Page 88 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #871
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If they already knew the militia people were going to be there, they should have never rolled in like Sherman's March, to begin with!
    I'm certain that none of them knew, for sure, how successful the call to arms by Bundy's people would be until that day when they all met in that dry wash...
    They had to at least attempt to act on the court order... You see it is their duty as sworn law enforcement agents.
    When it became apparent that the militias would make good on Bundy's promise to do "whatever it takes"...
    The BLM sensibly backed away.

  2. #872
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,728
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Alan Keyes, my candidate in 2000, lets the left have it with their twisting what Bundy said.

    Bundy was recalling public housing projects in North Las Vegas.

    “And in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids – and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch – they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do,” he said.
    “And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”

    Ammon Bundy, Cliven Bundy’s son, told WND that the quotes were taken out of context and that his father was commiserating over the poor situation in which blacks find themselves because of oppressive government programs, regulations and practices.

    Keyes said that was evident. (Zimmer note: except for those who have eaten the dung from the NYT and cannot find the moral courage to state they have been duped.)

    “I find it appalling that we basically have a history of the leftist liberalism that wants to extinguish black people by abortion [and] destroying the family structure,” Keyes told WND. “All of these things if you just look at the effects, you would say this was planned by some racist madman to destroy the black community.”

    Then when somebody comes along to comment on that damage, the leftists all scream “racism,” he said.

    “I think it’s time somebody started to recognize the racism that exists in its effects – the hard leftist ideology using the black community for their sacrificial lamb, for their sick ideology. It’s time we called them what they are
    ,” he said.

    “Now it’s racist to point it out.”


    Conservative Musings: Alan Keyes Supports Clive Bundy. The Story Is Not The One Reported By New York Times, Surprised?

    Bundy in full:
    …” and so what I’ve testified to ya’, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didn’t have these things, and they didn’t have them.

    We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

    Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

    When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids…. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for the kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for the young girls to do.

    And because they were basically on government subsidy – so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

    You know they didn’t get more freedom, uh they got less freedom – they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips – so that’s all government, that’s not freedom.

    Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But they’re here and they’re people – and I’ve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

    Don’t tell me they don’t work, and don’t tell me they don’t pay taxes. And don’t tell me they don’t have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, they’re together, they picnic together, they’re spending their time together, and I’ll tell you in my way of thinking they’re awful nice people.

    And we need to have those people join us and be with us…. not, not come to our party.
    Compassion, concern, lament, respect and love for his fellow human beings... and disdain for what government has done to them.

    And your NYT... why not aim your seething rage at the disgusting smear masters for lying to you and getting you all jerked up? This is the same evil that took Zimmerman's quote out of context to paint him as a racist.
    Last edited by zimmer; 04-29-14 at 04:42 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #873
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You're still sucking wind, my friend.
    You wanted link/s to BLM law enforcement, because didn't you say that the BLM didn't have law enforcement officers? And I gave you that.

    I also gave you the address and phone number to the BLM in DC, so you could write or call them, and you don't want that now, and resort to a snarky response, how is anyone to take you seriously debating anything?

  4. #874
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No it is my opinion. If I were an extremist I would say he was a racist.
    Calling someone and idiot who isn't, is extreme.
    So you seem to be operating under the opinion that both aren't extreme positions to take when they are.
    That IS idiotic on your part and IS your problem, not mine.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #875
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    I viewed his narrative about black persons as disparaging. Matter of opinion I suppose. And I think that he did not intend it as such - only his unwitting stereotypical view of things got in the way.
    I'm sure you did.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    When someone uses the term/phrase "the negro", it sure as hell sounds to me as if he's referring to all black people.

    What, only black people on welfare get to be called "the negro"?, now? How is that fair?
    Wtf?
    Out of context.
    It is more than apparent he is speaking to those in the welfare state.

    Do you honestly think he was addressing those who weren't?
    I would hope not as that would be out of context.
    And yet here you are suggesting exactly that.




    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    As I said, his comments make me think one of two things are likely:

    1. He has an appalling lack of knowledge, partially of history, partially of present, which led him to compare current conditions to conditions during slavery, and not instantly dismiss it as a reasonable comparison.
    2. He actually thinks slavery would be better for black persons.


    As I see it, this means he was either unintentionally racist, or intentionally racist, with the former being most likely.
    Which is really asinine given the fact of content of context of what he said.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    As I said, I think he's unknowingly racist.

    As in, he doesn't realize that what he's saying is racist.
    Which is really asinine given the fact of content of context of what he said. Nothing he said was racist.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    It was how he used it.

    It appeared disparaging to me.
    How absurd. He didn't use it to disparage. In content and context there was no disparagement.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    These are not the words of a racist.

    We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.


    Content and context matter. His words were not racist.





    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Fine I will, do you have the intelligence to comprehend it or the intellectual integrity to admit when I prove you wrong?

    [Blah
    Blah
    Blah
    ]
    Wow. You really went over the deep end with that irrelevant info.
    His words were not racist.
    Nothing you provided shows they were.
    You have failed to prove what I said wrong. His words were not racist.
    It is you who do not have the intellect or integrity to understand and admit the truth.


    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance, disparagement or of the thought that his race was better.
    Especially as he said the Mexican's had better values. That is not what a racist says.


    All you keep doing is showing that you do not have the ability to discern and comprehend outside of your own unintelligent ridiculous bias.
    And when it is pointed out to you, you fail to have the integrity to admit you are wrong.
    His words were not racist.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance, disparagement or of the thought that his race was better.
    And yet here you are idiotically claiming a non-existent racism.
    Truly sad.

    One you should try to understand his comments in context.
    He was speaking in comparison to.
    And he said we do not want to go back to that. Or do you really not understand that?
    Those are not the word of a racist.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #876
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    40,726

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Alan Keyes. Now there is a smart black man. They all hate him though because he thinks for himself and doesn't want to carry water for the Democrats.

  7. #877
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    I wonder if that is where all the ammo went...
    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    Are you seriously trying to suggest that LEO aren't authorized to use deadly force???


    The BLM fields a force of approximately 200 Law Enforcement Rangers (uniformed officers) and 70 Special Agents (criminal investigators) who enforce a wide range of laws and regulations in the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes affecting public lands resources. These crimes include mineral resource theft; wilderness area violations; hazardous materials dumping; archaeological and paleontological resource theft and vandalism; cultivation, manufacture, smuggling, and use of illegal drugs; timber, forest product, and native plant theft; off-highway vehicle use; alcohol related crimes; and wildland arson.

    \\Law Enforcement"]\\Law Enforcement[/URL]
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #878
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I'm sure you did.

    Wtf?
    Out of context.
    It is more than apparent he is speaking to those in the welfare state.

    Do you honestly think he was addressing those who weren't?
    I would hope not as that would be out of context.
    And yet here you are suggesting exactly that.




    Which is really asinine given the fact of content of context of what he said.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.


    Which is really asinine given the fact of content of context of what he said. Nothing he said was racist.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance or disparagement.


    How absurd. He didn't use it to disparage. In content and context there was no disparagement.








    Wow. You really went over the deep end with that irrelevant info.
    His words were not racist.
    Nothing you provided shows they were.
    You have failed to prove what I said wrong. His words were not racist.
    It is you who do not have the intellect or integrity to understand and admit the truth.


    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance, disparagement or of the thought that his race was better.
    Especially as he said the Mexican's had better values. That is not what a racist says.


    All you keep doing is showing that you do not have the ability to discern and comprehend outside of your own unintelligent ridiculous bias.
    And when it is pointed out to you, you fail to have the integrity to admit you are wrong.
    His words were not racist.
    He was speaking concern, not hatred, intolerance, disparagement or of the thought that his race was better.
    And yet here you are idiotically claiming a non-existent racism.
    Truly sad.

    One you should try to understand his comments in context.
    He was speaking in comparison to.
    And he said we do not want to go back to that. Or do you really not understand that?
    Those are not the word of a racist.
    As I prefaced my earlier post. "Would you have the intellectual honesty when proven wrong?"
    Well, you have shown everyone that you do not.

    Write as many irrational flailing's as you like, it's obvious to anyone reasonable that I proved you wrong.
    I used the definition of racism that YOU provided and made the factual point, in the future, please don't call anyone unintelligent.
    You lack the credentials.
    Last edited by reconmark; 04-29-14 at 10:48 AM.

  9. #879
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,450

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Didn't read it anywhere, but it's obvious that he is not an educated person, educated people don't usually make openly racial disparaging comments like he did.

    Donald Sterling???

  10. #880
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:20 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,728
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Alan Keyes. Now there is a smart black man. They all hate him though because he thinks for himself and doesn't want to carry water for the Democrats.
    In the 2000 SC primary debate with McCain and Bush, moderated by Larry King he walked all over them both. When Larry King asked him about racial profiling he said (paraphrasing):

    It is not racial profiling when you know a certain segment of society is committing a disproportionate percentage of the crimes and I have no problem with cops who would pull me over because of it... instead I am angry with my community that they have done this to themselves.

    He would have been the president to bring some racial harmony because he doesn't pull punches and he loves the country.

    I wonder... why didn't the press go gaga over this black man? Ahhh right... he's a Conservative.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 88 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •