Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #821
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,307

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Tralfamadore View Post
    He specifically targeted African-Americans in his rant and characterized their "dependence on the government" in a very negative way. He then went on to talk about Hispanics and how admirable they are. Both African-Americans and Hispanics, in addition to whites, make up a large segment of the population on government programs. Therefore, his comments were, again, either racist or very ignorant.

    He either doesn't realize that other groups of people make up a large segment of the population on welfare, or he thinks that it is only bad if African-Americans are on welfare, because his entire government-dependency rant focuses on African-Americans.
    So he should have said disparaging things about whites & Hispanics, and it would have been all better?

  2. #822
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    I guess it would have showed he cared about them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    So he should have said disparaging things about whites & Hispanics, and it would have been all better?
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  3. #823
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You have already been shown to be wrong.
    He was expressing his concern.
    LOL

    Yeah, whatever you need to belive.
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  4. #824
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Show me where he said his race was better than other races.
    .
    Is that all you think racism comprises?

  5. #825
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,375

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Thet refuse to see it. I can't decide if it's ignorance, or just a desire to scream "RACIST" because it makes them think they're being cool and progressive.
    Gee, wondering if society's ills can be traced to not knowing the skills of picking cotton, and wondering if they would all be happier if they had no freedom, and were owned by a master.

    Nothing cool or progressive about labeling that as a racist. But, if you need the cognitive dissonance....LOL
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

  6. #826
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Oy vey...that's not what racism is entirely. Disparaging a race is also racism.
    Oy vey! Is right.
    Most folks know that the misuse of the word has lead to it meaning other things, none of which apply here, that is what you do not seem to understand.
    There is no racism here. None.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    What amazes me is that despite the fact that there are far, far more whites on welfare than blacks, Bundy chose to single out the blacks. That's racism. Most people on welfare in this country (including the moocher Bundy) are white. Singling out black people is racist.
    Oy vey! Is right again. He was speaking of gov involvement/programs. He expressed concern for other races.
    His words were not racist.

    As for your claim of a majority of whites on welfare?
    1. There better be, as whites are a far greater percentage of the population.
    2. He wasn't speaking of the whites he saw on welfare or expressing concern about them. Nor does he need to.
    It is actually irrelevant to his expressions of concern for the negro in the welfare state.
    3. Blacks by respective population, make up a greater percentage on welfare than whites do by their population.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    "the negro?" Wow...you didn't even quote him on it. You just went there, didn't you?
    Wtf is your major malfunction over it? It isn't a word of disparagement like nigger is.

    Was it not the negro on welfare to whom he was referring?
    Of course it was. That isn't racist.
    Datred, but not racist.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    What surprises me is that he doesn't think it has the same effect on white people? Ever take a ride through the Ozarks or Harlan County? Or the entire state of West Virginia? Or any of the other red states that take more than they contribute to the Treasury (of which all but three are welfare states)?
    You have no clue as to what he thinks of such.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Talk about fat, lazy moochers!
    Irrelevant bigoted opinion. Go figure.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

    "We’ve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure don’t want to go back; we sure don’t want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure don’t want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way."

    Calling black people "colored people" is racist, FYI. Calling Latinos "Mexicans" is racist too. This guy is one big, racist pee-bag.
    Wrong.
    NAACP
    Colored people may be dated, but it is not racist.
    Neither is Mexican.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Those are exactly the comments of a racist. Right down to calling Latinos "Mexicans" and calling blacks "colored"
    Wrong. Those words are not racist. You clearly are seeing what you want to see when it isn't there.
    There is no expressions of disparagement in those words. They are not the words of a racist, but of some one who is concerned.
    It is your own convoluted bigoted thoughts that do not allow you to see the truth.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    There is no dispute. Bundy is a deadbeat who doesn't pay his bills and mooches off the government.
    Wrong again, as it is disputed.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Not in those exact words,
    Yes we know, that is what you were told. It is you choosing to use those bigoted dispargaing words that are not accurate.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    but they did rule that he's been mooching off government land for decades. That would make him a welfare queen, would it not? What do you call someone who mooches off the government for 20 years? A welfare queen.
    And again, it is disputed.

    And I also told you I am not arguing that. So spare me ill-informed opinions.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    You've been doing so this entire thread.
    Get a grip dude.
    And a clear sign your thinker is broken.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    HE IS PAYING THE GUY TO PROTECT HIM. Literally.
    YOur lame and dishonest argument is lame and dishonest.
    He is armed security.
    You can not show he lied or even present any such evidence, because it doesn't exist.

    So stop with the dishonesty.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Of which Bundy has none. Nor does he have a sense of integrity either. Complaining about "colored people" on welfare as he mooches off the government to the tune of millions of dollars. What a sponge.
    Holy ****.
    What you think he has or doesn't have matters not. It is just more dishonest bs from you.
    He was speaking of work ethic, and you are so obviously bigoted that you can't/wont see that.
    He speaks of concern and you say he is complaining about colored people.
    You are out of touch with reality.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    What amazes me is why you would defend big business paying these wages which only increases the amount of people who need these welfare programs. If you want to get people off welfare, pay them more.
    Oh look at that. More irrelevant and dishonest comments from you. Must be because you know your whole position in regards to his comments is wrong and untenable.

    It figures.
    Get showing this defense I have made of big businesses.
    Either that, or knock of your absurd dishonest irrelevant comments.





    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I think work ethic is something that comes from your parents, it's not inherent in race. Bundy seems to think it's inherent in race. Hence his comments about "learning to pick cotton".
    Your thoughts are skewed again, which comes as no surprise.

    Not having been taught because of welfare. Duh!


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Conservatives are nothing but racists. The entire modern, Buckley-led Conservative movement came about as a reaction to Civil Rights advances. And all the Conservatives -ALL OF THEM- opposed Civil Rights and still do to this day.
    More irrelevant bigoted bs to the topic.
    You just can't help yourself.
    Btw, that liberal lie has lost it's traction. It isn't true. You have the liberals/democrats mixed up with the conservative/republicans.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    I think you're so frustrated that I'm smacking you around that you're resorting to Sarah Palin word salad to make yourself feel better.

    Yep.
    Just as I called it. You are not living in reality.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #827
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It isn't a word of disparagement like nigger is.
    It is a word of disparagement in society. I agree it's not as bad as nigger but even you have to admit if a GOP candidate used the word "negro" to describe someone that person would NOT be elected.

    I don't think Bundy is racist, but I do think he is an idiot.

    To compare slavery to ANY type of welfare program is stupid. Those on the right ALWAYS say that ANYONE can become ANYTHING they want to if they put their mind to it. Therefore using personal responsibility it isn't the program keeping the person down it's the person.

  8. #828
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Is that all you think racism comprises?
    We eliminate one aspect of what the definition has become, one item at a time. Or do you not know how to debate?

    Since you can't do it, his comments do not qualify under that aspect.


    So now show where he was purposely disparaging, or showed hatred or even or intolerance of the black race.

    We already know you can't do that either.
    So you have absolutely nothing other than your false bigoted claims.




    Racism
    rac·ism
    noun
    1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

    2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

    3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.


    Racism | Define Racism at Dictionary.com
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #829
    Student
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    West Bloomfield, MI
    Last Seen
    06-13-14 @ 09:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    174

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Whatever, post a link that shows that BLM personel are authorized to use deadly force.

    Should be easy...yes?
    Are you seriously trying to suggest that LEO aren't authorized to use deadly force???


    The BLM fields a force of approximately 200 Law Enforcement Rangers (uniformed officers) and 70 Special Agents (criminal investigators) who enforce a wide range of laws and regulations in the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes affecting public lands resources. These crimes include mineral resource theft; wilderness area violations; hazardous materials dumping; archaeological and paleontological resource theft and vandalism; cultivation, manufacture, smuggling, and use of illegal drugs; timber, forest product, and native plant theft; off-highway vehicle use; alcohol related crimes; and wildland arson.

    \\Law Enforcement"]\\Law Enforcement[/URL]

  10. #830
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It is a word of disparagement in society. I agree it's not as bad as nigger but even you have to admit if a GOP candidate used the word "negro" to describe someone that person would NOT be elected.

    I don't think Bundy is racist, but I do think he is an idiot.

    To compare slavery to ANY type of welfare program is stupid. Those on the right ALWAYS say that ANYONE can become ANYTHING they want to if they put their mind to it. Therefore using personal responsibility it isn't the program keeping the person down it's the person.
    Idiot?
    Poor at expressing himself, and ignorant of the subject material, sure. But idiot?
    I don't see it.

    His use clearly was not racist.
    In this case it was antiquated and without disparagement.

    And yes I do know that some find it offensive. As far as I am concerned intent matters. Not reception.
    And frankly, in today's day and age no one goes around using negro to be offensive, they use the word nigger or kaffer.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 83 of 130 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •