Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 390

Thread: United Church of Christ sues over NC ban on same-sex marriage

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    None of what I said was opinion. And no, there's nothing better about light skin color.
    And there is nothing worse about contraception either, so please provide the facts that contraceptives are evil. You just make stuff up and lie. Typical Con.

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And there is nothing worse about contraception either, so please provide the facts that contraceptives are evil. You just make stuff up and lie. Typical Con.
    Except that contraception inhibits the natural end of sex.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Marriage is a legal institution.
    Wrong, in the state I am in marriage can be performed and not be state recognized. You know nothing about marriage obviously.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Except that contraception inhibits the natural end of sex.
    And that does not make it evil. It makes it a different outcome. Anti-biotics inhibit the natural end of life, yet I doubt you think they are evil.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Wrong, in the state I am in marriage can be performed and not be state recognized. You know nothing about marriage obviously.
    Marriage is a legal institution. Against a fact there is no argument.

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And that does not make it evil. It makes it a different outcome. Anti-biotics inhibit the natural end of life, yet I doubt you think they are evil.
    Anti-biotics do not directly inhibit any function of the human body.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: United Church of Christ sues over NC ban on same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    What many don't see is that in order for this lawsuit to succeed, you have to establish a Church's right to legally officiate a municipal contract. In other words, you have to join Church and State. Do you really want the Church in government, or do you want the wall of separation respected?

    So, I'm against this lawsuit, and my opposition has nothing to do with gay rights.
    Anybody who has been around for as long as you have, knows that's not true.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #108
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Gay marriages are harmful to society.

    Cars also are known to kill people, but the individual risk is so minimal that they should not be banned.
    Why don't you tell me exactly how you are harmed. I agree with you that gay marriage is not traditional, but I also recognize that it is none of my damn business, nor that of the government.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #109
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,719

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Gay marriage harms the moral fabric of society because it promotes sodomy.
    "Moral fabric" is not a measurable harm. It's a poorly-disguised slippery slope fallacy.

    Sodomy is already legal, and marriage does not "promote" sodomy. Ask any married man: marriage and sex are not the same thing. In fact, marriage promotes monogamy, which actually reduces the harm caused by sexual activities.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #110
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Why don't you tell me exactly how you are harmed. I agree with you that gay marriage is not traditional, but I also recognize that it is none of my damn business, nor that of the government.
    I am not personally harmed, however society is harmed by the acceptance of immorality. And the government has the right to protect the common good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    "Moral fabric" is not a measurable harm. It's a poorly-disguised slippery slope fallacy.

    Sodomy is already legal, and marriage does not "promote" sodomy. Ask any married man: marriage and sex are not the same thing. In fact, marriage promotes monogamy, which actually reduces the harm caused by sexual activities.
    It's not a fallacy.

    A sanction of marriage is a sanction of sexual activity between the married couple. For same-sex couples, this necessarily means sodomy.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •