Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 566

Thread: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA[W:545]

  1. #21
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,232

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    WOW!!!!!!!

    im surprised at the severity because i read LOTS of speculations and since the NBA constitution is private it was all rumor and leak stuff. But a lot of guesses were 1 million dollar fine and a year suspension.

    SO a life time suspension and 2.5 million dollars is surprising based on the previous rumors but at the same time not totally shocked. I thought it was going to be something hardcore and its merited.

    Not suspending him for life and trying to force him out really would hurt that franchise s long as he owned it and the NBA.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Genetically human & human being is exactly the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    homosexuality is objectively wrong, but because science tells me it is, not politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by calamity View Post
    I'm not at risk for AIDS. Gays are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajn678 View Post
    there is no such thing as an abortion on a dead fetus.

  2. #22
    Professor
    herenow1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    12-11-15 @ 10:07 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,686

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    I can understand the banning, but why the fine? The guy's messed up in his head, but he didn't cause physical harm or defame anybody.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,731

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    When the advertisers started lining up to defect from the NBA, I knew the ax would be swift and complete.

    The NBA gets very poor TV ratings already. Advertisers wouldn't think twice about jumping ship. They have the NBA by the short hairs.

    This decision was entirely about money.

  4. #24
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    62,198

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You wonder why right-wingers obsess so much over some old guy being called racist.
    No, I don't wonder. I know exactly why they're obsessed about it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I don't have any issue with any investigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #25
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    He is 80 something isnt he? I htink he can just appoint someone to run the team and still profit from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!

    im surprised at the severity because i read LOTS of speculations and since the NBA constitution is private it was all rumor and leak stuff. But a lot of guesses were 1 million dollar fine and a year suspension.

    SO a life time suspension and 2.5 million dollars is surprising based on the previous rumors but at the same time not totally shocked. I thought it was going to be something hardcore and its merited.

    Not suspending him for life and trying to force him out really would hurt that franchise s long as he owned it and the NBA.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #26
    Sage
    jmotivator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    18,242

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    He must still be allowed to own the team otherwise how could they fine him $2.5 million?

    How many rich billionaire boyfriends do you suppose this girl has in her future now? I'm guessing zero. She is rich guy poison now.
    Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he stops voting for the Free Fish party.

  7. #27
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    24,284

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    I took it to mean "we are a league densely populated by blacks."
    Look, I like Barkley. He's a funny man. But it is not the first time he's said **** like this. He should get slapped for stupidity like the rest of us.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Larry Johnson, on the other hand, needs to get his ass punished too.
    Da hammer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
    Trump doesn't hold a candle to Obama when it comes to lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  8. #28
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    27,414

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    When the advertisers started lining up to defect from the NBA, I knew the ax would be swift and complete.

    The NBA gets very poor TV ratings already. Advertisers wouldn't think twice about jumping ship. They have the NBA by the short hairs.

    This decision was entirely about money.
    Money is a legitimate concern, but it's not nearly the only concern.
    A message to both the Left and the Right. Ari Ne'eman-"People with disabilities deserve better than to be used as props in the countrys ongoing and so far stalemated arguments over gun control." https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...-obama-liberty

  9. #29
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    She is just not very good looking either.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmotivator View Post
    He must still be allowed to own the team otherwise how could they fine him $2.5 million?

    How many rich billionaire boyfriends do you suppose this girl has in her future now? I'm guessing zero. She is rich guy poison now.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,731

    Re: Clippers Owner Donald Sterling Fined $2.5M and Banned for Life by NBA

    The question remaining.....what will Sterling do now?

    You know he knows where the bodies are buried on multiple fronts. He could fight this, and basically overrun the remainder of the playoffs with 24/7 talk about this decision.

    This may just be the beginning of the NBA's troubles with this.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •