Page 79 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #781
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    No it wasn't. Content and context matter.
    Explain to me the context, then. Because I read the quote you posted in full and even in context, it's racist.

    An unresolved dispute
    It's not unresolved. The US Courts have upheld the BLM. Bundy is a welfare queen and you are a welfare enabler for defending him.

    especially as he added improvements to the land.
    So what???? If you improve your apartment you still have to pay rent. Moocher!

  2. #782
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And you don't think Bundy was going for impact?

    What I think (and I don't know...I wasn't there and I'm not a mindreader) is that Bundy's angst towards Uncle Sam is SO deep that he used rhetoric to attempt to slam, full on body slam, Uncle Sam, and because he has neither the experience nor the skill in public speaking, and then you toss in his obvious childish glee at having an audience, it resulted in him uttering a jumble of words that came out wrong. I know you guys disagree with me, and that's fine, but my example is a perfect one of where rhetoric must be used sparingly and appropriately. Dyson is a very well educated man who has a lot of experience as a pundit on MNSBC, and you can bet your ass he regretted saying what he did.
    He may well have regretted that exact choice of words... but I doubt that Bundy does.
    That "let me tell you what I know about the negro " tone seemed far to practiced and comfortable as it came from him.
    His later comments where he tried to roll it back were absolutely ineffectual and seemed insincere at changing his perceived intent.

  3. #783
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    You're the one who posted the video of Bundy's black bodyguard. So what conclusion are we to draw from that? Let me get this straight, the man that Bundy pays said the guy who pays his salary is not racist? Shocker.
    Insinuation is not an argument.

    Show the body guard isn't telling the truth.
    You can't, because you have nothing to show he is a racist. All you have is false claims.

    He was speaking of compassion and you want to claim racism. That is absurd.
    These false claims of racism need to stop as they do not help at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    yes, it was extremely racist. Saying black people didn't learn how to pick cotton is racist. it's a shame that has to be pointed out to you. I think you're just being obstinate for obstinacy's sake.
    The above comment is you do understanding what he was saying. Content and context matter.
    You are wrong. Any claim of racism is wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    No, that's actually right. Any English 101 student could tell ya that. It's like saying "people say..." when you're the one saying it. Same rhetorical device. If instead of "I wonder..." Bundy said "Some people say..." he'd be doing the same thing. No, people aren't saying it...YOU ARE. Just like you don't really wonder about something like that unless you are of the position accepting it to begin with. But rhetoric isn't something the right really understands that much.
    More irrational absurdity from you.
    Nothing he said was racist.


    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    What's pathetic is that you're avoiding answering to the fact that Bundy isn't some hero, he's just a run-of-the-mill racist welfare queen.

    No, what is pathetic are your irrational claims coming from your irrational thought.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #784
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    What I think (and I don't know...I wasn't there and I'm not a mindreader) is that Bundy's angst towards Uncle Sam is SO deep that he used rhetoric to attempt to slam, full on body slam, Uncle Sam, and because he has neither the experience nor the skill in public speaking, and then you toss in his obvious childish glee at having an audience, it resulted in him uttering a jumble of words that came out wrong. I know you guys disagree with me, and that's fine, but my example is a perfect one of where rhetoric must be used sparingly and appropriately. Dyson is a very well educated man who has a lot of experience as a pundit on MNSBC, and you can bet your ass he regretted saying what he did.
    First of all, not sure why Bundy has animosity towards Uncle Sam since Bundy's been mooching off Uncle Sam for 20+ years. Secondly, Bundy said himself that he doesn't regret what he said, nor that it "came out wrong". This is the thing with you Conservatives, it's not that you're not articulating your positions clearly that has people mad, it's that you have those positions in the first place. This is exactly like the "legitimate rape" thing. It's not that he used the words "legitimate rape", it's the psychology of the position as a whole that led him to that statement. This belief that Conservatives can somehow PR their way to victory is the most disrespectful, downright disturbing thing about their party. That somehow there exists a collection of words that make their argument of hate, opposition, defiance, and animosity palatable to the people. It's absurd to think that you can wordsmith your bigotry and hatred. And it's insulting. It's not that what he said came out wrong, it's the idea behind what he said. And what's even more outrageous is that he's a moocher himself!!!!!

  5. #785
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post

    This is why I think most politicians deserved to be dunked in a vat of hot lard.
    Oooooo that seems like some pretty violent rhetoric coming from yourself there...
    That action would surely kill them...Someone may take your intent as literal.
    Are you sure you don't want to walk that back a little?
    Last edited by Buck Ewer; 04-28-14 at 07:08 PM.

  6. #786
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,005

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    He may well have regretted that exact choice of words... but I doubt that Bundy does.
    That "let me tell you what I know about the negro " tone seemed far to practiced and comfortable as it came from him.
    His later comments where he tried to roll it back were absolutely ineffectual and seemed insincere at changing his perceived intent.
    Bundy won't roll back the comparison of Thomas Jefferson-type slavery to government slavery because he really believes that. In his mind, the government is the most oppressive entity/person that ever existed/lived.

    I saw one of those true crime shows once, where a little girl was kidnapped by a sexual monster. After months of not knowing where she was, the mother said "I would rather my daughter be dead than be raped & tortured every day by that sadist." Now, do you think that meant she wanted her daughter dead? Did she hate her daughter? No, in her mind, death (a very bad choice) was preferable to the other horror, another bad choice.

  7. #787
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,005

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    Oooooo that seems like some pretty violent rhetoric coming from yourself there...
    Someone may take your intent as literal.
    Are you sure you don't want to walk that back a little?
    Rhetoric. It's all about the context.

  8. #788
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Insinuation is not an argument
    So then why post that video at all? That's my question. If you think that Bundy paying some guy to say something nice about him isn't complete BS, then I don't know what to say to you.

    Show the body guard isn't telling the truth.
    The bodyguard is going to defend Bundy because that's his job. So whether or not he thinks Bundy is racist comes with the inconvenient caveat that Bundy pays his salary.

    He was speaking of compassion
    Ah, so it's compassionate to think that blacks should learn how to pick cotton. I see.

    hese false claims of racism need to stop as they do not help at all.
    They're not false claims, they are actual racism. Bundy is a racist. That's why Conservatives have started condemning him as racist...because they don't want to be associated with that overt racism. Conservatives prefer their racism a little more subtle.

    The above comment is you do understanding what he was saying.
    Yes, he is a racist. I understand that. It's loud and clear. The only thing missing from Bundy in that video is a white hood. Maybe a burning cross.

  9. #789
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,313

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by TeleKat View Post
    You're thinking of slaves in the 1800s sense which I already said was much worse than the "slavery" (using the term very loosely) I believe we are in today.
    What is that other than a stupid platitude and no explanation for anything.

    This is not platitudes.com

  10. #790
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    I don't even know why we're talking about this stuff since Conservatives on the Supreme Court said racism was over. Everything Bundy said can't possibly be racist because racism doesn't exist anymore. Right, Los Angeles Clippers fans?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •