Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 183

Thread: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

  1. #91
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
    I believe men may be more motivated than most women when it comes to serious relationships in modern times.
    Nice, but he wasn't talking about relationships. He said they men were more motivated by money.

  2. #92
    Sage



    Jack Fabulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    midwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    10,724
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    I have zero sympathy for this guy. He created this problem for himself by opening his mouth before he turned his brain on.
    Kind of makes me wonder...

    Would people actually find what he said sexist/insensitive/offensive etc.. if they had not already been told by <insert partisan source> that this was the "proper" way to perceive his comment? After reading what he actually said, in the context that he said it, seems pretty harmless to me.

    Just sayin...

  3. #93
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Did he SAY the woman you know isnt a hard work beast or did he say that according to the BofL&S statistics, STATISTICALLY, men work longer pay periods, more overtime hours, etc?



    He said what he said and that's enough for me and a lot of other people not to like him.




    "There are three kinds of lies: Lies, damned lies, and statistics." ~ Benjamin Disraeli
    Last edited by shrubnose; 04-25-14 at 01:06 PM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I will be right there with you not supporting that company...
    I was never arguing about boycotts of business, the thread is about LEGISLATION against rate of pay discrimination based on gender.

    If you are confused about what I am arguing for, perhaps you should read better before you toss your support behind someone or something.

    PS.....if you are against legislation like this, you don't need evidence that the discrimination is occurring. You have already put yourself in the absolute opposition to remedial legislation.

    To be consistent, you would also be in opposition to all civil rights legislation.
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  5. #95
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,705

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't think he expected any sympathy from you, unless you know him? Or did you vote for him?

    This isn't even making local news. It's only the left wing media and some partisan posters who are upset by what he said, which makes it even more ironic.

    As I said, it won't hurt him at all in the state. He lives in a very Republican district.
    Its even more comical that even though 1 came dangerously close to admitting the mockrage was ginned up over a false quote, they still maintain the charade.

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Nice, but he wasn't talking about relationships. He said they men were more motivated by money.
    multimillion dollar bonuses helps insure women are more motivated too.

  7. #97
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    The state congressman stated that as per the BofL&S statistics, men work more overtime hours, weekend hours and longer pay periods than women.

    Do you dispute that and if so based on what source?
    Just a page ago, you complained:

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    When you cling to statistical anomalies and compilations to prove your point...you fail. Miserably.
    Do you see that his statistics DO NOT apply, since they do not show explicitly the rate of pay?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    I don't think he expected any sympathy from you, unless you know him? Or did you vote for him?

    This isn't even making local news. It's only the left wing media and some partisan posters who are upset by what he said, which makes it even more ironic.

    As I said, it won't hurt him at all in the state. He lives in a very Republican district.
    What he said is to support his opposition to equal pay for equal work.

    Is your opinion that women should not be paid equally for equal work?
    Quote Originally Posted by trouble13 View Post
    If you wanna know why Trumpsters are ignoring you its for the same reason you ignored the KKKs complaints about Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moderate Right View Post
    When it comes down to it, all facts are cherry picked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    He didn't say it didn't make sense. He said it is complete nonsense.

  9. #99
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    What he said is to support his opposition to equal pay for equal work.

    Is your opinion that women should not be paid equally for equal work?
    What do you mean by equal pay for equal work and how does that work in the porn sector where women routinely receive superior pay for "equal" work.

  10. #100
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    US, California - federalist
    Last Seen
    11-12-16 @ 10:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,485

    Re: GOP lawmaker: 'Men are more motivated' than women

    From one perspective and in that alternative, Only the public sector can be wrong about private sector, market based metrics.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •