Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 566

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA[W:545]

  1. #391
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by tacomancer View Post
    Welcome to society. News got sensationalized with the advent of CNN and now we ended up with trash like Fox News and MSNBC.

    Pretty white girls tend to make the news when they go missing, but ugly dudes? It's pretty rare.

    People tend to just generally suck when it comes to this stuff
    Which is why I can't stand our media.

  2. #392
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    I still have yet to see anyone explain why Sterling is banned from any NBA facility and yet Spike Lee is welcomed by the NBA at Knicks games and frequently interviewed on the NBA network and other on air sites.

    Is it simply that black racists in America are a protected class?
    Spike Lee isn't costing the League nearly as much as Sterling was. Because of Sterling owners will not associate with him, sponsor were pulling from the Clippers, players were actively boycotting and allegedly almost did not play in the games last night.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  3. #393
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Fans, maybe not.

    Players, definitely.
    I suggest to you there's a bit of grandstanding going on there. An opportunity to show unity if you will. But at the end of the day, do you really believe that this has a real negative impact on the relationship of the NBA to its players? Judging from the reaction I have seen, the players are rallying behind Silver big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  4. #394
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    No, I got your point, and if you paid attention you might of noticed I was talking about you in the last line.
    Clearly you missed it entirely. Back to class you go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #395
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Which is why I can't stand our media.
    The media is just serving a market. Modern media has gotten good at tugging our heart strings and we are all animals at heart with animal responses to stimuli.

    I wish people weren't so easily manipulated personally. But human nature is what it is

  6. #396
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,906

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I suggest to you there's a bit of grandstanding going on there. An opportunity to show unity if you will. But at the end of the day, do you really believe that this has a real negative impact on the relationship of the NBA to its players? Judging from the reaction I have seen, the players are rallying behind Silver big time.
    If Silver hadn't gone down heavy, he was facing a full-on mutiny.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #397
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Spike Lee isn't costing the League nearly as much as Sterling was. Because of Sterling owners will not associate with him, sponsor were pulling from the Clippers, players were actively boycotting and allegedly almost did not play in the games last night.
    So what? Did the NBA say they banned and fined Sterling because he was costing them money? No, the banned and fined him because he said some racist things in the privacy of his home and when people heard them, through the media, some got on their high horse of outrage and "brought whitey down".

    If the ban/fine is related to racial bigotry, then Spike Lee should be stopped at the door of Madison Square Gardens and every other NBA facility any time he tries to enter to watch a game.

    As for the rest, I'm sure the NBA has fines and penalties for players who refuse to report and if sponsors wish to remove themselves from association, others will readily take their place.

    This is the equivalent of a town square lynching or a Salem witch burning.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #398
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,299

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Well, from my perspective, it's simply media ginned up fake outrage and nobody in the media has the balls to take on black racists for fear of having their facilities burned down. I.
    It's fair to question why black racism is more acceptable than white racism. Barkley's comments are an example. I suspect there are many factors that play into this including the media. But some of this is cultural as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Fans, maybe not.

    Players, definitely.
    I'm convinced that most of those idiots don't understand property rights unless it's their property.

    Of course, the idiotic owners already gave their property essentially to the league, so it's not like Sterling ever really owned the team to begin with.

  10. #400
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    It's fair to question why black racism is more acceptable than white racism. Barkley's comments are an example. I suspect there are many factors that play into this including the media. But some of this is cultural as well.
    I don't disagree - but if the NBA wants to play the purity card, banning for life all who have racist thoughts, they better get the lawyers working overtime and Silver better polish up his news conference wardrobe because he should be out in front banning a whole slew of racists associated with his league.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •