Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 470

Thread: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

  1. #131
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Im trying to figure out if there were actual protest over a video going on when that E-mail was sent.

    Or was there just one, whichh would be their lie about Benghazzi being because of a video.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,474

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    A protest over WHAT ??

    WHAT CAUSED the Protest ?? A Video ?
    That was the original assessment by the CIA.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Actually, it was the CIA who thought the attack was a result of the protests.




    Read more: Former CIA director Morell denies misleading American people on Benghazi - UPI.com


    Heya Moot.....nah. Actually the Libyans warned us 3 days in advance of the attack. That would be State and the CIA they told.


    Libya: We gave US three-day warning of Benghazi attack.....
    Tuesday 18 September 2012


    American diplomats were warned of possible violent unrest in Benghazi three days before the killings of US Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three members of his team, Libyan security officials say.

    The claim came as the country's interim President, Mohammed el-Megarif, said his government had information that the attack on the US consulate had been planned by an Islamist group with links to al-Qa'ida and with foreigners taking part.

    However, the American ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, insisted that the killings had resulted from a demonstration against a film about the Prophet Mohamed, replicating protests in Cairo, which had been "hijacked" and got out of control.

    The Independent has reported diplomatic sources who said that the threat of an attack against US interests in the region was known to the US administration 48 hours before it took place. The alert was issued by the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, but not made public. A State Department spokesman maintained: "We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the US Mission in Benghazi was planned or imminent."

    But President Megarif told the American station National Public Radio: "We firmly believe that this was a pre-calculated, pre-planned attack that was carried out specifically to attack the US Consulate. A few of those who joined in were foreigners who had entered Libya from different directions, some of them definitely from Mali and Algeria."

    A senior official of the biggest militia in Benghazi, the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he had warned US diplomats of a rapidly deteriorating security situation in Benghazi three days before the attack. "The situation is frightening, it scares us," he said he had stressed during the meeting. Mr Stevens had been back in Libya for only a short time before US security officials decided it would be safe to make the journey to Benghazi during the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. The British consulate in the city was shut after an ambush of a convoy carrying Dominic Asquith, the UK ambassador, in which his bodyguard were injured. The UN and International Committee of the Red Cross offices had been bombed and there had been a spate of political assassinations.

    However, Ms Rice denied the Benghazi attack was pre-planned. She said: "Our current best assessment... is that... it was a spontaneous – not a premeditated – response to what had transpired in Cairo. "A small number of people came to the consulate. It seems to have been hijacked by some individual clusters of extremists who came with heavier weapons... And it then evolved from there." Mr Stevens was separated from his protection team during the attack. He was found, it is thought unconscious, by locals who took him to hospital where, doctors said, he died from smoke inhalation.....snip~

    Libya: We gave US three-day warning of Benghazi attack - Africa - World - The Independent

    Which doesn't count the Libyan FM telling the Brits and the BBC in the UK that the attacked was planned.

  4. #134
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    It wont load for some reason.

    Did those protest happen before or after the E-mail was sent ?

    And dont get me wrong, Rice was being prepped for the Sunday talk shows to spread a lie that was Politically beneficial to Obama, no question about it.

    The E-mail refered to protest in the plural. So which protest was he talking about ?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,321

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That was the original assessment by the CIA.

    A ex CIA official just testified under Oath that the Video narrative wasn't part of their talking points.

    So who brought the Video fals narrative into it ?

    The WH ofcourse.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Im trying to figure out if there were actual protest over a video going on when that E-mail was sent.

    Or was there just one, whichh would be their lie about Benghazzi being because of a video.
    Here is what All of Team O had to say on Sept 12. 2012......There is no getting around what they told the MS Media.


    Sept.12: Obama Labels Attack ‘Act of Terror,’ Not ‘Terrorism’
    Sept. 12: Clinton issues a statement confirming that four U.S. officials, not one, had been killed. She called it a “violent attack.”
    Sept. 12: Clinton delivers a speech at the State Department to condemn the attack in Benghazi and to praise the victims as “heroes.” She again makes reference to the anti-Muslim video in similar language.

    Sept. 12: After his Rose Garden speech, Obama tapes an interview for “60 Minutes.” Obama says he didn’t use the word “terrorism” in his Rose Garden speech because “it’s too early to know exactly how this came about.” Steve Kroft, the show’s host, wonders how the attack could be described as a “mob action” since the attackers were “very heavily armed.” Obama says “we’re still investigating,” but he suspects “folks involved in this . . . were looking to target Americans from the start.”

    Sept. 12: Senior administration officials, who did not permit use of their names, hold a briefing with reporters to answer questions about the attack. Twice officials characterize those involved in the attack as “extremists.” In one case, an official identified only as “senior administration official one” is asked by Fox News reporter Justin Fishel if the administration had ruled out the possibly that the attack was in response to the anti-Muslim video. The official says, “We just don’t know.”

    Sept. 12, 4:09 p.m.: At a press briefing en route to Las Vegas, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is asked, “Does the White House believe that the attack in Benghazi was planned and premeditated?” He responds, “It’s too early for us to make that judgment. I think — I know that this is being investigated, and we’re working with the Libyan government to investigate the incident. So I would not want to speculate on that at this time.”

    Sept. 12: Libya’s deputy ambassador to London, Ahmad Jibril, tells the BBC that Ansar al-Sharia was behind the attack. The little-known militant group issues a statement that says it “didn’t participate as a sole entity,” neither confirming nor denying the report.

    Sept. 12, 6:06 p.m.: Beth Jones, the acting assistant secretary of state for the Near East, sends an email to top State Department officials that reads in part: “[T]he group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al-Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic extremists.” (An excerpt of Jones’ email was read by Rep. Trey Gowdy at the May 8, 2013, House oversight hearing.)

    Sept. 12: Citing unnamed “U.S. government officials,” Reuters reports that “the Benghazi attack may have been planned in advance” and that members of Ansar al-Sharia “may have been involved.” Reuters quotes one of the U.S. officials as saying: “It bears the hallmarks of an organized attack.”.....snip~

    Benghazi Timeline

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...video-w-9.html

  7. #137
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Im trying to figure out if there were actual protest over a video going on when that E-mail was sent.

    Or was there just one, whichh would be their lie about Benghazzi being because of a video.
    Contemporary forums are great resources. Here's one which may be useful. Also, note how the conservative line of attack is that the protests were not the result of the video, but are indicative of the administrations failure.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...d-nations.html

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    A ex CIA official just testified under Oath that the Video narrative wasn't part of their talking points.

    So who brought the Video fals narrative into it ?

    The WH ofcourse.



    Sept. 13: ‘Clearly Planned’ or ‘Spontaneous’ Attack?

    Sept. 13: Clinton meets with Ali Suleiman Aujali — the Libyan ambassador to the U.S. — at a State Department event to mark the end of Ramadan. Ambassador Aujali apologizes to Clinton for what he called “this terrorist attack which took place against the American consulate in Libya.” Clinton, in her remarks, does not refer to it as a terrorist attack. She condemns the anti-Muslim video, but adds that there is “never any justification for violent acts of this kind.”

    Clinton: Religious freedom and religious tolerance are essential to the stability of any nation, any people. Hatred and violence in the name of religion only poison the well. All people of faith and good will know that the actions of a small and savage group in Benghazi do not honor religion or God in any way. Nor do they speak for the more than 1 billion Muslims around the world, many of whom have shown an outpouring of support during this time.

    Unfortunately, however, over the last 24 hours, we have also seen violence spread elsewhere. Some seek to justify this behavior as a response to inflammatory, despicable material posted on the Internet. As I said earlier today, the United States rejects both the content and the message of that video. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. At our meeting earlier today, my colleague, the foreign minister of Morocco, said that all prophets should be respected because they are all symbols of our humanity, for all humanity.

    But both of us were crystal clear in this paramount message: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind. And we look to leaders around the world to stand up and speak out against violence, and to take steps to protect diplomatic missions from attack.

    Sept. 13: At a daily press briefing, State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland was asked if the Benghazi attack was “purely spontaneous or was premeditated by militants.” She declined to say, reiterating that the administration did not want to “jump to conclusions.”

    Sept. 13: Clinton met with Moroccan Foreign Minister Saad-Eddine Al-Othmani. She condemned what she called the “disgusting and reprehensible” anti-Muslim video and the violence that it triggered. She said, “Islam, like other religions, respects the fundamental dignity of human beings, and it is a violation of that fundamental dignity to wage attacks on innocents. As long as there are those who are willing to shed blood and take innocent life in the name of religion, the name of God, the world will never know a true and lasting peace.”

    Sept. 13: At a campaign event in Colorado, Obama again uses the phrase “act of terror.” He says: “I want people around the world to hear me: To all those who would do us harm, no act of terror will go unpunished.”

    Sept. 13: CNN reports that unnamed “State Department officials” say the incident in Benghazi was a “clearly planned military-type attack” unrelated to the anti-Muslim movie.

    Sept. 14: White House Says No Evidence of Planned Attack.....snip~


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ideo-w-10.html

  9. #139
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    It wont load for some reason.

    Did those protest happen before or after the E-mail was sent ?

    And dont get me wrong, Rice was being prepped for the Sunday talk shows to spread a lie that was Politically beneficial to Obama, no question about it.

    The E-mail refered to protest in the plural. So which protest was he talking about ?
    Better yet.. this thread
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...-protests.html

  10. #140
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 02:51 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Ex-White House Official On Benghazi: 'Dude, This Was Like Two Years Ago'

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    Im trying to figure out if there were actual protest over a video going on when that E-mail was sent.

    Or was there just one, whichh would be their lie about Benghazzi being because of a video.
    And this thread was started before the Benghazi attacks.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...sy-w-53-a.html

Page 14 of 47 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •