Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 584

Thread: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:212]

  1. #291
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,286

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The reason Nixon quit was because he knew if he was impeached, he would likely not have the Republican votes in the Senate to save his ass.
    Stay tuned. This is worse than watergate. Americans don't care for liars.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #292
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Stay tuned. This is worse than watergate. Americans don't care for liars.
    Unfortunately, I don't think it will... That's because we have a media that has proved they will go to great lengths to protect this president, so there won't be the feeding frenzy like there was with Watergate.

  3. #293
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,908
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Of course traces of WMD were found, we helped supply them during the Reagan presidency.

    The truth is that Bush could have used the War Powers Act to attack Iraq. But what he did instead was to make politically hard for the Democrats to vote against, so he and his administration spend the fall of 2002 scaring the public. Being politicians they voted for the resolution. That resolution, BTW, required Bush to find a peaceful solution by having UN inspectors search for WMD. The UN inspectors were in the country but required some more time which Bush of course denied.

    Now you say President Obama lied because there was and election coming. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THAT. NONE!!!! Face it man, this story is a ratings bonanza for Fox, that's all it is.
    Obama has a track record of lying when politically convenient. That's without a shadow of doubt.

    It is known to the administration that within hours after the start of the attack on the Libyan embassy that it was a coordinated terrorist attack, yet what are the talking points prepared by the reelection campaign leaders to administration personnel (Rice) (that's be a felony violation of the Hatch Act BTW)?

    Start the Internet video meme. Once that fell apart, the next unlikely meme was proffered. All the while the administration had knowledge that it wasn't any of these memes, but an organized terrorist attack.

    I don't see how you can consider this as the administration being truthful.
    I don't see how you can consider this as anything but misleading the nation to protect the reelection campaign.
    I don't see how you can consider this as anything but lying when politically convenient, which is this president's and this administration's track record.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  4. #294
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,908
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The lies are coming from the Fox News Channel, they're the ones promoting this crap. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves using the death of four dead men for political gain. What sick bastards.
    Still dodging the entire knowingly misdirecting of the entire nation by this administration all for protecting the reelection campaign. Sacrifice the truth over politically expediency. Yeah, what sick bastards.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    LMMFAO, I don't think you realize that this is a ratings booster for the "fair and balanced" Fox News channel.

    Fox Gets The Special Benghazi Committee It Demanded | Blog | Media Matters for America
    If it is a 'ratings booster' it only demonstrates that many good Americans want to discover what happened before, during and after Benghazi and feel they have a right to know. You obviously feel otherwise and want to brush it aside and cover it up.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    The lies are coming from the Fox News Channel,
    Which lies are they?

  7. #297
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,811

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Mistakes aren't the issue. I think there have been enough policy failures in the ME for both parties. It's the cover up in and lying to the American people and the families of the victims because you valued an easier re-election more than them that's the issue.
    As far as I can tell, the "coverup" is of the motives, still unknown, of the terrorists who attacked U.S. interests, and this so-called 'coverup' lasted a few DAYS.

    A comparable 'scandal' could be generated over why we were attacked on 9/11/2001. Bush said, "America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world." Well, that's total horse manure. We were targeted because of our decades long meddling in the affairs of sovereign countries, including siting U.S. military bases and 10s of thousands of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia. The attacks were in retaliation for identifiable acts by the U.S.

    So is this scandalous? Why not - it's a bigger lie, repeated for YEARS. In some ways the lies were scandalous, but we didn't hold hearings about who crafted those talking points. We all understood that was 'normal' politics of war. What mattered most was terrorists attacked and killed thousands of Americans - the motives of these people attacking the U.S. was secondary at best.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    As far as I can tell, the "coverup" is of the motives, still unknown, of the terrorists who attacked U.S. interests, and this so-called 'coverup' lasted a few DAYS.

    A comparable 'scandal' could be generated over why we were attacked on 9/11/2001. Bush said, "America was targeted for attack because we're the brightest beacon for freedom and opportunity in the world." Well, that's total horse manure. We were targeted because of our decades long meddling in the affairs of sovereign countries, including siting U.S. military bases and 10s of thousands of U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia. The attacks were in retaliation for identifiable acts by the U.S.
    It's been well documented that Americans were attacked. What interests many Americans is why the White House lied to them and who was responsible. Was Obama giving the orders? Clinton? Or the press agents?

  9. #299
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,811

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Stay tuned. This is worse than watergate. Americans don't care for liars.
    Anyone who compares this to Watergate reveals themselves to be a hopeless partisan, or knows really nothing about the Watergate scandal and can't take 10 minutes to look it up.

    If you want to compare Benghazi to Watergate, the crime must be whatever the CIA was doing in those outposts - something we still don't really know - and the various descriptions of motive efforts to hide those crimes. But that's not what you right wingers focus on. Have there been ANY hearings demanding to know what we were doing there, calling St. David to the stand, threatening him with contempt unless he explains what his guys were doing that got our ambassador killed? No. All we know is we weren't attacked over a video (supposedly), but no one seems to give a damn the real reason why. Heck, all Obama had to do, apparently, was just call this random terrorism and he'd have been fine. We're used to swallowing that BS without a second thought....

    That's why the fact the right wing ignores Petraeus is so telling. If there is a scandal, it's in what we were doing. But the guy directing what we were doing there, the DCI, doesn't get even a nod from you guys.

  10. #300
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,811

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    It's been well documented that Americans were attacked. What interests many Americans is why the White House lied to them and who was responsible. Was Obama giving the orders? Clinton? Or the press agents?
    Giving what orders? The military response? Since when do we expect Sec. of State and/or POTUS to meddle into how our trained military responds to battles as those battles are taking place? THAT would be a scandal, IMO. It's why we have a Sec. Def, JCOS, command centers, chains of command, staffed by some of the best in their fields in world history.

    And you just ignored the example of the OTHER 9/11. Do you care why you were lied to by Bush? Or do you actually believe we are targeted for terrorist attacks because of our freedoms?

Page 30 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •