Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-26-14 @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,032

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Men don't mind working night's and weekends? Overtime? But Women do.
    That's not what he is saying and you're putting words in his mouth.

    There is a lot more pressure on men to make more money than it is on women to make a lot of money. Societal pressure that is. Whether you think this is a good thing or not, it's not important but there is this pressure on men from women and other men. And such, men are more motivated to make money.
    What is is the stereotype that women look for in men? Money and a sense of humor.

    What's the stereotype that men look for in women? Youth and beauty.
    Stereotypes exist for a reason and hence, the pressure.

    There is no drama here or no story here. It's just you trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill.

  2. #12
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    OMFG, I just looked at HuffPo. Their headline:

    GOP Lawmaker Says Women Don't Deserve Equal Pay Because They're Lazier

    Anyone who doesn't think this partisan nonsense and liberal rephrasing of what people say isn't out of control needs a smack in the head.

    He never said women don't deserve equal pay, and he never said women are lazy.

  3. #13
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Also, you have posted this twice.
    He's more motivated.

  4. #14
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't ever work weekends or nights, and I rarely work more than I have to. The extra money isn't as important to me as my free time. My husband very often does. He would rather make more money.

    So in my case, as a citizen of the state he lives in, it's true. Is it true in every case? Not at all. But all he did was give his opinion, and it was hardly a terrible comment he made in the grand scheme of terrible things lawmakers say.
    Mind boggling that you see his comments as no biggie, however not surprising. This bonehead must not know any RN's
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  5. #15
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman05 View Post
    That's not what he is saying and you're putting words in his mouth.

    There is a lot more pressure on men to make more money than it is on women to make a lot of money. Societal pressure that is. Whether you think this is a good thing or not, it's not important but there is this pressure on men from women and other men. And such, men are more motivated to make money.
    What is is the stereotype that women look for in men? Money and a sense of humor.

    What's the stereotype that men look for in women? Youth and beauty.
    Stereotypes exist for a reason and hence, the pressure.

    There is no drama here or no story here. It's just you trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill.
    In fairness to that poster, it's not just him making a mountain out of an ant hill. Everything from Think Progress to HuffPo to the MSM are making the same disingenous comments. Unbelievable.

  6. #16
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    He's more motivated.
    ...by money?

  7. #17
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Mind boggling that you see his comments as no biggie, however not surprising. This bonehead must not know any RN's
    Yes, I'm sure he never goes to the doctor. We don't have them yet in NH. We still have the veterinarians treating us here.

  8. #18
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Yes, I'm sure he never goes to the doctor. We don't have them yet in NH. We still have the veterinarians treating us here.
    Women aren't as motivated as Men, m 'kay, carry on then.
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

  9. #19
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryChinaski View Post
    Women aren't as motivated as Men, m 'kay, carry on then.
    ...by money. If you're going to attempt to put words into my mouth, you may want to be more honest than the media types and use the man's exact quote which doesn't bother me in the least. Something they are all failing to do.

  10. #20
    Guru
    HenryChinaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chitown
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    This is backwards thinking
    "Men, by and large, make more because of some of the things they do," he said. "Their jobs are, by and large, riskier. They don’t mind working nights and weekends. They don’t mind working overtime or outdoors."
    Can't see that?
    Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he can sit in a boat, drinking beer all day while you fool around with his Woman.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •