Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #101
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    What do you mean by equal pay for equal work .
    Bump...again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    AN ACT relative to paycheck equity.

    Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

    1 Discrimination in the Workplace; Definitions; Equal Pay. RSA 275:37 is repealed and reenacted to read as follows:

    275:37 Equal Pay.

    I. No employer or person seeking employees shall discriminate between employees on the basis of sex by paying employees of one sex at a rate less than the rate paid to employees of the other sex for equal work that requires equal skill, effort, and responsibility and is performed under similar working conditions, except where such payment is made pursuant to:

    (a) A seniority system;

    (b) A merit or performance-based system;

    (c) A system which measures earnings by quantity or quality of production;

    (d) Expertise;

    (e) Shift differentials;

    (f) A demonstrable factor other than sex, such as education, training, or experience.

    II. An employer who is paying wages in violation of this section shall not reduce the wage rate of any other employee in order to comply with this section.


    SB 0207
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  2. #102
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Is your opinion that women should not be paid equally for equal work?
    It's really just adressing a problem that barely exists by placing a burden on the company.

    Even that article I quoted provided a study done by a union, which indicates the pay discrepancy when accounting for everyhing is about 5 cents - and that very well may not be related to any form of discrimation.

  3. #103
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    It's really just adressing (sic) a problem that barely exists by placing a burden on the company.
    If the problem "barely" exists, then there will be "barely" a burden.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  4. #104
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Bump...again:
    I believe we should simplify public policies such that markets reach their own equilibriums.

    Unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines would be much more market friendly under our form of Capitalism, even under our form of Socialism.

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't ever work weekends or nights, and I rarely work more than I have to. The extra money isn't as important to me as my free time. My husband very often does. He would rather make more money.

    So in my case, as a citizen of the state he lives in, it's true. Is it true in every case? Not at all. But all he did was give his opinion, and it was hardly a terrible comment he made in the grand scheme of terrible things lawmakers say.
    It's just in line with the Republican position on women, which is as progressive as their position on minorities, homosexuals, and other groups. It's why they do so well with the electorate in those categories.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  6. #106
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    I was never arguing about boycotts of business, the thread is about LEGISLATION against rate of pay discrimination based on gender.

    If you are confused about what I am arguing for, perhaps you should read better before you toss your support behind someone or something.

    PS.....if you are against legislation like this, you don't need evidence that the discrimination is occurring. You have already put yourself in the absolute opposition to remedial legislation.

    To be consistent, you would also be in opposition to all civil rights legislation.
    ALL civil rights legislation? No...and thats a silly belief system. Absolutism is so...absolute. Things like affirmative action? Minimum wage laws? yes...I disagree with those.

  7. #107
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Just a page ago, you complained:



    Do you see that his statistics DO NOT apply, since they do not show explicitly the rate of pay?
    So...I take it that you refuse to comment on the statistical REALITIES. The FACTS show that STATISTICALLY...men work longer hours, more weekend hours, and more overtime hours. SHOW ME the actual case in question and if all things are equal, I will join in your outrage.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe we should simplify public policies such that markets reach their own equilibriums.

    Unemployment compensation that clears our poverty guidelines would be much more market friendly under our form of Capitalism, even under our form of Socialism.
    So instead of saying "Thanks for posting the legislation in question to help me understand what you meant by equal pay", your preferred response is a non-sequitur diatribe.

    I almost prefer your delving into pornstar discussions.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #109
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,285

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    Correct, but to some people that is implied by what he said.

    He certainly didn't help the GOP with that statement no matter what his objective was in spouting that trash.
    So lying is okay because stupid people believe the lies. Got it.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #110
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    If the problem "barely" exists, then there will be "barely" a burden.
    There would, at the very least, be a reporting burden for all companies wether the probelms exists or not.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •