good those 'animals' were at hunting me....

    But do remain blissful....

  3. #163
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,929

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Let me get a very narrow brush... I'd say some CONs prove both ignorance is bliss and their bias blinds them.

    Who said a DAMN thing about 'gun' folks being hillack morons???? That would be YOU pal!!!!!

    But you have to be quite ignorant to think just because someone holds a CCW they have enough TRAINING- knowing is reading a book - to successfully engage in a high stress very niche environment to include the choice of caliber and projectile. And just how does all these 'gun' folks decide who shoots and please tell me how to do so in a jam packed aircraft!!!??? I fly commerical quite a bit, I have trained quite a few folks for close quarter and high stress engagements- can't say the job of hitting a badguy in a plane is easy- but do regale us with your vast sea of experience....

    Now the CON name calling is amusing, once I was VERY nasty and hunted people like animals and got quite a shock when I found out just how good those 'animals' were at hunting me....

    But do remain blissful....
    Your disparaging remarks indicated your nastiness quite well.

    You reap what you sew.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  4. #164
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,046

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post

    But you have to be quite ignorant to think just because someone holds a CCW they have enough TRAINING- knowing is reading a book - to successfully engage in a high stress very niche environment to include the choice of caliber and projectile
    Does the above apply to the specific airplane scenario or in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I would add that to carry outside the home, one should also have full FBI variety background check, pass a required gun safety/handling/proficiency course, and register your firearm. This is what I had to do to get a CCW in Idaho, one of the reddest states in the country, well, I didn't have to register my handgun, but I think probably I should have been required to if I was going to carry such that if my gun and I got separated and the police arrived, the police would immediately know what they were looking for and what threat it might cause them.
    why didn't you voluntarily submit yourself to your own requirements?

  6. #166
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,635

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Your disparaging remarks indicated your nastiness quite well. You reap what you sew.
    Actually you are the one calling fire arm owners hilljacks... typical CON, move the debate from reason to name calling.... can't begin to bring facts into it so perhaps you'd do better copping a squat....

    And you reap what you SOW...

  7. #167
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    why didn't you voluntarily submit yourself to your own requirements?
    I tried, Idaho didn't want the information until after my handgun was stolen because I left it at home to enter a "gun-free" zone on a day I was burgled. Then they wanted that information, not until though. I did try.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I tried, Idaho didn't want the information until after my handgun was stolen because I left it at home to enter a "gun-free" zone on a day I was burgled. Then they wanted that information, not until though. I did try.
    and the FBI check?.. the extensive training?... you get those hammered out?

    you're the very first person i've ever seen claim to have tried to voluntarily register their firearm..

  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Texas, Vegas, Colombia
    Last Seen
    11-28-16 @ 06:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,295

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    Let me get a very narrow brush... I'd say some CONs prove both ignorance is bliss and their bias blinds them.

    Who said a DAMN thing about 'gun' folks being hillack morons???? That would be YOU pal!!!!!

    But you have to be quite ignorant to think just because someone holds a CCW they have enough TRAINING- knowing is reading a book - to successfully engage in a high stress very niche environment to include the choice of caliber and projectile. And just how does all these 'gun' folks decide who shoots and please tell me how to do so in a jam packed aircraft!!!??? I fly commerical quite a bit, I have trained quite a few folks for close quarter and high stress engagements- can't say the job of hitting a badguy in a plane is easy- but do regale us with your vast sea of experience....

    Now the CON name calling is amusing, once I was VERY nasty and hunted people like animals and got quite a shock when I found out just how good those 'animals' were at hunting me....

    But do remain blissful....
    just a side point, but our " highly trained professionals"... they are not very good with their firearms..... many of them suck badly.

  10. #170
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Thrilla View Post
    and the FBI check?.. the extensive training?... you get those hammered out? you're the very first person i've ever seen claim to have tried to voluntarily register their firearm..
    Those were required in Idaho, so yes, I completed an FBI check and a gun safety/laws/usage course. Can you not read? How bizarre that you are asking what's been clearly discussed. I also did so in Washington though someone has suggested I didn't need to.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •