Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

  1. #31
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    Would you have listened if anybody tried to tell you? Nope, I can't imagine you would have. Most of us wouldn't.

    Seems kind of sad that you are dancing on the grave of a failed marriage.
    I know about failed marriage.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #32
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,030

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well I could have told them the truth without them having to experience the pain.
    No, you couldn't have. Because unless you actually know the couple personally, there is little way that you could really know if their marriage would last or not. Heck, many times even when people do know the couple, they aren't able to predict if the marriage will last or not, especially not after a couple of decades together.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #33
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    No, you couldn't have. Because unless you actually know the couple personally, there is little way that you could really know if their marriage would last or not. Heck, many times even when people do know the couple, they aren't able to predict if the marriage will last or not, especially not after a couple of decades together.
    Where's the tongue-in-cheek emoticon when you need it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #34
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,694

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I know about failed marriage.
    So? That doesn't make you an expert, nor does it give you the right to take delight in the fact that somebody else's marriage failed. If anything, it should make you sad because you have experienced that kind of pain, and loss, firsthand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

  5. #35
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
    So? That doesn't make you an expert, nor does it give you the right to take delight in the fact that somebody else's marriage failed. If anything, it should make you sad because you have experienced that kind of pain, and loss, firsthand.
    Who's taking delight, you sure know how to read into things.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #36
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Who gives a ****?

    I know that I won't waste any time agonizing over this.

    Those involved need to deal with their problems and the rest of us need to move on with our lives.

  7. #37
    Ho, ho, ho.
    Superfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Coast
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    21,694

    Re: 1st openly gay Episcopal bishop to divorce husband

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Where's the tongue-in-cheek emoticon when you need it?
    Oh, so now it's tongue-in-cheek. I don't think you started this thread as tongue-in-cheek. You almost seemed gleeful that this marriage ended, all because it's between a gay couple.

    So transparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomsky
    It's easy to be a Conservative, until you need help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal
    After years of condemning Bill Clinton for being a rapist, Republicans apparently changed their minds about the whole thing and elected one of their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen
    Fox News knows their audience. Nuance and facts aren't why they tune in.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •