Page 76 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast
Results 751 to 760 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #751
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    I would love to see you list all the independents and Democratic candidates you have voted for.

    There is not need to.
    Nor is it any of your business exactly who I voted for.
    So let me simplify this for you; I have never voted for a republican candidate.
    I am an independent.
    Capisce?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #752
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    And after the people finish their massive meltdown about some rancher who said something that they don't like
    The fact that Cliven Bundy is racist despite the Supreme Court saying racism doesn't exist anymore isn't the issue. It's the fact that the guy refuses to recognize the federal government after mooching off it for 20 years. It amazes me that Conservatives limit who is a moocher and who isn't based purely on skin color. Explain to me how Cliven Bundy -who uses government land to feed his cattle without paying for it- isn't a moocher, but some woman who lives in Chicago with three kids on welfare is.

  3. #753
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    01-05-16 @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    We know they were fed an edited version of his words.We do not know if they have been exposed to the full unedited version which shows the words were not racist.
    Bundy said he stands behind the words and hasn't accused the NYT or anyone of editing them. Also, I'd love to know how what he said couldn't be construed as racism.

    Hannity refused to listed to his full reply.
    So I'd love to hear the context in which the quote Bundy said is not racist. Trying to think how exactly that could be.

  4. #754
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Colorado mountains
    Last Seen
    01-03-15 @ 08:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,729

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And Bundy also never said that he wants blacks to be slaves again, did he?

    He said "I wonder...." and then went on to make a comparison to government slavery (as he sees it).

    This guy said "unless and until whites kids die..." and "until" isn't a poor use of words? Until white kids die? Applying the same logic all of you have to what Bundy meant (because you can all read his mind), I would have to say that this guy is advocating white kids being killed to make a point.

    Either words are to be taken literally, or they aren't. It doesn't work both ways, mak, just because one man is black and the other is white. You're smart enough to know that.
    To be fair Bundy used the phrase "I wonder" as a rhetorical device to distance his personal opinion from the racist clap trap that was to follow.
    The use of "Unless or until" supposes a rhetorical hypothetical of what one knows will never be...
    The differences are subtle, but there nevertheless.

  5. #755
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    There is not need to.
    Nor is it any of your business exactly who I voted for.
    So let me simplify this for you; I have never voted for a republican candidate.
    I am an independent.
    Capisce?
    America is a wonderful place. We actually get to vote in private.

  6. #756
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    “I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

    vs


    Not until, and unless, the number of white kids die that approximate the numbers of black and other kids who die, will America see.

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    And Bundy also never said that he wants blacks to be slaves again, did he?

    He said "I wonder...." and then went on to make a comparison to government slavery (as he sees it).

    This guy said "unless and until whites kids die..." and "until" isn't a poor use of words? Until white kids die? Applying the same logic all of you have to what Bundy meant (because you can all read his mind), I would have to say that this guy is advocating white kids being killed to make a point.

    Either words are to be taken literally, or they aren't. It doesn't work both ways, mak, just because one man is black and the other is white. You're smart enough to know that.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  7. #757
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Not really hard to understand.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

  8. #758
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    To be fair Bundy used the phrase "I wonder" as a rhetorical device to distance his personal opinion from the racist clap trap that was to follow.
    The use of "Unless or until" supposes a rhetorical hypothetical of what one knows will never be...
    The differences are subtle, but there nevertheless.
    Buck...no normal person even considers uttering the words "until white kids die" to make a point.

  9. #759
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,234

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by mak2 View Post
    “I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

    vs


    Not until, and unless, the number of white kids die that approximate the numbers of black and other kids who die, will America see.
    Not until the number of white kids die....

    vs.

    I wonder if blacks were better off....

  10. #760
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    The fact that Cliven Bundy is racist
    Too bad you, as the fact is that you are wrong. Nothing he said was racist. Nor is he a racist. To claim such is ridiculous.

    Content and context matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Listen to his full unedited words. Content and context matter. They were not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you are not paying attention to the full content and context of his statements.
    Or that of his body guard.





    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •