Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 195

Thread: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    06-24-16 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,073

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Paxaeon View Post

    Really, Urban Dictionary is where you get your facts?


    Talk about nutty.

  2. #152
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    This is still a ridiculous and unfounded example. Not remotely based in reality. Why arent people handing out cell phones? Food? Bikes to promote energy savings? Money? Those are all great ideas, esp. for those in poverty in inner cities or places like Detroit.
    Those aren't rights, but people still pass all of those things out.

    If you believe that guns deter crime then passing out guns to high crime areas seems pretty logical.

    And if you'd call highly competent and responsible elitist, then sure gun owners are that. Ask a random gun owner their opinion of a customized 1911 vs a standard glock and you're likely to be bored to death with the oncoming lecture. Ask a random car owner how an engine works and they'll tell you something like when you put the key in. How many gun owners do you know who aren't completely anal about their weapons? (and for good reason).

  3. #153
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,903

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post

    And if you'd call highly competent and responsible elitist, then sure gun owners are that. Ask a random gun owner their opinion of a customized 1911 vs a standard glock and you're likely to be bored to death with the oncoming lecture. Ask a random car owner how an engine works and they'll tell you something like when you put the key in. How many gun owners do you know who aren't completely anal about their weapons? (and for good reason).
    Thanks for proving it further.

    Here's some news for you....you are not describing the average gun owner...nor one that is 'more responsible' in any way.

    For instance, I dont care about guns at all...I know how to run "mine" very well and do not care about other guns. Know little about other kinds. I'm only learning to shoot long guns now for practicality's sake.

    I do like to shoot. I also compete. But I have little interest in guns and only own ones that have a specific purpose, so I dont 'collect' them. I dont agree with your statements on other gun owners (am not an 'elitist')....but I am a responsible gun owner.

    I know lots of gun owners and carriers. And what you describe is not them. Everyone wants other gun owners to be responsible and safe and be trained. However not everyone automatically assumes 'everybody else' isnt. I see it on the gun forums tho...people who think they are better than others (often called sheep altho I dont see you as that type) because they have buttloads of target practice and cc permit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #154
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Thanks for proving it further.

    Here's some news for you....you are not describing the average gun owner...nor one that is 'more responsible' in any way.

    For instance, I dont care about guns at all...I know how to run "mine" very well and do not care about other guns. Know little about other kinds. I'm only learning to shoot long guns now for practicality's sake.

    I do like to shoot. I also compete. But I have little interest in guns and only own ones that have a specific purpose, so I dont 'collect' them. I dont agree with your statements on other gun owners (am not an 'elitist')....but I am a responsible gun owner.

    I know lots of gun owners and carriers. And what you describe is not them. Everyone wants other gun owners to be responsible and safe and be trained. However not everyone automatically assumes 'everybody else' isnt. I see it on the gun forums tho...people who think they are better than others (often called sheep altho I dont see you as that type) because they have buttloads of target practice and cc permit.
    I wasn't calling gun owners elitist... Only that the vast majority of gun owners are responsible (as you seem to be).

  5. #155
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    We're not talking about which gun laws work and which don't. We're talking about if the government has a right to regulate arms.

    Do you think that people should be able to carry a firearm on a plane... where any bullets fired are likely to lead to a explosive decompression? If not, then you need to reconcile the constitutional basis for governments ability to regulate arms on a plane, but not on the ground.
    You mean from an Air Marshall?

    Oopsie.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  6. #156
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    is there a point to that stupidity other than you feel a need to whine about conservatives?
    If I was into personal attacks I'd have asked you and anyone wanting restrictions on firearm ownership. Instead I instead of point out fear of your fellow citizen- to the extreme of fearing biker gangs assaulting the old homeplace- was used to 'justify' ARs and high cap mags...

    I'd say the 'gun nuts' show a level of stupidity all their own....

  7. #157
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You mean from an Air Marshall? Oopsie.
    You refer to HIGHLY trained Air Marshals as opposed to any old fearful 'stand your ground' guy who's ammo is not designed for work in aircraft and who's skills are suspect at best??? Let's have 4 or 5 guys flinging lead in a densely packed space at 32,000 feet!

  8. #158
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by notquiteright View Post
    You refer to HIGHLY trained Air Marshals as opposed to any old fearful 'stand your ground' guy who's ammo is not designed for work in aircraft and who's skills are suspect at best??? Let's have 4 or 5 guys flinging lead in a densely packed space at 32,000 feet!
    Ah, I see that your hatred of pro-gun folks continues to color your view.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Ah, I see that your hatred of pro-gun folks continues to color your view.
    I see that an unwillingness to be more faithful to our Second Amendment, continues to color the view of gun lovers.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    okla-freakin-homa
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,623

    Re: U.S. Supreme Court declines new gun regulations challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    Ah, I see that your hatred of pro-gun folks continues to color your view.
    Laughing, no hate in my heart for the right to keep and bear as I do keep and bear. Do have to laugh at the silly comments many 'gun pro's' make in an attempt to equate well trained professionals from anyone who can carry a weapon.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •