Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 584

Thread: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:212]

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    It's not the Obama administration that's twisted...
    Oh no not at all .....that's why 61% of the Country believes he will lie on any important issue, and truthfully we weren't counting all the Obamabots.

  2. #272
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    Depends on your perspective and your political leanings, how much Obama Kool Aid you drink, how few probing questions you ask, and how much critical thinking you use.

    I don't see presidential bold faced lies in front of the entire world when the truth was already known by the president and the administration as being anything but tortured and twisted.

    By what value system do you judge that to be acceptable?
    By what value system do you judge that to be desirable in a presidential leader?
    .

    By what value system do you judge a president that lies us into a war that resulted in the deaths of more than 4500 of our troops and life altering injuries to tens of thousands more?

  3. #273
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,895
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    .

    By what value system do you judge a president that lies us into a war that resulted in the deaths of more than 4500 of our troops and life altering injuries to tens of thousands more?
    I dispute the premise. If you recall, the post 9/11 congress, who should be a balance to the executive branch, agreed by a majority that Afghanistan and Iraq military engagements. I have the Democratic leader's quotes, if you like.

    You may also recall that it was far from just the president and his administration that contributed the intelligence information that supported the main reason for invading Iraq, which was suspected WMDs. The Yellow cake may have been a misreading of intelligence gathered, or may have been something else. That, obviously, was faux pas.

    In the ensuing occupation of Iraq, traces of WMDs were found (I have a link to the Wired article as well as the WikiLeaks inforation), so those weapons were in Iraq at one time, possibly moved over to Syria which may have used on protesters / rebels by Assad.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

  4. #274
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,115

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I wasn't here during the Bush years, but I have a hard time believing that the 10-15 attacks on our embassies got the same scrutiny, or the thousands of dead soldiers because of our misguided Iraq and Afghanistan policies, or the in general decades of mucking around in the ME, deposing leaders we don't like, propping up those we do, which has created all this blowback. I read this stuff on Benghazi and it appears like the only mistakes we've made in the ME were by Hillary, Rice and Obama.
    Mistakes aren't the issue. I think there have been enough policy failures in the ME for both parties. It's the cover up in and lying to the American people and the families of the victims because you valued an easier re-election more than them that's the issue.

  5. #275
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I dispute the premise. If you recall, the post 9/11 congress, who should be a balance to the executive branch, agreed by a majority that Afghanistan and Iraq military engagements. I have the Democratic leader's quotes, if you like.

    You may also recall that it was far from just the president and his administration that contributed the intelligence information that supported the main reason for invading Iraq, which was suspected WMDs. The Yellow cake may have been a misreading of intelligence gathered, or may have been something else. That, obviously, was faux pas.

    In the ensuing occupation of Iraq, traces of WMDs were found (I have a link to the Wired article as well as the WikiLeaks inforation), so those weapons were in Iraq at one time, possibly moved over to Syria which may have used on protesters / rebels by Assad.
    That's just Pete going into his default "change the topic to Bush/republicans" mode, because he can't handle, nor accept, that the Obama Administration has once again been caught lying and/or deceiving the American people.

  6. #276
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    At least two New Benghzi threads, running back-to-back on SPY.
    The desperation is oozing from the far-right as they see their election dreams slipping away .
    Why the **** is it that whenever something like this is going around, both sides claim the other is desperate.

    What the ****?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  7. #277
    Battle Ready
    Grim17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southwestern U.S.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,137
    Blog Entries
    20

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    Why the **** is it that whenever something like this is going around, both sides claim the other is desperate.

    What the ****?
    I don't think this has sank in to most on the left yet... They are still running around believing that this is all a right wing conspiracy and there is no evidence of a cover up by Administration...

    Give them time, because eventually they will be forced to deal with reality and come to term with the fact that the Obama administration has once again been caught lying and /or deceiving the American public.

  8. #278
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim17 View Post
    I don't think this has sank in to most on the left yet... They are still running around believing that this is all a right wing conspiracy and there is no evidence of a cover up by Administration...

    Give them time, because eventually they will be forced to deal with reality and come to term with the fact that the Obama administration has once again been caught lying and /or deceiving the American public.
    ARG.

    Do you have any clue how much irony your statement just provided?

    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #279
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I dispute the premise. If you recall, the post 9/11 congress, who should be a balance to the executive branch, agreed by a majority that Afghanistan and Iraq military engagements. I have the Democratic leader's quotes, if you like.

    You may also recall that it was far from just the president and his administration that contributed the intelligence information that supported the main reason for invading Iraq, which was suspected WMDs. The Yellow cake may have been a misreading of intelligence gathered, or may have been something else. That, obviously, was faux pas.

    In the ensuing occupation of Iraq, traces of WMDs were found (I have a link to the Wired article as well as the WikiLeaks inforation), so those weapons were in Iraq at one time, possibly moved over to Syria which may have used on protesters / rebels by Assad.
    Excellent post, and accurate! I have also offered to provide pages of impassioned speeches by Democrat leaders on why we should invade Iraq, including Kerry and Hillary, but so far not a single Dem on DP has asked to see them! Ironic, but totally understandable - how can they castigate Bush when they gave him the authority to do what they asked him to do? Weaseling and squirming after the fact makes them look foolish, when the facts show the truth. Hey that's life sometimes!

    Greetings, Erik.

  10. #280
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:

    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I dispute the premise. If you recall, the post 9/11 congress, who should be a balance to the executive branch, agreed by a majority that Afghanistan and Iraq military engagements. I have the Democratic leader's quotes, if you like.

    You may also recall that it was far from just the president and his administration that contributed the intelligence information that supported the main reason for invading Iraq, which was suspected WMDs. The Yellow cake may have been a misreading of intelligence gathered, or may have been something else. That, obviously, was faux pas.

    In the ensuing occupation of Iraq, traces of WMDs were found (I have a link to the Wired article as well as the WikiLeaks inforation), so those weapons were in Iraq at one time, possibly moved over to Syria which may have used on protesters / rebels by Assad.
    Of course traces of WMD were found, we helped supply them during the Reagan presidency.

    The truth is that Bush could have used the War Powers Act to attack Iraq. But what he did instead was to make politically hard for the Democrats to vote against, so he and his administration spend the fall of 2002 scaring the public. Being politicians they voted for the resolution. That resolution, BTW, required Bush to find a peaceful solution by having UN inspectors search for WMD. The UN inspectors were in the country but required some more time which Bush of course denied.

    Now you say President Obama lied because there was and election coming. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THAT. NONE!!!! Face it man, this story is a ratings bonanza for Fox, that's all it is.

Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •