Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 121

Thread: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

  1. #41
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    There's a lot of former combat types on this forum.

    There isn't a one of us that doesn't recognize this for what it is. Obama is a disgusting, un-American coward that let four of our guys die a terrible death without raising a finger. He should be relieved of command for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

    I don't know how he can even look in the mirror.
    Last edited by Ray410; 05-01-14 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Carney was indeed both ridiculous and pathetic today.
    He was like so many little Jay Carneys out there and some that post here.

    Trading integrity for their ideology.

    I cant decide if they know that theyre lying or if they've conditioned themselves to not knowing the difference between fact or fiction.

    But, I am starting to notice some of their old indefensible Benghazzi talking points fall away after this latest document release.

    I'm waiting for the day when there is so much corroborating evidence to show Obama's dishonesty on this issue ( and others ) that they will be left with only 2 choices.

    Admit their gullibility, or stand behind him compeltley by saying the lies and the four dead Americans were completely justified by Obama's re-election.

  3. #43
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,835

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray410 View Post
    There's a lot of former combat types on this forum.

    There isn't a one of us that doesn't recognize this for what it is. Obama is a disgusting, un-American coward that let four of our guys die without raising a finger. He should be relieved of command for cowardice in the face of the enemy.

    I don't know how he can even look in the mirror.
    But if that's true, there are a lot of fellow soldiers willing to keep a nice career and the perks of power, in several different commands involved that night, rather than testify to what you're alleging. Shouldn't these cowards also be relieved of their commands? Has even one testified that they had the ability to do more that night but were prohibited from acting?

  4. #44
    Guru

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Nevada
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,838

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    But if that's true, there are a lot of fellow soldiers willing to keep a nice career and the perks of power, in several different commands involved that night, rather than testify to what you're alleging. Shouldn't these cowards also be relieved of their commands?
    With a different American president they already would have been. Somehow with Obama, the buck never seems to reach the top. Never even seems to start on its way to the top.

  5. #45
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    What would you identify as a SNAFU?
    This is old news. In fact the entire thing is OLD. The CIA got blindsided by the attack and instead of admitting they screwed up they decided to blame the video, which had already caused violent uprisings in Cairo and Yemen. They are the ones that told Stevens that he would not need extra protection because they were taking care of it. They did try too, but they failed to stop the attack. We still don't know exactly what the CIA was doing there at that "annex" but what ever it was kept them busy enough to miss the chatter about an attack on the Ambassador. He should have had those special forces men that he turned down more than once. You have to ask yourself why did he do that? We will never know....and how convenient for the CIA too.

    Congressman Frank Wolf (R-Va.) agreed, saying: "There are questions that must be asked of the CIA and this must be done in a public way."

    The Agency, for its part, doesn't want anyone knowing what it was doing in the Libyan port city.

    On Thursday Drew Griffin and Kathleen Johnston of CNN reported that the CIA "is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret."

    Sources told CNN that 35 Americans were in Benghazi that night — 21 of whom were working out of the annex — and that several were wounded, some seriously.

    One source said: "You have no idea the amount of pressure being brought to bear on anyone with knowledge of this operation."

    Among the questions are whether CIA missteps contributed to the security failure in Benghazi and, more importantly, whether the Agency's Benghazi operation had anything to do with reported heavy weapons shipments from the local port to Syrian rebels.
    Read more: The Secret CIA Mission In Benghazi - Business Insider
    Last edited by iguanaman; 05-01-14 at 11:52 PM.

  6. #46
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    This is old news. In fact the entire thing is OLD. The CIA got blindsided by the attack and instead of admitting they screwed up they decided to blame the video, which had already caused violent uprisings in Cairo and Yemen. They are the ones that told Stevens that he would not need extra protection because they were taking care of it. They did try too, but they failed to stop the attack. We still don't know exactly what the CIA was doing there at that "annex" but what ever it was kept them busy enough to miss the chatter about an attack on the Ambassador.


    Read more: The Secret CIA Mission In Benghazi - Business Insider
    Not only old, but wildly inaccurate.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  7. #47
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Not only old, but wildly inaccurate.
    What is your explanation for Stevens refusing extra security weeks before the attack? What do you think the CIA was doing in that annex?
    What makes you trust the CIA so much? I fault Obama for allowing the CIA to dictate his response but I don't think it was as bad as this.........


    Presidential Medals of Failure
    This is the question I asked myself as, one by one, the pictures of the latest Presidential Medal of Freedom awardees flashed by on my computer screen. First came George Tenet, the former CIA director and the man who had assured President Bush that it was a "slam-dunk" that Saddam Hussein's Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Then came L. Paul Bremer, the former viceroy of Iraq, who disbanded the Iraqi army and ousted Baathists from government jobs, therefore contributing mightily to the current chaos in that country. Finally came retired Gen. Tommy Franks, the architect of the plan whereby the United States sent too few troops to Iraq.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Dec15.html
    Last edited by iguanaman; 05-02-14 at 12:09 AM.

  8. #48
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,890
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    What is your explanation for Stevens refusing extra security weeks before the attack? What do you think the CIA was doing in that annex?
    Stevens had originally entered Libya via Benghazi, knew the city very well and had many friends there. Like many Ambassadors, he had complete confidence in his ability to handle himself. He also wanted to avoid a "heavy footprint."
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  9. #49
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenton View Post
    He was like so many little Jay Carneys out there and some that post here.

    Trading integrity for their ideology.

    I cant decide if they know that theyre lying or if they've conditioned themselves to not knowing the difference between fact or fiction.

    But, I am starting to notice some of their old indefensible Benghazzi talking points fall away after this latest document release.

    I'm waiting for the day when there is so much corroborating evidence to show Obama's dishonesty on this issue ( and others ) that they will be left with only 2 choices.

    Admit their gullibility, or stand behind him compeltley by saying the lies and the four dead Americans were completely justified by Obama's re-election.
    These e-mails simply confirm what we already know. That the Administration took the CIA's story word for word without verifying it to be true. I fault them for that. I can't believe anyone trusts the CIA anymore. Everything else is just a right wing wet dream.

  10. #50
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,375

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Stevens had originally entered Libya via Benghazi, knew the city very well and had many friends there. Like many Ambassadors, he had complete confidence in his ability to handle himself. He also wanted to avoid a "heavy footprint."
    And you don't think having that CIA annex a few blocks away had anything to do with his misplaced bravado? Didn't the CIA send in help?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •