Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 584

Thread: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:212]

  1. #541
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    So, just as I suspected, you have nothing. It's obvious I'm wasting my time here....
    Actually, you're attempting to waste my time which is your whole point... Anything to change the topic, or attack and disparage your political opposition.

  2. #542
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not true PB.....twice I have shown you that Media Matters couldn't figure out what all entails with an Exclusive and the Interviewee.

    Or you can admit.....they just got it wrong.
    Exclusive... does not mean Jack ****


  3. #543
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Ah, so I've missed that post too? You know, the one where you say that O'Keefe lies and distorts? Show me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    LMMFAO... You still cling to that fantasy, even though you can't cite one single example where he edited an ACORN video to make people believe those workers said something they didn't.

    Seriously, how do you square that?
    I can, Rupert Murdoch's NY Post reported it.

    The video that unleashed a firestorm of criticism on the activist group ACORN was a “heavily edited” splice job that only made it appear as though the organization’s workers were advising a pimp and prostitute on how to get a mortgage, sources said yesterday.

    The findings by the Brooklyn DA, following a 5½-month probe into the video, secretly recorded by conservative provocateurs James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles, means that no charges will be filed.

    Many of the seemingly crime-encouraging answers were taken out of context so as to appear more sinister, sources said.

    ACORN set up by vidiots: DA | New York Post

    Oh then, there was the New York Daily News:

    Brooklyn prosecutors on Monday cleared ACORN of criminal wrongdoing after a four-month probe that began when undercover conservative activists filmed workers giving what appeared to be illegal advice on how to hide money.

    While the video by James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles seemed to show three ACORN workers advising a prostitute how to hide ill-gotten gains, the unedited version was not as clear, according to a law enforcement source.

    "They edited the tape to meet their agenda," said the source.

    O'Keefe and Giles - who visited ACORN offices in several cities, including its Brooklyn headquarters - stirred controversy when they posted the videos on their Web site.

    They were hailed as heroes by the likes of Rush Limbaugh and their footage led several government agencies to temporarily cut funding for ACORN as the prosecutors opened an investigation.

    "On Sept. 15, 2009, my office began an investigation into possible criminality on the part of three ACORN employees," Brooklyn District Attorney Charles Hynes said in a one-paragraph statement issued Monday afternoon.

    Read more: B'klyn ACORN cleared over giving illegal advice on how to hide money from prostitution - NY Daily News



  4. #544
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Exclusive... does not mean Jack ****
    It does when they are a Government Official. Basics!

  5. #545
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,343

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    Grim, please cite some examples of how MM distorts. You have not proven one thing.
    I'll give it a shot, however, I am well aware that instantly you will choose to shoot down the source rather than objectively take a look at the example that you asked for....

    Let's take Fast and Furious....MM, whom is Soros backed, and on a tear over individual gun rights, and ownership in America totally omitted, and distorted facts surrounding F+F in the effort to further their gun grabbing position.

    "Here is how Media Matters justifies its construed position:

    “The facts on U.S. guns going to Mexico are straight forward. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) has seized more 10,000 firearms and more then 1.1. million rounds of ammunition headed to the southwest border since 2006. On the Mexican side of the border, 20,504 or 70 percent of the total firearms seized and submitted for tracing in the last two years were from the United States.”

    Presenting facts that are simply not true, FireArmsTruth.com says Media Matters plays “loose and fast with the numbers” noting that their rifle tracing statistics and subsequent commentary is biased because it does not reflect all guns that are submitted for tracing, and completely ignores the ongoing controversy “Fast and Furious” which accuses the Federal government of being involved in covert arms sales to Mexico.

    “[I]f the ATF seize 100 guns, and only submit 17 for tracing and 70 percent of those are from America – the number isn’t 70 percent . . . Another element missing in this reporting is that ATF with Fast and Furious allowed thousands of guns into Mexico. That part of the equation is totally missing, as if it doesn’t matter.”

    Telling tall tales in today’s up to date, alternative news environment is not as easy as it used to be – good! However the sad truth is Media Matters still has great influence on American minds. Exposing their tactics to anyone who will listen is just one important step in our battle to preserve the unique American right to keep and bear arms.

    Media Matters Distorts 'Fast and Furious' Facts | Human Events

    And this is not a singular misleading, or distortion that comes out of MM....They are abashedly partisan, and don't care who knows it.

    In another case MM went after FNC's Martha McCallum for a report she did on leave as an entitlement...MM jumped all over her, and Fox making themselves look downright stupid....

    "For starters, the definition of "entitlement" isn't complex. When a government passes a law requiring an employer to provide something to a worker, said worker is "entitled" to it. What Fox's MacCallum actually states while referring to covered workers is, "they think it's an entitlement, which it is in this case." (My emphasis.) Her phrasing indicates she knew precisely how she was employing the term, as opposed to MM who seeks to turn it into some kind of outlandish statement. Perhaps the White House should ship them a dictionary, if they're going to continue to do their dirty work. They might even become less transparent at it and foolish looking. What it is - in the case where a law mandating it is passed - is indeed an entitlement.



    Without the law, there is nothing preventing an employer from offering sick paid leave, as many employers already do. That allows it to remain a negotiated benefit between employer and employee. By mandating the policy by law, especially down to businesses with as few as five employees, some employers will be forced to cut other employee benefits, as one employer states in the Fox segment - see below.

    What MM also doesn't spell out, forcing one to watch the full segment to learn it, is that some unions are seeking waivers from the policy so they can use it as leverage to extract other benefits for union employees. If it's such a wonderful policy, why would unions seek to skirt it, while non-union workers will be forced to take it at the risk of losing other benefits? The law takes away choices for non-union employees in that sense, but not unionized ones. So much for the Left being pro-choice.

    Naturally, MM trots out only studies from Left or Labor aligned groups to support their attack. You won't find anything like this below, which you'll find at Heritage.org. What MM consistently reveals itself to be is a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party and Obama WH, looking to skew the media narrative in favor of Leftist policies. They don't seem to care at all about any objective truth. Finally, watch the segment for yourself below and decide for yourself. Deciding for yourself seems to be the last thing the Left and MM would ever want you to do."

    Media Matters Distorts Fox Report By Martha MacCallum On Sick Leave Law

    Now, you middleground, nor any rational person would stand for this type of reporting/sourcing be acceptable in any debate coming from those of us on the right side of the isle, why do you defend distortions coming from the left?

    If you are going to use or support sourcing like MM to base your conclusions on and form your arguments then you can not bitch about anything the right throws at you using our own questionable outlets...Not without looking completely foolish that is....
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #546
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'll give it a shot, however, I am well aware that instantly you will choose to shoot down the source rather than objectively take a look at the example that you asked for....

    Let's take Fast and Furious....MM, whom is Soros backed, and on a tear over individual gun rights, and ownership in America totally omitted, and distorted facts surrounding F+F in the effort to further their gun grabbing position.

    "Here is how Media Matters justifies its construed position:

    “The facts on U.S. guns going to Mexico are straight forward. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) has seized more 10,000 firearms and more then 1.1. million rounds of ammunition headed to the southwest border since 2006. On the Mexican side of the border, 20,504 or 70 percent of the total firearms seized and submitted for tracing in the last two years were from the United States.”

    Presenting facts that are simply not true, FireArmsTruth.com says Media Matters plays “loose and fast with the numbers” noting that their rifle tracing statistics and subsequent commentary is biased because it does not reflect all guns that are submitted for tracing, and completely ignores the ongoing controversy “Fast and Furious” which accuses the Federal government of being involved in covert arms sales to Mexico.

    “[I]f the ATF seize 100 guns, and only submit 17 for tracing and 70 percent of those are from America – the number isn’t 70 percent . . . Another element missing in this reporting is that ATF with Fast and Furious allowed thousands of guns into Mexico. That part of the equation is totally missing, as if it doesn’t matter.”

    Telling tall tales in today’s up to date, alternative news environment is not as easy as it used to be – good! However the sad truth is Media Matters still has great influence on American minds. Exposing their tactics to anyone who will listen is just one important step in our battle to preserve the unique American right to keep and bear arms.

    Media Matters Distorts 'Fast and Furious' Facts | Human Events
    This example of yours never shows a link to the actual Media Matters post. Which is here: Fox Hosts NRA's LaPierre To Push Gun Trafficking Myth | Blog | Media Matters for America Please notice all the links in the story to make their case.

    This is a giant


  7. #547
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    I can, Rupert Murdoch's NY Post reported it.
    Wow! "secretly recorded by conservative provocateurs", "they were hailed as heroes by the likes of Rush Limbaugh"

    After almost five months the judge decided "That investigation is now concluded and no criminality has been found."

    It seems that the advice given by ACORN is not a criminal act. This seems satisfactory to ACORN supporters.

  8. #548
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post

    And this is not a singular misleading, or distortion that comes out of MM....They are abashedly partisan, and don't care who knows it.

    In another case MM went after FNC's Martha McCallum for a report she did on leave as an entitlement...MM jumped all over her, and Fox making themselves look downright stupid....

    "For starters, the definition of "entitlement" isn't complex. When a government passes a law requiring an employer to provide something to a worker, said worker is "entitled" to it. What Fox's MacCallum actually states while referring to covered workers is, "they think it's an entitlement, which it is in this case." (My emphasis.) Her phrasing indicates she knew precisely how she was employing the term, as opposed to MM who seeks to turn it into some kind of outlandish statement. Perhaps the White House should ship them a dictionary, if they're going to continue to do their dirty work. They might even become less transparent at it and foolish looking. What it is - in the case where a law mandating it is passed - is indeed an entitlement.



    Without the law, there is nothing preventing an employer from offering sick paid leave, as many employers already do. That allows it to remain a negotiated benefit between employer and employee. By mandating the policy by law, especially down to businesses with as few as five employees, some employers will be forced to cut other employee benefits, as one employer states in the Fox segment - see below.

    What MM also doesn't spell out, forcing one to watch the full segment to learn it, is that some unions are seeking waivers from the policy so they can use it as leverage to extract other benefits for union employees. If it's such a wonderful policy, why would unions seek to skirt it, while non-union workers will be forced to take it at the risk of losing other benefits? The law takes away choices for non-union employees in that sense, but not unionized ones. So much for the Left being pro-choice.

    Naturally, MM trots out only studies from Left or Labor aligned groups to support their attack. You won't find anything like this below, which you'll find at Heritage.org. What MM consistently reveals itself to be is a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party and Obama WH, looking to skew the media narrative in favor of Leftist policies. They don't seem to care at all about any objective truth. Finally, watch the segment for yourself below and decide for yourself. Deciding for yourself seems to be the last thing the Left and MM would ever want you to do."

    Media Matters Distorts Fox Report By Martha MacCallum On Sick Leave Law

    Now, you middleground, nor any rational person would stand for this type of reporting/sourcing be acceptable in any debate coming from those of us on the right side of the isle, why do you defend distortions coming from the left?

    If you are going to use or support sourcing like MM to base your conclusions on and form your arguments then you can not bitch about anything the right throws at you using our own questionable outlets...Not without looking completely foolish that is....
    There is nothing wrong with Media Matters' report:

    Fox "Straight News": Paid Sick Leave Is An "Entitlement" | Blog | Media Matters for America

    In another installment of Fox's ongoing series bemoaning the purported job-killing effect of regulations,America's Newsroom anchor Martha MacCallum called a new Seattle ordinance requiring paid sick leave for employees another "entitlement" that could put small businesses "under water."

    Fox spent last week promoting GOP talking points on regulation, obscuring the myriad public health benefits from the conversation. In this case, paid sick leave for employees -- particularly in the food service industry, where access to such leave is the least accessible -- has obvious public health benefits.

    A 2008 study [PDF] by Human Impact Partners, an Oakland, California, nonprofit organization, found significant benefits from a similar law proposed for the state of California:

    Paid sick days would enable more people to comply with public health advice such as the CDC's recommendation to "stay home from work, school, and errands when you are sick." This will help to control seasonal influenza ("the flu") and the large-scale spread of a new influenza strain (flu pandemic).

    •More than a third of flu cases are transmitted in schools and workplaces.
    •Staying at home when infected could reduce the number of people impacted by pandemic influenza by 15%-34%.

    In an interview with the San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco director of occupational and environmental health Dr. Rajiv Bhatia, who contributed to the Human Impact Partners report, emphasized the need for paid sick leave in the interest of public health:

    "It's important for policymakers to see paid sick days not only as a labor policy but as a public health policy," said Bhatia. "One-third of seasonal flu is transmitted in schools and workplaces. Workers without sick days are less likely to stay home and more likely to contribute to the spread of the flu."
    Not only was the segment part of Fox's decidedly anti-regulation series "Regulation Nation," but neither MacCallum nor reporter Dan Springer made much mention of the success of a similar requirement in San Francisco.

    Despite MacCallum's claim that the study will cost jobs and put small businesses "under water," The Urban Institute conducted a survey of businesses in San Francisco that concluded [PDF] that the effect of paid sick leave requirements were "minimal to moderate:"

    By and large, most employers were able to implement the paid sick leave ordinance with minimal to moderate effects on their overall business and their bottom line.


  9. #549
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,140
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I'll give it a shot, however, I am well aware that instantly you will choose to shoot down the source rather than objectively take a look at the example that you asked for....

    Let's take Fast and Furious....MM, whom is Soros backed, and on a tear over individual gun rights, and ownership in America totally omitted, and distorted facts surrounding F+F in the effort to further their gun grabbing position.

    "Here is how Media Matters justifies its construed position:

    “The facts on U.S. guns going to Mexico are straight forward. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ (ATF) has seized more 10,000 firearms and more then 1.1. million rounds of ammunition headed to the southwest border since 2006. On the Mexican side of the border, 20,504 or 70 percent of the total firearms seized and submitted for tracing in the last two years were from the United States.”

    Presenting facts that are simply not true, FireArmsTruth.com says Media Matters plays “loose and fast with the numbers” noting that their rifle tracing statistics and subsequent commentary is biased because it does not reflect all guns that are submitted for tracing, and completely ignores the ongoing controversy “Fast and Furious” which accuses the Federal government of being involved in covert arms sales to Mexico.

    “[I]f the ATF seize 100 guns, and only submit 17 for tracing and 70 percent of those are from America – the number isn’t 70 percent . . . Another element missing in this reporting is that ATF with Fast and Furious allowed thousands of guns into Mexico. That part of the equation is totally missing, as if it doesn’t matter.”

    Telling tall tales in today’s up to date, alternative news environment is not as easy as it used to be – good! However the sad truth is Media Matters still has great influence on American minds. Exposing their tactics to anyone who will listen is just one important step in our battle to preserve the unique American right to keep and bear arms.

    Media Matters Distorts 'Fast and Furious' Facts | Human Events

    And this is not a singular misleading, or distortion that comes out of MM....They are abashedly partisan, and don't care who knows it.

    In another case MM went after FNC's Martha McCallum for a report she did on leave as an entitlement...MM jumped all over her, and Fox making themselves look downright stupid....

    "For starters, the definition of "entitlement" isn't complex. When a government passes a law requiring an employer to provide something to a worker, said worker is "entitled" to it. What Fox's MacCallum actually states while referring to covered workers is, "they think it's an entitlement, which it is in this case." (My emphasis.) Her phrasing indicates she knew precisely how she was employing the term, as opposed to MM who seeks to turn it into some kind of outlandish statement. Perhaps the White House should ship them a dictionary, if they're going to continue to do their dirty work. They might even become less transparent at it and foolish looking. What it is - in the case where a law mandating it is passed - is indeed an entitlement.



    Without the law, there is nothing preventing an employer from offering sick paid leave, as many employers already do. That allows it to remain a negotiated benefit between employer and employee. By mandating the policy by law, especially down to businesses with as few as five employees, some employers will be forced to cut other employee benefits, as one employer states in the Fox segment - see below.

    What MM also doesn't spell out, forcing one to watch the full segment to learn it, is that some unions are seeking waivers from the policy so they can use it as leverage to extract other benefits for union employees. If it's such a wonderful policy, why would unions seek to skirt it, while non-union workers will be forced to take it at the risk of losing other benefits? The law takes away choices for non-union employees in that sense, but not unionized ones. So much for the Left being pro-choice.

    Naturally, MM trots out only studies from Left or Labor aligned groups to support their attack. You won't find anything like this below, which you'll find at Heritage.org. What MM consistently reveals itself to be is a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party and Obama WH, looking to skew the media narrative in favor of Leftist policies. They don't seem to care at all about any objective truth. Finally, watch the segment for yourself below and decide for yourself. Deciding for yourself seems to be the last thing the Left and MM would ever want you to do."

    Media Matters Distorts Fox Report By Martha MacCallum On Sick Leave Law

    Now, you middleground, nor any rational person would stand for this type of reporting/sourcing be acceptable in any debate coming from those of us on the right side of the isle, why do you defend distortions coming from the left?

    If you are going to use or support sourcing like MM to base your conclusions on and form your arguments then you can not bitch about anything the right throws at you using our own questionable outlets...Not without looking completely foolish that is....
    After the last round of "Prove Media Matters lies Grim" I actually saved about a dozen links so that when it came up again, I wouldn't have to waste my time searching for the proof that they will ultimately ignore anyway. I chose not to post them for MG because I know from experience he's just playing games and no amount of proof in the world will mean a damned thing to him.

    Here's a couple of examples to add to yours:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...post1062841196

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...lenn-beck.html

    And here's a 2 for 1 where they falsely attack Sarah Palin:

    Media Matters Lies About Media Coverage of Sarah Palin North Korea Slip

    btw, I have plenty more but I don't want to waste them all because as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, another liberal will ask me to prove Media Matters is full of crap.

  10. #550
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    After the last round of "Prove Media Matters lies Grim" I actually saved about a dozen links so that when it came up again, I wouldn't have to waste my time searching for the proof that they will ultimately ignore anyway. I chose not to post them for MG because I know from experience he's just playing games and no amount of proof in the world will mean a damned thing to him.

    Here's a couple of examples to add to yours:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...post1062841196

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/bias-m...lenn-beck.html

    And here's a 2 for 1 where they falsely attack Sarah Palin:

    Media Matters Lies About Media Coverage of Sarah Palin North Korea Slip

    btw, I have plenty more but I don't want to waste them all because as sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, another liberal will ask me to prove Media Matters is full of crap.
    First of all, J-mac's examples aren't examples at all. Second, you can't simply point to a thread or post and say they lied.


Page 55 of 59 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •