Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 584

Thread: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:212]

  1. #321
    Professor
    7forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    You're making conclusions that just are not in the evidence. A drone wasn't on the scene until after the attacks began, and you're asserting the WH and others knew WHY the terrorists attacked the embassy well before they even knew WHO was behind the attacks. How could they know the motivations of people not yet identified? I don't really think anyone can say right now WHY they attacked the outposts. We now know, and weren't supposed to learn, that these were CIA spook sites, staffed by CIA personnel doing classified activities. Were those activities the motivation - we don't know because we don't know what they were doing - it was secret enough that Petraeus avoided the public ceremony of his own dead agents to keep the CIA connection unclear.

    But somehow the fact that the unknown attackers who attacked for still unknown to me reasons was politically spun for a few DAYS is supposed to be a scandal that's lived for 18 months. I really don't get it.
    They (government officials) went on TV and claimed a stupid youtube video caused the attack in Benghazi. They were protecting their phony President. No evidence existed to come to such stupid conclusions.

  2. #322
    Sage
    Fenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,313

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The CIA was responsible for security and Stevens himself turned down offers of additional men because of that. The CIA failed and somehow that is a plot? When have they not failed lately? Bush giving out those "Medals of Failure" and raises to the losers for failing to stop 911 have poisoned it. That embarrassment, Petreus was also involved, need I say more?
    "DUDE, Bush was Like 5 Years Ago"...

    One things apparent, that before the attack was even finished, Clinton started the false narrative about a Internet video with a press release.

    More concerned about her political future than the truth. More concerned about her Political future than the people who were being attacked

  3. #323
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,138
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by 7forever View Post
    They (government officials) went on TV and claimed a stupid youtube video caused the attack in Benghazi. They were protecting their phony President. No evidence existed to come to such stupid conclusions.
    It goes beyond that even... Clinton knew on day 1 this was a terrorist attack:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ist-group.html

  4. #324
    Professor
    7forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Again, I'd like to point out that only 1/2 of the issue is the attack and the lack of preparation / negligence of duty to defend the attack.

    The other, perhaps even larger issue, is the misdirection, proffering up various quickly debunked memes from the president and his administration in defense of the reelection campaign, as well as the clear violation of the Hatch Act, where campaign leaders prepped Rice to deliver the politically motivated memes in defense of the reelection campaign, in essence, politically motivated lying to the nation.
    To me, it's about posting links that support your view. Mine is that they blamed it on the video. I read that the video was referenced many times by Arab publications. This may be where the U.S. got the excuse from. I found this blog pretty thorough. Surprises in the Benghazi E-Mails | Foreign Policy Blogs

  5. #325
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,918
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by 7forever View Post
    To me, it's about posting links that support your view. Mine is that they blamed it on the video. I read that the video was referenced many times by Arab publications. This may be where the U.S. got the excuse from. I found this blog pretty thorough. Surprises in the Benghazi E-Mails | Foreign Policy Blogs
    I have, earlier in this thread. There was even an image of the email posted as well, with the addressees clearly visible, demonstrating the mixing of administration and campaign personnel, clearly a Hatch Act violation.

    The repeated lying by the administration in the form of misdirection blame memes is already a mater of public record.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  6. #326
    Professor
    7forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    07-27-17 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    It goes beyond that even... Clinton knew on day 1 this was a terrorist attack:

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...ist-group.html
    I heard Graham or someone else asked Hillary if she knew requests for protection were made, and she denied being aware of that? If that's true, that's another huge pile of incompetence and most likely a lie.
    Last edited by 7forever; 05-03-14 at 02:27 PM.

  7. #327
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,473

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    This goes well beyond "conniving", and not all politicians are like Barry Obama. There are many with honor.

    With the WH trying to keep everything a secret it is hard to know what went on but there is already enough to know that these 4 Americans died alone, though help was available, and that the WH lied.


    The thinking that there should not be an investigation at all seems counter productive.

    Your point is well made, no one knows what's there not only because the White has been covering up, failing to co-operate a la Watergate/Nixon but has openly lied on several points. That alone should be reason enough to take a look.

    The issue is not the four deaths per ce, nor the CIA's reputation, which is so solid to begin with, but the integrity of government. The president has been caught lying on Obamacare, on foreign policy and here, an idiot story that the international press exposed a week before it surfaced in the US.

    If you can't trust their word on those things, then what can you trust them on. Based on his serial lies, what world leader can trust him? Ever wonder why the "national community" ran the other way on Syria?

    Might it be they were the same "international community" that backed his Libya attack and got smeared by this? Do you not think that the leaders of France, Italy, Greece and Canada aren't taking some flack for being part of what now looks to be an arms deal?

    Fine, Obama can hide from an investigation to protect his personal reputation, but what is it doing for the country?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  8. #328
    Left the building
    Fearandloathing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada Dual citizen
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,473

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
    White House: GOP fabricated leaked Benghazi email | TheHill
    It's sad when elected officials fabricate stories for political gain.
    What is sad is that the most eager defender of the lies and corruption continues to introduce straw man arguments, Bert Lahr has risen!

    First we're on about riots and"demonstrations" neither of which have anything to do with this file OTHER THAN the Obama administration manufactured the story to cover up something. The we have a whole hay wagon load with some idiocy about a demonstration in CAIRO several months before as somehow exonerating the Carney, Obama and Clinton cabal from their deliberate falsehoods.

    Now we have something about the White House alleging some other emails have been "doctored" as somehow proof that there should never be any investigation into anything Obama has even done, despite the fact he is the "Lying President' with honey wagons loaded to the brim.

    One, you have to stay on topic to be respected.

    Two you have to site CREDIBLE sources and Obama, Clinton, Carney, Kerry, Pelosi, Ried and the entire Democratic caucus does not, in any way qualify.

    So what are you doing here?
    ""You know, when we sell to other countries, even if they're allies -- you never know about an ally. An ally can turn."
    Donald Trump, 11/23/17

  9. #329
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,550
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    How could they have had "full and complete knowledge" less than a week after the attack, before any investigation?

    And I really am not sure what the right wing is trying to prove here. If it's that WH officials coordinated talking points early after an incident and 'spun' those talking points in a way favorable to the administration, then goodness, that's only happened..... after nearly every major event, for all of time in any administration in any country, ever. Politicians playing politics! Whoocoodanode???!!!!

    Sure, it's legitimate to call them out on their bullcrap, but goodness, that's just NOT a YEARS long controversy.
    We the people should never let our elected leaders off the hook for something this serious and this dishonest just because time has passed. To do so gives them that much more incentive to lie in the first place and then refuse to relinquish any evidence for awhile so that when it does surface their adoring lapdogs will shrug and say, "Oh that's old news. The opposition is just digging it up to smear our hero. . .yadda yadda."

    Now testimony by Gen. Carter Ham, head of AFRICOM at the time of attack, before the House Committee on Armed Services in June 2013 suggests that Defense officials did not raise the prospect of an out-of-control demonstration and immediately deemed the incident an attack.

    Ham, whose partially redacted transcript was declassified by the House on Monday, said at the 2013 hearing that he was alerted to the incident 15 minutes after it erupted at 9:42 p.m. Libya Time (3:42 p.m. EST) on Sep. 11, 2012. . . . .

    . . . . He describes how as soon as AFRICOM learned of the attack, the command control repositioned a drone to the consulate to gather intelligence on the ground movements. The unmanned, unarmed surveillance aircraft was ordered to be diverted to the Benghazi site at 9:59 p.m. Libya Time, 17 minutes after the attack.

    According to the timeline, at 10:32 p.m. Libya Time, Ham briefed then Defense Secretary Leon Panetta and Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, before they traveled to the White House for a pre-scheduled meeting with Obama, during which they briefed Obama on the situation.

    Read more: Pentagon labeled Benghazi a terrorist attack as Obama administration wavered: newly declassified testimony - NY Daily News
    Sr
    So the administration sends Susan Rice out to five different television stories KNOWING she is telling a flat out lie and as much as a week later Obama was still repeating the same lie.

    And Hillary Clinton's official initial statement even though she had to have been in on the initial briefings. If she chose not to attend those briefings or to be briefed on them, she should have been fired on the spot.

    Clinton made the Obama administration's first official comment on the attack six hours after it commenced and while it was continuing.
    The statement was headlined "Statement on the attack on Benghazi" and it contained this graph:
    "Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind."

    To be followed much later in her Senate testimony that will almost surely--or should--come back to haunt her if she does run for President:

    "We had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or because of guys out for a walk one night and decided to go kill some Americans? At this point what difference does it make, Senator?" Clinton said at a tense Senate hearing in January 2013.

    What difference does it make? How much are the adoring worshippers of Obama and all he stands for willing to be lied to, manipulated, fooled, and hoodwinked by those who don't want those worshippers to know the truth about much of anything and who urge those worshippers to ridicule, object to, denigrate, and accuse any who demand truth.

    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  10. #330
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,882
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    The CIA was responsible for security and Stevens himself turned down offers of additional men because of that. The CIA failed and somehow that is a plot? When have they not failed lately? Bush giving out those "Medals of Failure" and raises to the losers for failing to stop 911 have poisoned it. That embarrassment, Petreus was also involved, need I say more?
    CIA is never responsible for the security of any Ambassador, Embassy or Consulate. That is the role of the Department of State's Bureau of Diplomatic Security.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 33 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •