Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 470

Thread: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

  1. #391
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The topic is 'Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'. This time you should actually think about post 381.
    Thought I'd share:

    "You think people's failure to match your level of outrage is based on ignorance," Stewart said. "That after nearly 100 network news stories, hundreds of cable news stories about Benghazi, 13 Congressional hearings, 50 further Congressional briefings, and 25,000 pages of official findings concerning what happened in Benghazi, that if we all only knew about it, we would care." Right.

    Rather, the reason no one can match Fox News' outrage is that we've seen this sort of thing before. You want to talk about an intelligence failure leading to the tragedy of American's losing their lives? As Stewart pointed out, there's a little something called the Iraq War.

    "I commend you for finally getting in touch with your inner outrage. Because if I remember correctly, in the previous decade it was an emotion you did not seem comfortable addressing or expressing," Stewart said.

    Jon Stewart Exposes Fox News' Hypocrisy over Benghazi - The Wire

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #392
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Thought I'd share:

    "You think people's failure to match your level of outrage is based on ignorance," Stewart said. "That after nearly 100 network news stories, hundreds of cable news stories about Benghazi, 13 Congressional hearings, 50 further Congressional briefings, and 25,000 pages of official findings concerning what happened in Benghazi, that if we all only knew about it, we would care." Right.

    Rather, the reason no one can match Fox News' outrage is that we've seen this sort of thing before. You want to talk about an intelligence failure leading to the tragedy of American's losing their lives? As Stewart pointed out, there's a little something called the Iraq War.

    "I commend you for finally getting in touch with your inner outrage. Because if I remember correctly, in the previous decade it was an emotion you did not seem comfortable addressing or expressing," Stewart said.

    Jon Stewart Exposes Fox News' Hypocrisy over Benghazi - The Wire
    Stewart is such a hack.

    Going along with the desperate left wing tactic of diversion and Bush blame.

    You people used to say Benghazzi was a fake scandal. What happened ?

  3. #393
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    And your point is that the public should just accept this and move on rather than confronting liars? That 'they all do it' excuse is wearing a little thin.
    it just seems that this issue is more about politics than about discovering what went wrong.

  4. #394
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Stewart is such a hack.

    Going along with the desperate left wing tactic of diversion and Bush blame.

    You people used to say Benghazzi was a fake scandal. What happened ?
    Hack or not he's correct. You just don't want to own your own hypocrisy (universal your).

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #395
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Hack or not he's correct. You just don't want to own your own hypocrisy (universal your).
    Hypocrisy is a part of politics. For example, doubt that you would call the o - criminals "hero's in error" right?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #396
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    No, American. The blatant arrogance belongs to those who have been passionately screaming "Benghazi" for political points the last few years, yet don't give one flying **** about those who died.
    Bingo. Its so ironic that the wacko right-wing is claiming that the "scandal" behind Benghazi was for political purposes.....when the only real reason that the wingers keep trying to kick this dead horse is to rally their base in a never-ending hope to gain political points....and the really funny thing is that the salivating base doesn't even recognize that they are being manipulated.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #397
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Stewart is such a hack.

    Going along with the desperate left wing tactic of diversion and Bush blame.

    You people used to say Benghazzi was a fake scandal. What happened ?
    It is a fake scandal.....no matter how many thousand times you try to breathe life into it.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  8. #398
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hypocrisy is a part of politics. For example, doubt that you would call the o - criminals "hero's in error" right?
    True that. But I didn't know you guys were politicians. However, if you're willing to concede this is just one side of the isle hypocrisy, I'll move on.

    And no, to the part I put in bold. There was nothing equivalent in this to Chalibi and his heroes in error.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #399
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    True that. But I didn't know you guys were politicians. However, if you're willing to concede this is just one side of the isle hypocrisy, I'll move on.

    And no, to the part I put in bold. There was nothing equivalent in this to Chalibi and his heroes in error.
    To some extent, sure it is. But let's see if Obama the liar will release the PDBs. Wanna bet he won't?
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #400
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,224

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    It is a fake scandal.....no matter how many thousand times you try to breathe life into it.
    Yes, Obama and Hillary concocting a fake video narrative while our Embassy was still under attack and then lying about it for the next 20 months is a "fake scandal".

    The WH ignoring a Senate committee subpoena over a E-mail that would have proven they lied to Millions of Americans and the Family members of those murdered at Benghazzi is a "fake scandal".

    The Obama administration and Hillary chosing their Political welfare over the welfare of the people who died in Benghazzi is a "fake scandal".

    Sucks for people like you.

    For months to come we get to witness a steady stream of corroborating data and evidence that will define Obama's legacy and ruin Hillary's chances in 2016 .

    No amount of desperate and pathetic partisan mitigation from people like you is going to stop it.

    Yes, we were ( Conservatives ) RIGHT all along about these low lifes

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •