Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 390

Thread: United Church of Christ sues over NC ban on same-sex marriage

  1. #351
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,987

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Ad hominem. Aquinas's preexisting opinions have no relevance to the validity of his arguments.

    No they don't. And there is no evidence of the FSM.
    His points aren't valid. In fact, he made them prior to us finding out a whole lot more about physics and the world around us.

    There is no evidence of God either. In fact, if I were to even consider the Aquina's "5 Ways", then the FSM would be just as valid an explanation for all those things mentioned as the Christian (or any other religion's) god or gods.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    It implies that sodomy is morally acceptable, thus negatively impacting public morality (since the service is public).
    How does anyone know anyone is performing sodomy?

    How is sodomy *objectively* harmful?

    What makes sodomy immoral?

    (No sex act has anything to do with marriage, if you that is the service you refer to. Many straight couples also do it, and married couples do not *have to have* sex, it is not a requirement and we all know that most married couples have less and less sex as time goes on.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  3. #353
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    No one knows for absolutely certain the exact number of stars in the galaxy, and each person would guess differently. Does that make the number of stars in the galaxy subjective?
    No, because each person knows they are only guessing (or lying).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #354
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    How are morals nothing more than personal opinions?
    Stop yanking her chain. You've been in several threads specific to this topic lately and have never been able to explain how morals are objective. And your Catholic Confessional theory or whatever it's called picked apart and most certainly disposed of for application in America. Also exposed the whole 'natural law' thing as a poorly disguised attempt at acknowledging a higher power driving nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #355
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That isn't proof. That is philosophy and opinion. You really are having a problem with this whole fact thing in debating which you are not very good at.
    In a recent thread, he tried to prove that the Holocaust being immoral was 'absolute' and so that was proof that morals are objective. He had a list of 5or 6 things he claimed were factual...and everyone else pretty much pointed out that none or almost none of those things were 'facts.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  6. #356
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Roguenuke already posted it. Here it is again, where Palecon attempts to use the Holocaust as proof that morality is objective.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063190006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  7. #357
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    His points aren't valid. In fact, he made them prior to us finding out a whole lot more about physics and the world around us.

    There is no evidence of God either. In fact, if I were to even consider the Aquina's "5 Ways", then the FSM would be just as valid an explanation for all those things mentioned as the Christian (or any other religion's) god or gods.
    How are they not valid?

    How so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    How does anyone know anyone is performing sodomy?

    How is sodomy *objectively* harmful?

    What makes sodomy immoral?

    (No sex act has anything to do with marriage, if you that is the service you refer to. Many straight couples also do it, and married couples do not *have to have* sex, it is not a requirement and we all know that most married couples have less and less sex as time goes on.)
    Do you really doubt that they're committing acts of sodomy?

    Sodomy is contrary to the natural end of human sexuality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Roguenuke already posted it. Here it is again, where Palecon attempts to use the Holocaust as proof that morality is objective.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/polls/...post1063190006
    So are you saying that the holocaust was not objectively immoral?

  8. #358
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,987

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    How are they not valid?

    How so?
    Already explained. But here is some more to help you out.

    http://www.vorpal.us/2007/10/the-fiv...all-dead-ends/

    Plus, how can the FSM or Zeus or a cadre of little green men that do not have to conform to the laws of physics or nature not be just as valid of an explanation for what Aquinas opined as proof? Afterall, he nor you have any proof that any specific god exists, let alone the one you believe in. It is just as likely that any or all gods ever imagined really have a hand in the existence of the universe.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post


    Do you really doubt that they're committing acts of sodomy?

    Sodomy is contrary to the natural end of human sexuality.

    I have no idea what they are doing. Do you?

    And why does it matter if anything is contrary to the natural end of human sexuality?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,966

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Sodomy is contrary to the natural end of human sexuality.


    That's wrong just because any consensual sex act increases the intimacy bond, ensuring a pair stay together and further ensuring successfully raising the offspring.

    Non-sexually productive individuals in nature also protect the young of the group, as a matter of fact, in some groups, only the alpha male and female are allowed to mate and all others support them with resources and protection. Those individuals all have worth and a purpose even if they are not reproducing themselves. And of course we all know that homosexuals do reproduce naturally all the time. Why? Because **they WANT families.** They **WANT** to reproduce. Being gay does not take away that urge OR that ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •