Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 761 to 770 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #761
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Keep cutting out words, then maybe add a few.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Not until the number of white kids die....

    vs.

    I wonder if blacks were better off....
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  2. #762
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Here's one of my favorites. Michael Eric Dyson "More White Kids Need To Die For America To Understand Racism". College degree, plus an MBA and a PhD from Princeton.

    What's really funny about what you did here is the fact that you did precisely what you're accusing the NYT of doing; taking comments out of context. Unfortunately, it's not the first time Conservatives have done such a thing and it won't be the last. But what's really hilarious about it is that if you play the full clip in context, Dyson says exactly the opposite of what you're claiming he's saying.

  3. #763
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    “White Americans and others will feel that this was a justifiable verdict, this is how things happen. Not until, and unless, the number of white kids die that approximate the numbers of black and other kids who die, will America see.”

    His exact words.

  4. #764
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    And they have to add a word to make him say that. Any more examples?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    What's really funny about what you did here is the fact that you did precisely what you're accusing the NYT of doing; taking comments out of context. Unfortunately, it's not the first time Conservatives have done such a thing and it won't be the last. But what's really hilarious about it is that if you play the full clip in context, Dyson says exactly the opposite of what you're claiming he's saying.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  5. #765
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    Keep cutting out words, then maybe add a few.
    Well, I thought you were better than this but I see where I was wrong. Bundy's (aka the white man's) words have no context other than racist, but a black man's do have context. Got it.

    Sad.

  6. #766
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    ďI want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,Ē he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, ďand in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids ó and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch ó they didnít have nothing to do. They didnít have nothing for their kids to do. They didnít have nothing for their young girls to do.
    Full context below.



    ÖĒ and so what Iíve testified to yaí, I was in the WATTS riot, I seen the beginning fire and I seen the last fire. What I seen is civil disturbance. People are not happy, people is thinking they did not have their freedom; they didnít have these things, and they didnít have them.

    Weíve progressed quite a bit from that day until now, and sure donít want to go back; we sure donít want the colored people to go back to that point; we sure donít want the Mexican people to go back to that point; and we can make a difference right now by taking care of some of these bureaucracies, and do it in a peaceful way.

    Let me tell.. talk to you about the Mexicans, and these are just things I know about the negroes. I want to tell you one more thing I know about the negro.

    When I go, went, go to Las Vegas, North Las Vegas; and I would see these little government houses, and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kidsÖ. and there was always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch. They didnít have nothing to do. They didnít have nothing for the kids to do. They didnít have nothing for the young girls to do.

    And because they were basically on government subsidy Ė so now what do they do? They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never, they never learned how to pick cotton. And Iíve often wondered are they were better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things? Or are they better off under government subsidy?

    You know they didnít get more freedom, uh they got less freedom Ė they got less family life, and their happiness -you could see it in their faces- they were not happy sitting on that concrete sidewalk. Down there they was probably growing their turnips Ė so thatís all government, thatís not freedom.

    Now, let me talk about the Spanish people. You know I understand that they come over here against our constitution and cross our borders. But theyíre here and theyíre people Ė and Iíve worked side-by-side a lot of them.

    Donít tell me they donít work, and donít tell me they donít pay taxes. And donít tell me they donít have better family structure than most of us white people. When you see those Mexican families, theyíre together, they picnic together, theyíre spending their time together, and Iíll tell you in my way of thinking theyíre awful nice people.

    And we need to have those people join us and be with usÖ. not, not come to our party.
    ďThe law is reason, free from passion.Ē
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #767
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Too bad you, as the fact is that you are wrong. Nothing he said was racist. Nor is he a racist.
    He is extremely racist. And having a black employee doesn't mean you're not racist. And yes, what he said was racist. Saying "I wonder..." is merely a rhetorical device used to give the appearance of distance from the racist intent of what he said. It's like me saying, "I wonder if Excon molests little kids...". It's a very cheap qualifier, but it doesn't hide intent.

    Also, the nerve of Bundy accusing "blacks" of government dependence is hysterical since the welfare rancher has been mooching off taxpayers for 20 years.

  8. #768
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    You could be right, but I don't honestly think the GOP loses too many votes because someone aligns his/herself with a "racist", personally.

    Most right wingers who supported Bundy's cause in the first place won't vote for Nancy Pelosi because of his rambling words.
    Maybe Pelosi wouldn't benefit from the perception, but there are lots of close, moderate on both sides races, that could easily be swayed by one party appearing to favor a racist agenda...
    We could never know for sure, but Priebus seems pretty sure he doesn't want to find out

  9. #769
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    He did not say more white kids must die, he just didn't. You made that up to make him say what you want. He indeed says the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    Well, I thought you were better than this but I see where I was wrong. Bundy's (aka the white man's) words have no context other than racist, but a black man's do have context. Got it.

    Sad.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  10. #770
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,095

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ĎThatís exactly what I saidí

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    And they have to add a word to make him say that. Any more examples?
    I wouldn't waste my time now, mak. You'll just go with the other guys who hate Bundy because he's white, apparently.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •