Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #171
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And more specifically, the evidence that it's happening all the time here in NH, which is where this story is based. I looked all around and can't find any evidence except that men make more money on average then women across the entire country. Which proves nothing, because it doesn't say "at the same job".
    Where I work, there are women who make more than men with all criteria equal.

  2. #172
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And more specifically, the evidence that it's happening all the time here in NH, which is where this story is based. I looked all around and can't find any evidence except that men make more money on average then women across the entire country. Which proves nothing, because it doesn't say "at the same job".
    And not only the same job, everything has to be equal to compare, experience, performance, education, etc., otherwise it's apples to oranges, can't compare.

  3. #173
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Where I work, there are women who make more than men with all criteria equal.
    I live in NH, and posted a few pages back that a few years ago I worked in an NH-based company a few years where we had 2 EVPs, one male and one female. They did the same work, had the same reponsibilities, but the female EVP made MORE than the male in spite of being at the company 3 years less.

    I make more money than my husband even though he works harder and longer than I do.

    You can find just as many examples in NH of women getting paid more than men as you would men getting paid more than women at the same job.

  4. #174
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I live in NH, and posted a few pages back that a few years ago I worked in an NH-based company a few years where we had 2 EVPs, one male and one female. They did the same work, had the same reponsibilities, but the female EVP made MORE than the male in spite of being at the company 3 years less.

    I make more money than my husband even though he works harder and longer than I do.

    You can find just as many examples in NH of women getting paid more than men as you would men getting paid more than women at the same job.
    That's exactly correct. I have no idea who thought up this whole 'women get paid a lower rate than men' schtick, and I really can't believe that there are so many stupid people who buy into it.

  5. #175
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    That's exactly correct. I have no idea who thought up this whole 'women get paid a lower rate than men' schtick, and I really can't believe that there are so many stupid people who buy into it.
    It makes for good political theater apparently.

  6. #176
    Educator Soupnazi630's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-08-14 @ 09:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    855

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    The left needs to obfuscate the truth about the "gender wage gap" to appease incredibly stupid women. Anyone with a shred of research ability knows that the myth is dispelled, but it's a huge talking point for liberals. They need the myth to perpetuate.

    They do the same thing with African-Americans.
    If you ask anyone on the left , especially a feminist where one can find a company or business which pays more to a man than to a woman based on gender you get no response.

    The basic starting wage or salary for any two people with equivelant backgrounds is the same in nearly every profession and occupation. If I and a woman with identical background and credentials start work anywhere we willget paid the same. Give it some time and one of us will probably make more than the other based on any number of factors which we decide on as individuals.

    The one glaring exception I am aware of is pornagraphy , women get paid a lot more than men do when they start working as a pornagraphic performer.

    bridge-the-wage-gap.jpg

  7. #177
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    I'll admit to not being up on my pornography. Do the women get paid more than the men?

  8. #178
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    The basic starting wage or salary for any two people with equivelant backgrounds is the same in nearly every profession and occupation. If I and a woman with identical background and credentials start work anywhere we willget paid the same. Give it some time and one of us will probably make more than the other based on any number of factors which we decide on as individuals.
    Exactly.

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Soupnazi630 View Post
    If you ask anyone on the left , especially a feminist where one can find a company or business which pays more to a man than to a woman based on gender you get no response.

    The basic starting wage or salary for any two people with equivelant backgrounds is the same in nearly every profession and occupation. If I and a woman with identical background and credentials start work anywhere we willget paid the same. Give it some time and one of us will probably make more than the other based on any number of factors which we decide on as individuals.

    The one glaring exception I am aware of is pornagraphy , women get paid a lot more than men do when they start working as a pornagraphic performer.

    bridge-the-wage-gap.jpg
    I hear ya.

    The truth is that it doesn't exist, and in some cases it should. Would I hire a woman in her 20s, recently married and looking to start a family? Nope. The reasons should be obvious. If I did, I would expect to pay her less. I wouldn't hire a woman in her 30s with multiple school-aged children either - not for the same pay, at least. Why? Once again, the reasons should be obvious.

    The studies I've read show that, once they reach menopausal age, the wage gap is practically non-existent.

  10. #180
    Guru
    The Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,733

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I'll admit to not being up on my pornography. Do the women get paid more than the men?
    Oh my god, many times more.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •