Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 74 of 74

Thread: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

  1. #71
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What difference would it make? You can't deal with the demographics of a typical MW worker to begin with......and you have no point.....at all.....which is....very typical of your posts.


    Um, I think we covered this last year, and I would not expect you to have changed your opinion.....or show any further understanding of why we have a MW......so again, what is your point?

    Do you know what your point is?
    It makes all the difference in the world except to a big govt. liberal like you who believes it is the Federal Government's responsibility to tell the private businesses in your state what to pay their workers. Typical liberalism of micromanaging something they don't understand. Do you think the cost of living is the same in each state? It isn't any of the Federal Govt's business what a private business in TX pays their workers and you don't seem to comprehend that concept.

    We have an intrusive Federal Govt. who has no business telling you as a private employer what to pay your employees if you had any. Just like with every issue this should be a state issue and not a Federal one.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you think the cost of living is the same in each state?
    Em...er....uh.....each of the states DO, in fact, set their own MW......to...um.....address the their COL.

    But the idea in debating someone, is to address the premise of their original comment.

    I replied to the comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    It's also lunacy to suggest wages have been stagnant since the 1970's.
    with:
    uh-huh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Repost:



    Versus....



    so....are you ever going to make ANY point that relates directly to my response.....which I will remind you AGAIN....had next to nothing to do with MW?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  3. #73
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Em...er....uh.....each of the states DO, in fact, set their own MW......to...um.....address the their COL.

    But the idea in debating someone, is to address the premise of their original comment.

    I replied to the comment:with:

    so....are you ever going to make ANY point that relates directly to my response.....which I will remind you AGAIN....had next to nothing to do with MW?
    Awesome, so the states set their own Minimum Wage? Interesting then why this is a Federal issue? You don't seem to grasp the responsibility that goes with businesses nor do you understand profit demand at all. Just keep spouting liberal talking points that show you are out of touch with reality. The best way to raise wages is to create a vibrant growing economy and liberals have no idea how to do that

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Where I am now
    Last Seen
    09-11-17 @ 03:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,386

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    BTW - as of yesterday's close - the DOW was down for 2014.

    INDU Quote - Dow Jones Industrial Average Index - Bloomberg

    73,000 jobs lost in April, 0.1% GDP rise, 0.1% rise in retail sales in April...and now the DOW (and the Russell 2000 - a small cap index) is down for the calender year.

    Either the weather is to blame or more QE anyone?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •