Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 566

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA[W:545]

  1. #411
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Everybody better start being careful what they say in private.

    The Nazi thought police are in full force, enforcing political correctness of thought and private conversation...

  2. #412
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Maybe so, but not over this.

    I don't know what they should have dropped him over in the past though. Are you referring to the time he settled in court because it was cheaper than a pesky lawsuit, and the time the courts said a former manager didn't have a case?

    If that all you have, you ain't got diddly...
    How Donald Sterling Tried To Blot Out His History Of Racism By Giving To Charity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  3. #413
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    This is insane.

    Looks like I will now boycott the NBA for revoking a person's first amendment rights in what is assumed to be a private conversation.
    HIs first amendment is still intact....the government is not involved.

    I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks this guy should be punished over this is an absolute fool.
    Why?

    Yes, I am asking for moderator punishment, but seriously... This has to be said...
    i don't understand....why do you think you, whose opinion is in the minority, are right and everyone wrong.

    This was racial. Not racist. Anyone over reacting to this should be ignored as a fool.
    Again, everyone else almost on the planet thinks it is racist. Again special knowledge have you?

  4. #414
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Everybody better start being careful what they say in private.

    The Nazi thought police are in full force, enforcing political correctness of thought and private conversation...
    Yes if you are one of the 29 owners of an NBA franchise realize your private conversations with your mistress might be leaked if she is angry with you and you could lose your team. Everyone else...not sure how the actions of the NBA apply.

  5. #415
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Oh give me a break.

    You're going to believe the Huff~n~Puff post?

    From what links I looked at, it's the same old BS that never gained real traction of fact.

    People try to sue rich people all the time for the settlement.... When a rich person settles, it isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. It's just cheaper and less time consuming than court.

  6. #416
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Seen
    01-15-15 @ 03:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,578

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Jango View Post
    Re Jackson: during an interview leading up to the 2008 Presidential Election, Jackson called Obama the n-word off camera, which he later apologized for.
    Well that was a convoluted story but I am sure he said the N-word and guess what? He has become most irrelevant in the last 6 years. Funny it happened on Fox.

  7. #417
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Oh give me a break.

    You're going to believe the Huff~n~Puff post?

    From what links I looked at, it's the same old BS that never gained real traction of fact.

    People try to sue rich people all the time for the settlement.... When a rich person settles, it isn't necessarily an admission of guilt. It's just cheaper and less time consuming than court.
    Bull****... the guy got caught and bought his way out. He also threw tons of money at the NAACP. The lifetime achievement award was bought and paid for...

    Look the lawsuits over Sterling's racist practices in real estate are a matter of public record. He has paid millions to settle lawsuits to this end in the past. Hardly partisan hackery. It public and verifiable.

    Donald Sterling Racist History: A List Of Incidents - Business Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #418
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Bull****... the guy got caught and bought his way out. He also threw tons of money at the NAACP. The lifetime achievement award was bought and paid for...

    Look the lawsuits over Sterling's racist practices in real estate are a matter of public record. He has paid millions to settle lawsuits to this end in the past. Hardly partisan hackery. It public and verifiable.

    Donald Sterling Racist History: A List Of Incidents - Business Insider
    Wow...

    You are so easily hood-winked by the media and race baiters...

    I would like to see tangible evidence, not innuendo.

  9. #419
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    Wow...

    You are so easily hood-winked by the media and race baiters...

    I would like to see tangible evidence, not innuendo.
    Yes a lawsuit is rather intangible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  10. #420
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,219

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Yes a lawsuit is rather intangible.
    One settled and one that never made it to court because the courts voted 12-0 that it wasn't a case, right?

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •