Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

  1. #1
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    A teen's father gave a South Korean TV network footage from his dead son's cell phone. Another video showing the captain fleeing has sparked outrage.



    The rat jumps ship...

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

    Wow this guy's life isn't worth living.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  2. #2
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post


    The rat jumps ship...

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

    Wow this guy's life isn't worth living.
    Not good. I'm sure he'll get what he deserves. The Koreans don't mess around.
    Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, don't blame someone else, or expect others to make a change, you should stop complaining and make a different choice. Remember, the circumstances of your birth don't determine the outcome of your life.

  3. #3
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,156

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post


    The rat jumps ship...

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

    Wow this guy's life isn't worth living.
    OMFG. Someone needs to give him a sword to fall on. He's toast.

  4. #4
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,296

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Talk about getting caught with your pants down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #5
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,973

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    First it was the costa Concordia captain, and now this guy whose job as captian is to protect the pasengers
    "If you can't stand the way this place is, Take yourself to higher places!"
    Break, By Three days grace

    Hilliary Clinton/Tim Kaine 2016

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,613
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    This catastrophe is heartbreaking. The descriptions coming out of hundreds of kids, all with lifejackets, being told to stay where they were and not move... then dutifully doing as they were told, even as they died.

    It seriously makes me want to kill someone. There were 50 rescue ships there within minutes. If those kids had made it to the deck when they had the chance and gotten into the water, every one of them could have been save. Every damned one. Makes me want to scream and sob at the same time.

  7. #7
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post


    The rat jumps ship...

    CNN.com - Breaking News, U.S., World, Weather, Entertainment & Video News

    Wow this guy's life isn't worth living.
    I'm a little confused, clearly whoever is getting this image is on the safer boat that the captain is trying to board, I see only one other person on the listing ship, so does that not make him one of the last off the ship? I mean maybe there are other pics, but this one alone only says he wasn't fully dressed when the emergency began. Additionally, if the photog of this image is on the safe boat, then how can it be from a dead child's phone? Wouldn't that indicate that the child made it to the safer boat, and therefore didn't die? Or did two boats go down? It's all gotten a bit confused what actually was going on. Seems everyone is ready to fall on their swords, the PM, the captain, but I'm not really understanding why such extreme vitriol against people regarding this accident.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  8. #8
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I'm a little confused, clearly whoever is getting this image is on the safer boat that the captain is trying to board, I see only one other person on the listing ship, so does that not make him one of the last off the ship? I mean maybe there are other pics, but this one alone only says he wasn't fully dressed when the emergency began. Additionally, if the photog of this image is on the safe boat, then how can it be from a dead child's phone? Wouldn't that indicate that the child made it to the safer boat, and therefore didn't die? Or did two boats go down? It's all gotten a bit confused what actually was going on. Seems everyone is ready to fall on their swords, the PM, the captain, but I'm not really understanding why such extreme vitriol against people regarding this accident.
    I think the reference to the recovered footage was to the scenes in the CNN clip of inside the ship with the announcement to stay where you are. CNN strung together a bunch of different sources for the video in the link. Could be wrong, maybe the kid went into the water after that.

  9. #9
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    should he have stayed and killed himself instead so people would be happier?
    مثلي مثلك

  10. #10
    Guru
    the_recruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,178

    Re: 'What's the captain doing?' As ferry lists, he flees in underwear

    Quote Originally Posted by Summerwind View Post
    I'm a little confused, clearly whoever is getting this image is on the safer boat that the captain is trying to board, I see only one other person on the listing ship, so does that not make him one of the last off the ship? I mean maybe there are other pics, but this one alone only says he wasn't fully dressed when the emergency began. Additionally, if the photog of this image is on the safe boat, then how can it be from a dead child's phone? Wouldn't that indicate that the child made it to the safer boat, and therefore didn't die? Or did two boats go down? It's all gotten a bit confused what actually was going on. Seems everyone is ready to fall on their swords, the PM, the captain, but I'm not really understanding why such extreme vitriol against people regarding this accident.
    The footage from the dead boy's cell phone shows passengers panicking below deck. The footage of the captain getting off the boat came from a different camera held by rescuers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •