Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 129

Thread: Dems seek to rally base over GOP's block of minimum wage bill

  1. #1
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Dems seek to rally base over GOP's block of minimum wage bill

    GOP blocks minimum wage bill

    Senate Republicans block a bill to increase the federal minimum wage to $10.10 an hour. Democrats hope the issue will drive their supporters to the polls this fall.

    Dems seek to rally base over GOP's block of minimum wage bill - CNN.com

    Very interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #2
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Clear evidence that Dems are all about getting votes and not in doing what is best for the country.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #3
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Clear evidence that Dems are all about getting votes and not in doing what is best for the country.
    Nonsense. We have the highest minimum wage in America here in WA, And since it went up, unemployment has decreased.

    The right wing myth has been exposed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #4
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Nonsense. We have the highest minimum wage in America here in WA, And since it went up, unemployment has decreased.

    The right wing myth has been exposed.


    People leaving the workforce is not unemployment decreasing.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #5
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    People leaving the workforce is not unemployment decreasing.
    Right wing radio claims yet another victim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #6
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Nonsense. We have the highest minimum wage in America here in WA, And since it went up, unemployment has decreased.
    How would increasing the minimum wage reduce unemployment?

  7. #7
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,286

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    How would increasing the minimum wage reduce unemployment?
    I didn't say it caused unemployment to go down. But all the naysayers were sure it would immediately increase unemployment. The opposite happened. So you tell me, what happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #8
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    248

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    why not make it $30 an hour, like it really OUGHT to be, hmm? If, that is, as you claim, you REALLY want it to be a living wage, and if you really want such people paying taxes, getting ahead, etc. Why not make the US COMPLETELY non-competitive in the global market. ? You KNOW damned well that MOST other wages and prices would go up by a factor of 4 (at least). So why not make it obvious to everyone what you REALLY want, hmm? To buy votes or some other ignorance/skullduggery.

  9. #9
    better late than pregnant
    Gonzo Rodeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,131

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Porchev View Post
    How would increasing the minimum wage reduce unemployment?
    The short answer is: it doesn't.

    A small bump in minimum wage has almost no affect on the local (or national) economy. When the minimum wage starts to approach and go over about 45% of the local (national) average wage, though, you have problems.

    http://ppgr.files.wordpress.com/2013...an-brander.pdf
    "Political speech and writing are largely the defense of the indefensible. . . . Thus political language has to consist largely of euphemism, question-begging and sheer cloudy vagueness."
    ~Orwell, Politics and the English Language

  10. #10
    Guru
    Porchev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    01-08-17 @ 12:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    3,092

    Re: How $10.10 an hour could get votes in November

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I didn't say it caused unemployment to go down. But all the naysayers were sure it would immediately increase unemployment. The opposite happened. So you tell me, what happened?
    No, please, after you, I insist.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •