Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 121

Thread: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

  1. #101
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Politically, Gates is to my right. Moreover, please note that neither the General in the OP nor I blame anyone for not launching a rescue.
    Uh Huh. Excuse me if I roll my eyes.

    The General's regret was that no order to initiate planning for a rescue was issued or received.
    I've basically stopped paying much of any attention after both parties turned on this event. There is no finding the facts when both are using it for political purposes.

    But your posting history does suggest you would criticize the administration regardless of what it did.

    The KEY difference I've noticed between people who hated Bush was that when he did something they liked, they basically pretended it didn't happen and said nothing. People who hate Obama will criticize him when he does things they like and will find a way to criticize him on both sides of a position. No rescue? Criticize for not doing anything. Rescue? Criticize for risking lives on no intelligence.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #102
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,761
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Uh Huh. Excuse me if I roll my eyes.



    I've basically stopped paying much of any attention after both parties turned on this event. There is no finding the facts when both are using it for political purposes.

    But your posting history does suggest you would criticize the administration regardless of what it did.
    If that's what you believe then you haven't been paying attention. I've supported the BHO administration on several issues.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  3. #103
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    If that's what you believe then you haven't been paying attention. I've supported the BHO administration on several issues.
    And my Aunt is the Queen of Sheeba. Whatever dude.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #104
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,761
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And my Aunt is the Queen of Sheeba. Whatever dude.
    Same sex marriage, Snowden, NSA surveillance, pivot to Asia, Fannie/Freddie, just to name a few.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #105
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Way to fail to understand what was written (as your usual). There's a difference between taking risks and taking blind risks.

    But I cannot expect partisan hacks to understand that. Nothing you have ever said suggests you are even remotely more credible, knowledgeable or wiser than Gates. Tell me why anyone should consider your opinion to be of greater value than Gate's.
    "No plan survive's first contact with the enemy", which is why blind risks are usually the order of the day. I don't expect someone whose never spent a single day in uniform to understand that. "Because it's dangerous", is a coward's excuse to shirk his duty. It's not a wonder you believe that's ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Uh Huh. Excuse me if I roll my eyes.



    I've basically stopped paying much of any attention after both parties turned on this event. There is no finding the facts when both are using it for political purposes.

    But your posting history does suggest you would criticize the administration regardless of what it did.

    The KEY difference I've noticed between people who hated Bush was that when he did something they liked, they basically pretended it didn't happen and said nothing. People who hate Obama will criticize him when he does things they like and will find a way to criticize him on both sides of a position. No rescue? Criticize for not doing anything. Rescue? Criticize for risking lives on no intelligence.
    And you're going to supporr the administration, regardless of how incompetant it proves to be. Birds of a feather, I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,761
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Way to fail to understand what was written (as your usual). There's a difference between taking risks and taking blind risks.

    But I cannot expect partisan hacks to understand that. Nothing you have ever said suggests you are even remotely more credible, knowledgeable or wiser than Gates. Tell me why anyone should consider your opinion to be of greater value than Gate's.
    Hmmm. The only hack here would seem to be you. The OP does not concern Gates or even DoD. The General's problem was that no one ever ordered them even to start planning/moving for a possible rescue. And at the beginning there was no way to know how much time or intel they would or would not have.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  8. #108
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And you're going to supporr the administration, regardless of how incompetant it proves to be. Birds of a feather, I guess...
    Is that why I called Obama back in 2009 "Bush III?"

    Try again. And fail less next time.

    Is that why I didn't vote for Obama twice? Because I'm supporting the administration?

    Try again. And fail less next time.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #109
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,876

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Is that why I called Obama back in 2009 "Bush III?"

    Try again. And fail less next time.
    As far as apdst is concerned, anyone who doesn't outright condemn in the harshest language possible every single thing the administration does is an Obama bootlicker.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  10. #110
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: General: We Should Have Tried in Benghazi

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    Hmmm. The only hack here would seem to be you. The OP does not concern Gates or even DoD. The General's problem was that no one ever ordered them even to start planning/moving for a possible rescue. And at the beginning there was no way to know how much time or intel they would or would not have.
    Since when was the discussion purely limited to the OP? Oops.

    Seems you didn't like the fact I'm pointing out what you didn't like, namely, you'd criticize the administration regardless of what it did.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •