Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 311

Thread: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

  1. #31
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch - 8 News NOW

    So like I said in other topics about this developing story, its gone beyond the unpaid fees for gazing on Federal land and turned into a question of whether or not we are going to allow an active insurgency to operate within this country.

    Also, is it more ironic or sad that these folks who claim to want freedom are acting in exactly the manner of an authoritarian?
    Nobody but the police or the owner of a property (and then only on his own property itself) has the right to do traffic stops or set up road blocks. Even the police does not force residents of an area to prove they are from there without a legal basis for such behavior and these armed clowns supporting Bundy have neither the legal right or the legal justification for their actions.
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  2. #32
    Gone

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-16 @ 03:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    8,585

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter King View Post
    Nobody but the police or the owner of a property (and then only on his own property itself) has the right to do traffic stops or set up road blocks. Even the police does not force residents of an area to prove they are from there without a legal basis for such behavior and these armed clowns supporting Bundy have neither the legal right or the legal justification for their actions.
    It would be interesting to see what these people would do if a driver simply drove right through the little road block.
    Would they attempt a forced stop?
    Would they simply stare impotently and be embarrassed?
    What if the driver called 911 and said they felt threatened?

    Stand your Ground anyone?

  3. #33
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Now just imagine a left-wing militia doing this exact thing last decade.
    Or right now.
    FOX would demand all MSM to pick up their ridiculous conspiracies, as the MSM began to do in 2009 .
    Physics is Phun

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In all seriousness, if they stopped me, I would shoot them. I call on all residents so affected in that area to likewise take up arms and respell these 'militia'.
    Uh... I don't think you'd get the chance, or survive the encounter at all, a few armed men surround your car and you opt to draw from probably the worst position possible?

  5. #35
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,029

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    It would be interesting to see what these people would do if a driver simply drove right through the little road block.
    Would they attempt a forced stop?
    Would they simply stare impotently and be embarrassed?
    What if the driver called 911 and said they felt threatened?

    Stand your Ground anyone?
    lock and load, accidents are just waiting to happen with that kind of an attitude. And you are right, what "reaction" will they give to someone who quite rightly ignores these idiots and goes on his merry way?
    Former military man (and now babysitter of Donald Trump) John Kelly, is a big loud lying empty barrel!

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Seen
    06-30-16 @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,309
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In all seriousness, if they stopped me, I would shoot them. I call on all residents so affected in that area to likewise take up arms and respell these 'militia'.
    I would be careful about that. False imprisonment isn't a felony and as such the use of deadly force in resistance or in effecting a citizen's arrest is not justified, of course if they actually point a gun at you then it is justified in self defense (no duty to retreat for a person not engaged in illegal activity), but I would be careful not to be the first to point a gun.

  7. #37
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    Concerns growing about militia members at Bundy ranch - 8 News NOW

    So like I said in other topics about this developing story, its gone beyond the unpaid fees for gazing on Federal land and turned into a question of whether or not we are going to allow an active insurgency to operate within this country.

    Also, is it more ironic or sad that these folks who claim to want freedom are acting in exactly the manner of an authoritarian?
    Insurgency? Who came armed first? Let me guess, you equate this to all pro-gun folks. Just because it uses the term 'militia' doesn't equate a legitimate US militia.

    on your known anti 2nd stance to paint all pro-gun as insurgence.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by MACS-24 View Post
    Insurgency? Who came armed first? Let me guess, you equate this to all pro-gun folks. Just because it uses the term 'militia' doesn't equate a legitimate US militia.

    on your known anti 2nd stance to paint all pro-gun as insurgence.
    What?

  9. #39
    OPO extraordinaire

    MACS-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 10:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,426

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    What?
    That's exactly what I said to this OP
    Quote Originally Posted by jet57 View Post
    If certain gun guys are insulted by that? Good, they should be ashamed: the rest of US are sick and tired of having our intelligence insulted[/i].



  10. #40
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,370

    Re: Militia around Bundy Ranch set up checkpoints, demand papers, control taffic flow

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    All is not well in Militiaville. Oath Keepers Blog Archive Bundy Ranch Advisory for April 29, 2014

    Incidentally the Oathkeepers are officially the militia group affiliated with the Bundy Ranch. Which hasnt pleased other militia groups. Apparently the militia community doesnt like that title so they no call themselves the patriot community.

    "And that is true. And that is why Oath Keepers is being kicked in the teeth by people purporting to be pillars of the patriot community. "


    Also it should be noted that the Bundies/Oathkeepers have named this the "The Bundy Ranch Revolution".

    "This advisory will be an encapsulation of a much larger story with numerous feature or peak points to reveal in coming weeks and months. The Bundy Ranch Revolution against federal land management within the several States is positively huge. My comment to Stewart Rhodes regarding the gravity and significance of the Bundy stand is that it is a watershed moment in Twenty-first Century American history, and I am totally proud of Oath Keepers for jumping in with the Bundy family and their good neighbors."

    They obviously want to make this a big deal and they go as far as calling it a revolution. They think that they are going to setup a military base in Nevada and through that base command a revolution. They believe that Americans will back them and pick up their firearms and rise against the government.

    I find this all very amusing and comical. And the Bundies should be commended for stirring up the nut cases and rounding them up for easy arrests. These militia folk are paranoid freaks (just read the link "possible drone strike"). The oathkeepers believe that they have been infiltrated. SO picture a group of paranoid people who distrust even their fellow soldiers. If the feds show up in force these nuts will be shooting their own first believing that they were infiltrators, but more likely they would all just **** their pants and give up. It really is pathetic seeing these full grown men sitting on top of a hill pretending to be look outs. I mean wtf are they going to to do?
    KOOKFIGHT!!!!

    Plastic patriot oafkeepers. Comedy Gold!
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •