Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

  1. #61
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    LOL....Con, link to your "profit demand" definition.
    That explains a lot showing how little you understand about what it takes for individuals to live on

  2. #62
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    OK...no response....so I will help you out.

    "Profit demand" is a number a BUSINESS OWNER creates as a reward appropriate to the risk of running a business. It is not a number a MW worker calculates for his own personal interest.....since he is not a business owner.

    Why you conflate it with MW to a MW worker is beyond me.
    Wrong, profit demand is what the business owner needs in Gross profit to meet their personal and operating expenses of which payroll is an operating expense.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Unlike you I actually employed people and do indeed know who the Minimum wage worker is
    NO, you have constantly displayed a desire to talk about teens, they are not representative of MW workers.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 05-14-14 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Wrong, profit demand is what the business owner needs in Gross profit to meet their personal and operating expenses of which payroll is an operating expense.
    Wrong, I have asked you multiple times to link to a definition.....and again, you were applying it to a concern of a MW worker:
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Further there are many making minimum wage that aren't teens with low profit demand but that profit demand doesn't interest you as you prefer making the actual wage an issue not what the people spend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That explains a lot showing how little you understand about what it takes for individuals to live on
    So which is it con? Is "profit demand" something a MW worker calculates for himself, or a risk payment an owner calculates?

    Go on and find a reference. Link to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    NO, you have constantly displayed a desire to talk about teens, they are not representative of MW workers.
    From BLS, 20% of the Minimum wage earners are teens and the number being paid the Federal Minimum wage isn't what you think it is but that doesn't stop you from spending someone else's money. You have no concept of how businesses operate and what profit demand is.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Wrong, I have asked you multiple times to link to a definition.....and again, you were applying it to a concern of a MW worker:


    So which is it con? Is "profit demand" something a MW worker calculates for himself, or a risk payment an owner calculates?

    Go on and find a reference. Link to it.
    Everyone has a profit demand even you. It applies to everyone, it is what you make in relationship to what you spend. You don't seem to understand the concept obviously never running anything or even handling your own expenses.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    From BLS, 20% of the Minimum wage earners are teens
    ...and again, (less than) 20% are not representative, aka "typical". This is the 2nd time I have told you this today.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Everyone has a profit demand even you. It applies to everyone, it is what you make in relationship to what you spend. You don't seem to understand the concept obviously never running anything or even handling your own expenses.
    OK...I get it it, you have really no idea what you are talking about, you cannot reference it......and you are going to apply it differently to owners and individuals.

    Let me know when you have a textbook definition you can link to.....if you ever find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ...and again, (less than) 20% are not representative, aka "typical". This is the 2nd time I have told you this today.
    You have never told me how many people in a labor force of 155 million with 145 million working are making Federal minimum wage and why it is your responsibility or the government's to tell a private business what to pay their employees? I am waiting.

  10. #70
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have never told me how many people in a labor force of 155 million with 145 million working are making Federal minimum wage
    What difference would it make? You can't deal with the demographics of a typical MW worker to begin with......and you have no point.....at all.....which is....very typical of your posts.


    and why it is your responsibility or the government's to tell a private business what to pay their employees? I am waiting.
    Um, I think we covered this last year, and I would not expect you to have changed your opinion.....or show any further understanding of why we have a MW......so again, what is your point?

    Do you know what your point is?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •