Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46

Thread: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

  1. #1
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    A North Carolina woman died behind the wheel just moments after posting a Facebook message and hitting a truck head-on.

    Read more here: Woman in North Carolina killed while driving and texting*about being 'happy' - NY Daily News




    I could say a lot of things but I'll just say that at least the lady died happy and no one else died in this collision.

  2. #2
    Resident Martian ;)
    PirateMk1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    9,922

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A North Carolina woman died behind the wheel just moments after posting a Facebook message and hitting a truck head-on.

    Read more here: Woman in North Carolina killed while driving and texting*about being 'happy' - NY Daily News




    I could say a lot of things but I'll just say that at least the lady died happy and no one else died in this collision.
    Yeah but the poor bastard in the truck has got a stain on his record and has to deal with the fallout.
    Semper Fidelis, Semper Liber.
    I spit at lots of people through my computer screen. Not only does it "teach them a lesson" but it keeps the screen clean and shiny.
    Stolen fair and square from the Capt. Courtesey himself.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A North Carolina woman died behind the wheel just moments after posting a Facebook message and hitting a truck head-on.

    Read more here: Woman in North Carolina killed while driving and texting*about being 'happy' - NY Daily News




    I could say a lot of things but I'll just say that at least the lady died happy and no one else died in this collision.
    Hey, she died happy! Who could ask for more than that?

    Maybe having contributed to natural selection and the improvement of the human genome made her even happier.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #4
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMk1 View Post
    Yeah but the poor bastard in the truck has got a stain on his record and has to deal with the fallout.
    I would venture to guess the mental anguish of killing another human in an accident will be significant. Even if it is not your fault. That's a hell of a thing to see and be a part of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  5. #5
    He's the most tip top
    Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,279

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Hey, she died happy! Who could ask for more than that?

    Maybe having contributed to natural selection and the improvement of the human genome made her even happier.
    Yeah she gets a Darwin...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    You have no empirical evidence backing up your false assertion. You are simply conjecturing based on a whim...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Or maybe "We now understand why women provoke men into hitting them".
    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    . Losing insurance does not mean losing healthcare. .

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Last Seen
    06-19-14 @ 11:55 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,471

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A North Carolina woman died behind the wheel just moments after posting a Facebook message and hitting a truck head-on.

    Read more here: Woman in North Carolina killed while driving and texting*about being 'happy' - NY Daily News




    I could say a lot of things but I'll just say that at least the lady died happy and no one else died in this collision.
    But she could have KILLED many more.

    Being That I am a former Truck driver I am going to tell you ALL something right now!!

    IF you knew how many people on the INTERSTATES where texting and driving at 70+ miles an hour i doubt you would use those roads again.

    ask yourself this HAVE YOU EVER DONE IT? EVER USED your phone for anything while driving?

    I assure you it is an epidemic and is worse then drinking and driving ever was!!!!

  7. #7
    User HolyBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    04-23-15 @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    37

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Glad she did not kill anyone else with her reckless behavior. It's sad for the family, but I can't muster up much sympathy for her. If you drive like an idiot, be prepared to die like one.

    This need to always be technologically on is a frightening thing. Here's a woman who died to update her status, because she just could not wait to let everyone know how "happy" she was. It's some kind of sickness.

  8. #8
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,034

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    A North Carolina woman died behind the wheel just moments after posting a Facebook message and hitting a truck head-on.

    Read more here: Woman in North Carolina killed while driving and texting*about being 'happy' - NY Daily News




    I could say a lot of things but I'll just say that at least the lady died happy and no one else died in this collision.
    Wow, now that is a very disturbing story. My heart goes out to the man in the truck that she hit. His life will never be the same.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by votemout View Post
    But she could have KILLED many more.

    Being That I am a former Truck driver I am going to tell you ALL something right now!!

    IF you knew how many people on the INTERSTATES where texting and driving at 70+ miles an hour i doubt you would use those roads again.

    ask yourself this HAVE YOU EVER DONE IT? EVER USED your phone for anything while driving?

    I assure you it is an epidemic and is worse then drinking and driving ever was!!!!
    True dat. I see it every day as well, in fact, me and my wife will now only proceed through an intersection when the light turns green ONLY when we look both ways to make sure people are either stopped or slowing down. My biggest fear these days is people running a red light or a stop sign because they have their collective head up their ass.


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  10. #10
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Woman in North Carolina Killed While Driving and Texting About being 'Happy'

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    True dat. I see it every day as well, in fact, me and my wife will now only proceed through an intersection when the light turns green ONLY when we look both ways to make sure people are either stopped or slowing down. My biggest fear these days is people running a red light or a stop sign because they have their collective head up their ass.


    Tim-
    It happened yesterday morning. Not only was there a stop sign, but a cross walk complete with pedestrian in the middle of the street. I know, as I was the pedestrian. I watched the idiot approach at a high speed, which people often do, but instead of slamming on the brakes at the last minute as so many drivers are wont to do, he sailed right past me.

    Had I been able to follow him, I'd gladly have let the air out of his tires.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •