Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 71 to 76 of 76

Thread: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

  1. #71
    Educator
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    10-14-14 @ 12:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    701

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually, you're wrong. It is burglary because they went into the building illegally with the explicit intent to commit an offense, vandalism and/or destruction of property. Burglary, despite popular belief, does not just cover theft.
    State specific, but NJ does not have a B & E statute, just Burglary.


    As a comparative example, Ohio has both.


    2C:18-2. Burglary. a. Burglary defined. A person is guilty of burglary if, with purpose to commit an offense therein or thereon he:

    (1) Enters a research facility, structure, or a separately secured or occupied portion thereof unless the structure was at the time open to the public or the actor is licensed or privileged to enter;



    l Learned this in my criminal justice classes. Took a lot of people, including myself by surprise too that this was the actual legal definition of burglary because most people assume that burglary must include some sort of theft.
    Criminal law is my field also and whatever the state defines it as it is, not what a general definition is.

  2. #72
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    Records are kept on criminal convictions - why is that concept hard for you to grasp?
    record keeping was not the idea you were putting forth. If you can not argue for your centention...that's ok.


  3. #73
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    record keeping was not the idea you were putting forth. If you can not argue for your centention...that's ok.
    That was exactly my contention, the "mark" that I referred to was a criminal conviction record.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  4. #74
    Guru
    1750Texan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Southcental Texas
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,569

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwtt78640 View Post
    That was exactly my contention, the "mark" that I referred to was a criminal conviction record.
    Just back track to where I commented on you post. It is important in a discussion to keep the original contention and counter in mind...The begining is a good start.


  5. #75
    Sometimes wrong

    ttwtt78640's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Uhland, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    34,650

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    Quote Originally Posted by 1750Texan View Post
    Just back track to where I commented on you post. It is important in a discussion to keep the original contention and counter in mind...The begining is a good start.
    Post #36 was the beginning of this and its first words were "A juvenile record" - how was that not my "original contention"? You originally wanted to know who gets to decide when one receives that record and it went on (far too long) from there.
    “The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself.
    Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” ― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

  6. #76
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,908

    Re: High school senior class prank leads to 62 arrests

    I would just give them like 60-90 hours of community service. And all charges be erased.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •