Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #901
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Actually I was just waiting for you to blame the liberals for who the Repubs nominate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I wouldn't presume to speak for mak ...but I think his point was that, as much as you love Keyes ... the American public doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You didn't offend me at all. Didn't mean for it to come across that way - sorry about that.

    The liberal media discounted Keyes - just like they did Scott & West - because he isn't a liberal, and doesn't hang with the liberals. That isn't an accusation of racism (which PS I detest....it seems that everyone is a racist these days....and it's getting tiresome).

    I agree 100% with your Bundy assessment. He's not too bright, but then again, he's nothing but a private citizen, so he can be as dumb as he wants.

    Welcome to the board, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    That doesn't answer my question to mak, which made no sense with my post he quoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    It doesn't answer my question to mak, Buck. I have no idea what the nomination thing was about. I never suggested that Keyes was nominated so I have no idea why his electoral history is relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, Buck, if that was mak's point, then he wasted in on me. That's a childish point that has no point.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #902
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Nope, just waiting for you to say it was the libs fault. It didnt take long.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So I'm supposed to subscribe to groupthink, and not think someone is a good man because others did want him to be President (which PS, still has nothing to do with my post)?

    You subscribe to groupthink. I don't.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #903
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Actually I was just waiting for you to blame the liberals for who the Repubs nominate.
    Of course you were. The difference between us, apparently, is you're like a spider waiting to jump on a fly and hoping to see things that aren't there to score partisan points. I'm not.

  4. #904
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Nope, just waiting for you to say it was the libs fault. It didnt take long.
    Liars are ugly people. If you want to lie go ahead and do it about someone else. Don't put words in my mouth that I never thought, let alone said.

    Your true colors, which have been showing a lot lately, aren't attractive.

  5. #905
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    LIke a spider? That is one I have not heard before. But everytime the Repubs doesnt run a black guy it is the libs fault. Just so predicatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Of course you were. The difference between us, apparently, is you're like a spider waiting to jump on a fly and hoping to see things that aren't there to score partisan points. I'm not.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  6. #906
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    I highlighted your words.

    The liberal media discounted Keyes - just like they did Scott & West - because he isn't a liberal, and doesn't hang with the liberals. That isn't an accusation of racism (which PS I detest....it seems that everyone is a racist these days....and it's getting tiresome).


    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Liars are ugly people. If you want to lie go ahead and do it about someone else. Don't put words in my mouth that I never thought, let alone said.

    Your true colors, which have been showing a lot lately, aren't attractive.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #907
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    As far as I know I have never tried to pretend I think something I dont. Why would you say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Liars are ugly people. If you want to lie go ahead and do it about someone else. Don't put words in my mouth that I never thought, let alone said.

    Your true colors, which have been showing a lot lately, aren't attractive.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #908
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,217

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    As far as I know I have never tried to pretend I think something I dont. Why would you say that?
    Because you lied and said I blamed the liberal media for Keyes never becoming the GOP nominee. I said no such thing. Having a discussion with someone else about the liberal media not paying attention to or fawning over a black conservative has nothing to do with how or why the Republicans pick their POTUS candidates. Stop being obtuse if you're going to be dishonest.

  9. #909
    User HolyBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington
    Last Seen
    04-23-15 @ 05:53 PM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    37

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You didn't offend me at all. Didn't mean for it to come across that way - sorry about that.

    The liberal media discounted Keyes - just like they did Scott & West - because he isn't a liberal, and doesn't hang with the liberals. That isn't an accusation of racism (which PS I detest....it seems that everyone is a racist these days....and it's getting tiresome).

    I agree 100% with your Bundy assessment. He's not too bright, but then again, he's nothing but a private citizen, so he can be as dumb as he wants.

    Welcome to the board, BTW.
    Thanks, just wanted to be careful because it is such a touchy subject. I think there is something wrong when both sides of the political spectrum are gleefully screaming "racist" at each other over every little comment. All it does is minimize the transgressions of actual racists, and they certainly exist at all levels.

    I would argue that Bundy made himself a public figure, however, which means his views are fair game for criticism. And even if he is not trying to disparage another race, his comments are misguided and offensive, and they represent a general strain of thought that I see in many people around me. If nothing else, this public discourse is an opportunity for people to examine their own internalized beliefs against a larger commentary.

    And all of this is simply a sideshow distracting us from the real issue of a man inciting armed resistance against the United States government, but I think members here could argue in circles on that one for years.

  10. #910
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    Donald Sterling???
    Alleged. People seem to have him convicted, not that I even like or dislike the man, but so far, nobody has proven it was even his voice making those comments. Should we convict a person because some obscure rag like TMZ makes attempts to drag celebrity names through the mud?

    This thread topic has gone the way of a rail siding.

Page 91 of 130 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •