Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

  1. #51
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion.
    No, it isn't an "opinion", it is what we call a "fact". The fact is that teens make-up less than 20% of MW workers.

    FFS, stop telling me how wrong I am when you have little to no knowledge of the topic YOU BROUGHT UP WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, it isn't an "opinion", it is what we call a "fact". The fact is that teens make-up less than 20% of MW workers.

    FFS, stop telling me how wrong I am when you have little to no knowledge of the topic YOU BROUGHT UP WITH ME.
    20% of the 8 million or so making minimum wage is 1.6 million that you want to pay whatever to. Further there are many making minimum wage that aren't teens with low profit demand but that profit demand doesn't interest you as you prefer making the actual wage an issue not what the people spend. Didn't Obama say get rid of the cell phone to pay for Obamacare? When will you hold people responsible for what they spend vs. telling a private business what to pay those people?

  3. #53
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    just maybe they are being rewarded for what they are worth.
    Well there you are, MW workers should be in poverty since they are genetically inferior.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Well there you are, MW workers should be in poverty since they are genetically inferior.
    Seems like liberals have the genetic defeat, inability to reason and understand personal responsibility. Again is it too much to ask to do research into how many people make minimum wage and what their profit demand is rather than broad brush the issue like you always do using your own standard of living as a guideline? Again, still waiting, what gives you or anyone else the right to tell someone else what they should pay their employees?

  5. #55
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    you prefer making the actual wage an issue not what the people spend.
    FFS con, you were one just a few posts ago avoiding how the poverty level is defined, let alone actually discussing how it is calculated.

    Can't you remember your argument from less than a half hour ago?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Living below the reported poverty level doesn't mean one is living in poverty
    Quit avoiding discussing the typical MW worker.....but then......you don't know who the typical MW worker is.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    their profit demand is
    LOL....Con, link to your "profit demand" definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Guess another subject you know nothing about is profit demand.
    OK...no response....so I will help you out.

    "Profit demand" is a number a BUSINESS OWNER creates as a reward appropriate to the risk of running a business. It is not a number a MW worker calculates for his own personal interest.....since he is not a business owner.

    Why you conflate it with MW to a MW worker is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Further there are many making minimum wage that aren't teens with low profit demand but that profit demand doesn't interest you
    Again, "profit demand" is something an owner calculates for himself, it is not a number a MW worker calculates for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #59
    Guru
    soot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Seen
    04-25-17 @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,308

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by ginwood View Post
    If you aint making $20 an hour, and getting at least 50 hours per week, you might as WELL be unemployed, cause what's happening is you are slowly starving to death. and that's about 3/4 of of the US population. That's WITHOUT a dependent wife or kids. With a couple of kids, you AND your wife better be grossing 100k per year, each. Or you HAVE to be either sucking the govt teat for the kid's education (a very poor one) or you are in other ways not raising the kids properly/not adequately preparing for your retirement/healthcare.
    I kinda get your point, but I disagree that sending your kids to public school (the only schooling provided via the "government teat") necessarily equates to a poor education or a failure to properly prepare your kids for life.
    “Now it is not good for the Christian’s health to hustle the Aryan brown,
    For the Christian riles, and the Aryan smiles and he weareth the Christian down;
    And the end of the fight is a tombstone white with the name of the late deceased,
    And the epitaph drear: “A Fool lies here who tried to hustle the East.”

  10. #60
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: ECONOMY Jobs Report: U.S. Adds 288,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Drops to 6.3%

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    FFS con, you were one just a few posts ago avoiding how the poverty level is defined, let alone actually discussing how it is calculated.

    Can't you remember your argument from less than a half hour ago?



    Quit avoiding discussing the typical MW worker.....but then......you don't know who the typical MW worker is.
    Unlike you I actually employed people and do indeed know who the Minimum wage worker is and also know that no one makes minimum wage for long if they are worth it. You on the other have have no problem spending someone else's money never having an "skin in the game" yet an expert on everything and every topic. You just have no idea what you are talking about for if you did you would actually do the research, actually employ people, and actually help in their development instead of spending someone else's money

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •