Page 98 of 130 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast
Results 971 to 980 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #971
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    I believe you're guilty of not making a valid point through the entire thread.

    You can post all the ignorant percentages you want, while still ignoring population numbers (demographics) and the breakdown of those numbers.

    When you make it a point to denigrate a race by stating there's more of these on welfare than there are of those, be prepared to be called out on it.

    Like I stated earlier, by demographics, there are more white people receiving welfare than black people, if you wish to stand by your percentages you posted earlier.
    Yes that is what you would be guilty of.

    In regards to respective populations blacks receive far more than white do.
    For snap, roughly 26% of the black population receives the benefit, while only 7% of the white population does.
    Those numbers show a disproportionality.

    If things were equal and even, 72% of the population would be receiving 72% of the benefits and 12% of the population should be receiving 12% of the benefits.
    But it isn't that way, the numbers are disproportionate.


    The other poster showed that he understood this when he attempted to provided an argument that the amount of benefits received was in-line with said demographic. The problem with that was the stats that statement relied on included programs far removed from welfare and was thus a false claim.

    The numbers are disproportionate with the demographics. Sorry you don't like that, but your argument fails.




    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Not really. This is what you posted;



    I'm better with math than you are.

    I'll make it easier for you.

    Which number would be greater in a demographic?

    39% of 13.1% (black American population)
    or
    38% or 77% (white American population)
    Obviously you are not better at math than I am.
    You fail to even understand the numbers you are using.
    iLOL


    Let me make it easier for you.
    The percentages you listed, (39% and 38%) represent the percentages of recipients of the program(s).
    Not of the population as a whole. Duh!

    So if we choose to use those numbers from that site, it also tells us that the total number of welfare recipients equals 4.1% of the population, which would roughly be 12,869,900. So the 38.8% and 39.8% percent would be of that number, which you then have to breakdown to percentage of the respective population.
    39.8% = 5122220.2
    38.8% = 4993521.2

    Now break that down by respective population to get an accurate representation.

    .
    Last edited by Excon; 04-30-14 at 08:52 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #972
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No you are not.
    Nothing he said was racist.
    Absolutely nothing.
    He was not disparaging the black man.
    He was not saying his race was better than the black man's.
    He was not speaking hatred for the black man.
    And he was not speaking intolerance of the black man.

    Any claim of racist or racism fails.


    His comments have to be taken out of context of the concern he was expressing to make such false claims. Which is why they are false.

    Sorry you do not understand that, but you are simply wrong.







    Said the person ignoring the facts

    Like I already said.
    If this is about winning and losing than you have clearly lost.
    Your numbers argument was absurd and your claims of racism are false.
    Nothing he said was racist.


    How absurd.
    An honesty involves breaking it down.

    The percentages of respective population matter more than the numbers on a whole.
    Your failure to understand that its your fault.
    But we get it. You don't like the truth being told.
    A larger percentage of the black population is on welfare when compared to the percentage of white population on welfare.
    That is honest. And you don't like it.
    Too bad, your dislike of facts is meaningless.





    No he didn't.
    That exists solely in your own thoughts. And those thoughts are wrong.
    He was speaking concern clearly of those negro's effected by welfare.

    It takes special mental gymnastics to suggest otherwise.
    I'm afraid you're just wrong. He screams racists. Sorry.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #973
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm afraid you're just wrong. He screams racists. Sorry.
    No, it is you who falsely scream racist.
    Which is truly sad given that he was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    It is you who are speaking those things.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #974
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Please see post # 961.
    This is a brief of it;



    I was pointing out to this member that while the percentage statistics are close, 1% more black on welfare, he or she conveniently ignored that whites outnumber blacks in America by population numbers, meaning, there are actually more whites on welfare than blacks on welfare.

    That is all.
    Then that person would be correct, assuming your stats on the overall population are correct.

    You said:

    White alone, percent, 2012 (a) 77.9%

    Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%


    If 39.8% of welfare recipients are black, and 38.8% of them are white, and blacks are only 13.1% of the total population, then that means that there ARE a larger percentage of blacks of welfare than white. They are virtually equal in terms of the population of recipients, but there are about 6 1/2 times as many white people as black people, so a smaller percentage of white people are on welfare.

    If there are 100 people, applying your statistics from the census:
    78 of them are white
    13 of them are black

    Of those 100 people, say 25 receive welfare. 38% of them are white - 9 people. 39% of them are black - 9 people. If 9 out of 13 blacks receive welfare, and 9 out of 78 whites receive welfare, a larger percentage of blacks receive welfare. That's a statistical fact.

    I don't think you meant to do it, but you actually validated his post.

  5. #975
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No, it is you who falsely scream racist.
    Which is truly sad given that he was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    It is you who are speaking those things.
    I'm sorry, he had call to speak at all. And there is no context that justify his comments. You can tell yourself there is until the end of time, but there isn't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #976
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Not really. This is what you posted;



    I'm better with math than you are.

    I'll make it easier for you.

    Which number would be greater in a demographic?

    39% of 13.1% (black American population)
    or
    38% or 77% (white American population)
    You're not better with math.

    If you're going to use the stat of total welfare recipients (38% to 39%), you have to start with the total number of welfare recipients, not the entire population.

    100 people receive welfare:
    38 are white
    39 are black

    That still doesn't change it. He's right - more blacks than whites receive welfare. Unless I read it wrong, the stats of 38% and 39% were statistics by race of the total number of welfare recipients, not statistics by race of the total population. Those would be completely different numbers.

  7. #977
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I'm sorry, he had call to speak at all. And there is no context that justify his comments. You can tell yourself there is until the end of time, but there isn't.
    And you are simply wrong.
    Which is truly sad given that he was speaking of concern, not disparagement, hatred or intolerance.
    It is you who are speaking those things.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #978
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    As you are the one who was destroyed, they are more than appropriate to laugh at your further and repeated denials.


    There you go again with your ridiculously false claim of denial and illogically using it to deflect.
    No one is denying that at times whites may be the majority receiving certain benefits.
    It has been acknowledged and stated that whites should make up a greater number.
    Yet you repeatedly ignoring that in favor of your ridiculous position. D'oh!
    And frankly, whether or not you think factual information is disparaging, matters not.
    It is factual.
    Trying to dismiss factual information is ridiculous.

    The breakdown of those numbers is what matters.


    And that doesn't hold true for tanf benefits, but you wont let that stop your absurd claims.


    And as the information already provided shows that blacks receive "over all welfare" in greater numbers.
    As previously provided by two others, apparently on opposite sides of the coin.
    Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain
    Which gives us the following numbers.

    Welfare Demographics
    Percent of recipients who are white 38.8 %
    Percent of recipients who are black 39.8 %




    So you have nothing but snap benefits to refer to.
    And then blacks receive them in far greater numbers by population than white do by their respective population.
    That breakdown of numbers is what matters.

    As it was calculated, those numbers for the respective black population show that roughly 26% of the black population receive benefits.
    While roughly only 7% of whites do.

    Do you really not understand that?
    Those are the facts.
    Deal with them.



    iLOL

    Not by respective population. Which is what matters. And not by the over-all numbers provided from the others.
    In other words....I can't win this argument even if I keep acting as if the issue is percentages...wwwaahhhhaahhh!!!
    I'm now done with the issue, on to other posts.
    Last edited by reconmark; 04-30-14 at 09:30 PM.

  9. #979
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    In other words....I can't win this argument even if I keep acting as if the issue is percentages...wwwaahhhhaahhh!!!
    I'm now done with the issue, on to other posts.
    You can't win because your position is dishonest to the actual numbers that are relevant.
    So yes, you can cry all you want.
    It wont change the fact that blacks are on welfare in disproportionately higher numbers in respect to their relative population numbers.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #980
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,435

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It wont change the fact that blacks are on welfare in disproportionately higher numbers in respect to their relative population numbers.
    Typical racist crap spewed by those completely ignorant of sociology.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •