Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #131
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't care what he said. He's not my rep. But I do like him. Especially now that I know the left is obsessing over him.

    I live in NH. I'm a woman. I make more than my husband.
    I did not ask who you like or your income relative to your husband.

    I asked:

    Is your opinion that women should not be paid equally for equal work?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #132
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I did not ask who you like or your income relative to your husband.

    I asked:

    Is your opinion that women should not be paid equally for equal work?
    No, I think work should be based on performance. I make more than my husband and work less than he does so to me income isn't an issue in this wonderful state.

    Must be a slow news day if people in the southwest are obsessing about a low level lawmaker in a little state in the northeast.

  3. #133
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Basically, You know it's true and lack of evidence will not change your mind.
    I am not so entrenched in denial to think that NH is an outlier from the rest of the US

    You probably still beleive (sic) the 77 cent statistic that the democrats use in support of this bill. Shrug.
    You can play with all the straw you care to. It will destroy your argument, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #134
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Laurie Sanborn is awesome. She & her husband Andy are friends of ours. Laurie had a very successful career as an HR executive here in NH and now they own a restaurant, also here in NH. She's forgotten more about employment in NH than you'll ever know, considering you don't even live here.
    I just noticed, that's not even the article I cited:

    State House Memo: Equal Pay Law works in New Hampshire but we can make it clearer | Concord Monitor

    This one was written by ANDY SANBORNm, who also is a republican in NH.

  5. #135
    Sage
    Slyfox696's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    7,984

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    2=2+4 is a fact, but it is irreverent to the debate.
    Agreed, but there are people in here arguing that 2+2=/=4. That's what I'm discussing.

    Um, you were stating that he is a Senator, in fact he is a Rep in the state house.
    My mistake, he is just a rep. All the more reason to wonder why people care.

    So you DO care.AGAIN,
    No, I don't care. State lawmakers say stupid things all the time. But I was already here so I commented. You took issue with the fact what he said is true (even if he said it poorly) so now I care about what you said.

    If I were you I would stop anyway since your standing, a least with me, is in serious decline with your chosen line of argument.
    With all due respect, I'm not really that concerned about my standing with anyone. It's just a forum.

    You are not.....AND....you are ignoring there invalidity...AND his motivation.
    Yes, I told you I'm ignoring his position. That's the point.

    As I said, one can discuss the planks without passing judgment on the platform. That's what I'm doing here.

    If you want to join in his position, to fight AGAINST equal pay, then continue. It is NOT reflecting well.
    I'm doing no such thing, and I've said multiple times now I'm not commenting on his platform. What's not reflecting well is the fact you don't seem to understand this very basic concept.

    For many women, who are head of households, who are poor, this is not a reason, a rationale, to be paid LESS for equal work.
    I never said it was. What I said was that his statements were not incorrect, that there is definitely more pressure on the male to provide financially.

    Stop trying to wiggle away from GOP action to limit equal pay.
    The only wiggling being done here is you, as you failed to answer my question. I'll ask it again:

    Are you disputing there is generally more societal pressure on the man to be the financial provider for the family?
    Last edited by Slyfox696; 04-25-14 at 03:59 PM.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    No, I think work should be based on performance.
    Which is a provision in the bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  7. #137
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Basically, You know it's true and lack of evidence will not change your mind.

    You probably still beleive the 77 cent statistic that the democrats use in support of this bill. Shrug.
    And all it says is that they make less than men on average. It gives no breakdown by job.

    In New Hampshire, on average, a woman who holds a full-time job is paid $41,021 per year while a man who holds a full-time job is paid $53,033 per year. This means that women in New Hampshire are paid 77 cents for every dollar paid to men, amounting to a yearly gap of $12,012 between men and women who work full time in the state.1

    Gee, the female hairdressers make less than the men who are lawyers in Boston. Color me surprised!

    I wonder how many of them here are as concerned about the income disparity in the Obama WH as they are about the income disparity in NH?

  8. #138
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,225

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Which is a provision in the bill.
    The women in NH don't seem as concerned about the issue as you are. Did you change your sex and move to NH?

    I know that more women are pissed about the gax tax increase that the Dems just rammed through and our governor is about to sign into law than they are about this.

  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I am not so entrenched in denial to think that NH is an outlier from the rest of the US
    No, but you are so entrenched that even though there is zero proof of the issue, you are still certain.

    You probably still beleive (sic) the 77 cent statistic that the democrats use in support of this bill. Shrug.
    Sadly, it is a completely debunked statistic that democrats keep using to gain support for this bill and declare republicans are waging a war on women.

    New Hampshire Gov. Maggie Hassan (D) has also expressed support for the measure, pointing to negative fiscal impacts related to the state's gender pay gap.

    Today, well over half of the women in our state are either the primary or co-breadwinners in their families,” Hassan said in January. “And yet, on average, women in New Hampshire earn 77 cents on the dollar compared to what men earn in comparable jobs. This disparity ... also puts further strain on our state budget and hurts our local businesses by taking money out of the pockets of consumers."
    But, at least we now know that the op was actually correct, despite democrats attempts to spin it into somethign he didn't say.

  10. #140
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Gee, the female hairdressers make less than the men who are lawyers in Boston. Color me surprised!
    Such trivialities. What is important is that the reuplbicans are in a war against women.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •