Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 584

Thread: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video [W:212]

  1. #131
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by tecoyah View Post
    Yes...that argument is stupid. Almost as stupid as making assumptions and placing words into the mouths of others.
    Glad we both agree your argument is stupid. That's a nice non-sequiter you got there. Are you trying to say I've made assumptions and placed words into your mouth? It might be easier to understand you if you didn't write so passively. Perhaps if you were a bit more clear, straight, and honest with your thoughts people wouldn't have to make what you consider "assumptions" in your arguments. I percieve your utilization of passive and indirect statements as purposefully leaving your meaning vague. By doing so, you force people to make at least a small assumption of your meaning and you can always jump in and criticize them for simply trying to understand you as best as they can. If your goal is to have your arguments ignored by people who might care to understand or engage you in debate, that is a surefire way to do it.
    Last edited by CycloneWanderer; 05-01-14 at 10:46 AM.

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,807

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You asked for quotes from the email and I gave them to you. Are there any you feel are incorrect or are sources rather than content more important to you.

    Everyone knew. or should have known, that it was never about a video. There are dozens of videos on the internet that cast Muslims in a bad light.That the left actually believed it says a lot about the respect the WH has for their Democrat supporters, knowing that they'll believe anything they're told. The left apparently has no shame.
    First, if there is a quote in the emails for her to hide what was known, it's a simple matter to cut and paste it. I missed that quote.

    And the reason I'm asking you to tell me, today, 18 months later why they attacked that consulate on that day is because you can't KNOW what was NOT the reason until you know the reason. And you can't or won't tell me why they attacked that location on that day, or how long it was planned. You know it wasn't the video, even though other protests in the region were in response to the video, and BBC interviewed a local at the consulate who said it was the video. But it wasn't - everyone KNEW this before any investigation. So SCANDAL!! because goodness knows when you are speculating about the motives of unknown terrorists for their latest attack, you had damn sure better speculate accurately!

    One other thing - there have been hundreds or thousands of terrorists attacks, many against U.S. interests or involving Americans. I don't generally give a shate why they attacked us - if it wasn't a video, it was what the CIA was doing. If not that, a general hatred of the West, or maybe retaliation for some real or imagined slight somewhere else in the world. Why in the hell THAT reason is central to any kind of analysis of the attack 18 months later is a mystery. We've had dozens of attacks on our facilities - can you name the reason why for ANY of them - pick any one?

  3. #133
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Just as previously thought, and expressed by ANYONE with eyes, and ears....
    The most damning thing about this story is that this particular email was provided to congress a long time ago as part of the investigation discovery. The reason that we are only hearing about it today is that WH council redacted all the passages in the email about Benghazi spin control before send it to congress.

    That is, quite literally, a cover up.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    21,807

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Are you kidding here Jasper? What is disgusting about this event? How about, the FACT that the administration/State Dept. knew that other embassies, and consulates had been attacked, like the Brits, and they pulled out? How about, the repeated requests, no, pleas for increased security that went unheeded, or flat out denied? How about, the misguided policy of using locals for security forces in possibly the most dangerous 'hot spot' in the world at the time, and because the administration wanted to campaign on a policy of "OBL dead, and GM alive" meme that is utter Bull! Just look at the downright ability to lie right to the face of a grieving family without missing a beat all over a campaign.....That takes some serious sociopathic ability...Yet, you come in here and still defend the lie as if it were told enough, if you just continue to repeat it, then all will be true...That to me is a break from reality.
    I wasn't here during the Bush years, but I have a hard time believing that the 10-15 attacks on our embassies got the same scrutiny, or the thousands of dead soldiers because of our misguided Iraq and Afghanistan policies, or the in general decades of mucking around in the ME, deposing leaders we don't like, propping up those we do, which has created all this blowback. I read this stuff on Benghazi and it appears like the only mistakes we've made in the ME were by Hillary, Rice and Obama.

    Even on the security thing - you're aware that the Ambassador turned down extra security offered by the military? We don't know why, but it was offered. And of course in hindsight the security was poorly handled, because there was an attack and people died, including the ambassador, who for some reason traveled to an insecure location on 9/11 without additional backup. All you've done is look at the conclusion, and without any actual knowledge of the decision making by dozens of officials at CIA, State, and the military, observed the failure and then concluded that this failure is somehow uniquely "disgusting" among the hundreds/thousands of other failures leading to deaths of U.S. military or civilians on that region.

  5. #135
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    The same place everyone else got it, via a court order from the White House after Judicial Watch sued for them under FOI.
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/wp-cont...14.pdf#page=14
    Oh, you shouldn't have told her. Let her continue with her knownothingness.

  6. #136
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Time to dust off the Hatch Act.

  7. #137
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SW Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,265

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    Not all liberals are obtuse.
    Certainly not, but it seems most are mightily trying.

  8. #138
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,690

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I wasn't here during the Bush years, but I have a hard time believing that the 10-15 attacks on our embassies got the same scrutiny, or the thousands of dead soldiers because of our misguided Iraq and Afghanistan policies, or the in general decades of mucking around in the ME, deposing leaders we don't like, propping up those we do, which has created all this blowback. I read this stuff on Benghazi and it appears like the only mistakes we've made in the ME were by Hillary, Rice and Obama.

    Even on the security thing - you're aware that the Ambassador turned down extra security offered by the military? We don't know why, but it was offered. And of course in hindsight the security was poorly handled, because there was an attack and people died, including the ambassador, who for some reason traveled to an insecure location on 9/11 without additional backup. All you've done is look at the conclusion, and without any actual knowledge of the decision making by dozens of officials at CIA, State, and the military, observed the failure and then concluded that this failure is somehow uniquely "disgusting" among the hundreds/thousands of other failures leading to deaths of U.S. military or civilians on that region.
    Stevens declined the offer by Gen. Ham of a detachment because the State Department was still dithering on the request. Accepting the General's offer while State was still deciding would have been seen as bypassing the Secretaries office on a request. Hindsight being 20/20 it seems strange that Stevens would turn down the offer, but at the time Stevens was simply abiding by the State Department process.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  9. #139
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by JasperL View Post
    I wasn't here during the Bush years, but I have a hard time believing that the 10-15 attacks on our embassies got the same scrutiny, or the thousands of dead soldiers because of our misguided Iraq and Afghanistan policies, or the in general decades of mucking around in the ME, deposing leaders we don't like, propping up those we do, which has created all this blowback. I read this stuff on Benghazi and it appears like the only mistakes we've made in the ME were by Hillary, Rice and Obama.

    Trying to conflate this to include US interests in the greater ME over decades is an obfuscation, and deflection of the facts concerning THIS event...Muddying the water will not help you here.

    Even on the security thing - you're aware that the Ambassador turned down extra security offered by the military? We don't know why, but it was offered. And of course in hindsight the security was poorly handled, because there was an attack and people died, including the ambassador, who for some reason traveled to an insecure location on 9/11 without additional backup. All you've done is look at the conclusion, and without any actual knowledge of the decision making by dozens of officials at CIA, State, and the military, observed the failure and then concluded that this failure is somehow uniquely "disgusting" among the hundreds/thousands of other failures leading to deaths of U.S. military or civilians on that region.
    jmotivator has addressed this.
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #140
    Sage


    eohrnberger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,895
    Blog Entries
    11

    Re: Benghazi emails suggest White House aide involved in prepping Rice for ‘video’ ex

    Quote Originally Posted by Carleen View Post
    The findings found no link to the WH, but those who want that will keep trying, but the majority have moved on.
    Quote Originally Posted by eohrnberger View Post
    I guess you must enjoy being lied to by your president and his administration. I'm puzzled why you feel that this is acceptable. Care to shed any light on that?
    Crickets.
    the Fix-is-in Bureau of Investigation

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •