Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ....therefore, when working at the same job, with the same skills and training.....women should not be guaranteed the same rate of pay.
    Where they ARE doing identical work they should be PAID identical. Where they are NOT...they shouldnt be. IF you can point to two lumberjacks, both carrying the same workload with the same amount of experience and the same amount of time on that particular job having a pay disparity...raise the ****ing roof and I will be right there with you. When you cling to statistical anomalies and compilations to prove your point...you fail. Miserably.

  2. #62
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    "Cause" is relative to ideation and political bent. And neither side has the market cornered on that front. Both do it. This is just AN example of it.
    Excellent and spot on.

  3. #63
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,726

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    ....therefore, when working at the same job, with the same skills and training.....women should not be guaranteed the same rate of pay.
    Who said that? And who says women aren't already getting the same rate of pay when all of their criteria is equal to a male counterpart?

    There is no law needed here.

  4. #64
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Even this article posted on a far left website agrees with the state senator:

    The sexes, taken as a group, are somewhat different.Women, far more than men, appear to be drawn to jobs in the caring professions; and men are more likely to turn up in people-free zones. In the pursuit of happiness, men and women appear to take different paths.

    But here is the mystery. These and other differences in employment preferences and work-family choices have been widely studied in recent years and are now documented in a mountain of solid empirical research. By now the President and his staff must be aware that the wage gap statistic has been demolished.
    In its 2007 Behind the Pay Gap report, the AAUW admits that most of the gap in earnings is explained by choices.
    It does not account for differences in occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week. When all these relevant factors are taken into consideration, the wage gap narrows to about five cents. And no one knows if the five cents is a result of discrimination or some other subtle, hard-to-measure difference between male and female workers.
    No, Women Don

  5. #65
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    In that NYT article, it was shown that women in the same position earn the same as men, the difference is that more women occupy lower level positions, skewing the "average" nominal income levels.

    I know this because I commented in that article.
    That was the point I was making. Either he is a scumbag and treats women poorly or there is a reason for that disparity. THATS the point. The congressman that was cited (incorrectly cited in the OP BTW) took his numbers from The BofL&S. Guess what. Those facts are real as well.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Where they ARE doing identical work they should be PAID identical. Where they are NOT...they shouldnt be.
    And I have posted the legislation that SAYS exactly that, yet you are defending a GOP NH House member that opposes it with arguments USING DATA THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO THE LEGISLATION.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #67
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,119

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That was the point I was making. Either he is a scumbag and treats women poorly or there is a reason for that disparity. THATS the point. The congressman that was cited (incorrectly cited in the OP BTW) took his numbers from The BofL&S. Guess what. Those facts are real as well.
    He's not one of our Congressmen, he's a state Senator. Our Congresscritters (2 moronic women) wouldn't know what the BLS was if they were led there by their noses.

    And yes, he was absolutely cited incorrectly. But that won't stop the partisans from being partisan.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That was the point I was making. Either he is a scumbag and treats women poorly or there is a reason for that disparity. THATS the point. The congressman that was cited (incorrectly cited in the OP BTW) took his numbers from The BofL&S. Guess what. Those facts are real as well.
    But his argument is BS, he is making an nominal argument, not a rate of pay argument to OPPOSE equal pay for equal work.

    The WH is not discriminating based on gender, they pay women the same for the same work.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #69
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,662

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    And I have posted the legislation that SAYS exactly that, yet you are defending a GOP NH House member that opposes it with arguments USING DATA THAT DOES NOT APPLY TO THE LEGISLATION.
    I oppose legislation forcing private businesses to do anything other than pay their taxes. Its a great principle to apply to government agencies. NOT private businesses.

    I am neither defending nor condemning the congressman...merely pointing out his ACTUAL words. If I cite your words but take them out of context or leave out inconvenient words, you would probably have a problem with that...right?

  10. #70
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    He's not one of our Congressmen, he's a state Senator. Our Congresscritters (2 moronic women) wouldn't know what the BLS was if they were led there by their noses.

    And yes, he was absolutely cited incorrectly. But that won't stop the partisans from being partisan.
    He is not a state senator, he is a state house member....from your own state.

    Can't you get anything straight?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •