Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 390

Thread: United Church of Christ sues over NC ban on same-sex marriage

  1. #91
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    The dangers of the practice in general are minimal. Now if a specific minister acts with objective negligence, then he should be charged accordingly.
    so you say the government can stop gay marriages which hurt no one.....but you won't ban baptism pools that is known to have killed people why?

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Evil is a privation of good. Procreation is the natural good result of sex, therefore contraception is evil.

    I didn't say they weren't.
    That is your opinion not fact. You attributed something being bad simply because it is different. Let me ask you, do you think black people are evil because they are the opposite color of white people?

    When you learn facts, instead of spouting off rhetoric that a 4 year old would, let me know. Let the grown-ups discuss things and you go thump your bible elsewhere.

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Sababa View Post
    so you say the government can stop gay marriages which hurt no one.....but you won't ban baptism pools that is known to have killed people why?
    Gay marriages are harmful to society.

    Cars also are known to kill people, but the individual risk is so minimal that they should not be banned.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    That is your opinion not fact. You attributed something being bad simply because it is different. Let me ask you, do you think black people are evil because they are the opposite color of white people?

    When you learn facts, instead of spouting off rhetoric that a 4 year old would, let me know. Let the grown-ups discuss things and you go thump your bible elsewhere.
    None of what I said was opinion. And no, there's nothing better about light skin color.

  5. #95
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Easter services are not legally recognized in the first place, so the analogy does not hold.



    There's no such thing as invalid Church attendance, so the analogy does not hold.
    Precisely. A same-sex wedding ceremony is not legally recognized in the first place in NC. Therefore there is no such thing as an invalid attendance of such a ceremony.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Precisely. A same-sex wedding ceremony is not legally recognized in the first place in NC. Therefore there is no such thing as an invalid attendance of such a ceremony.
    Marriage is a legal institution, so it can be invalid.

  7. #97
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Gay marriages are harmful to society.

    Cars also are known to kill people, but the individual risk is so minimal that they should not be banned.
    Interesting how no conservative has ever managed to establish a tangible, measurable harm to society caused by same-sex marriage. Even the people hired to defend your side of the argument before the Supreme Court of the United States failed to actually identify such harm.

    Care to try?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #98
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,785

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Paleocon View Post
    Marriage is a legal institution, so it can be invalid.
    If there is no legal marriage certificate signed, it is not a legal institution.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Interesting how no conservative has ever managed to establish a tangible, measurable harm to society caused by same-sex marriage. Even the people hired to defend your side of the argument before the Supreme Court of the United States failed to actually identify such harm.

    Care to try?
    Gay marriage harms the moral fabric of society because it promotes sodomy.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Religious Group Files a Lawsuit Against North Carolina's Gay Marriage Ban

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    If there is no legal marriage certificate signed, it is not a legal institution.
    Marriage is a legal institution.

Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •