Page 63 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #621
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I may agree with his comment about black families then & now, but Bundy is an idiot on the topic he's famous for. He doesn't own the land he's been using and should pay.
    Obviously there is a deep, endemic problem in black America today with out-of-wedlock births, absentee fathers and disproportionate crime rates and welfare dependency. Nobody with a shred of intellectual honesty would dispute that. And I'm not pretending to have a cure-all for it, mostly because there isn't one. As with many of our ingrained problems, it will take a long time to solve and quite frankly, I'm not sure there's anyone out there with the ability or willingness to do it.

    That said, his claim that blacks, as a whole, are "less free" than when they were wholly owned chattel is utterly ridiculous on an almost metaphysical level.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  2. #622
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,462

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Not the land that's off limits to grazing. The BLM closed the land Bundy had his cattle grazing on. Like I said, barbed wire fence to keep cattle off of it.
    Was it off limits to grazing or off limits for the round up?


  3. #623
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I don't know what you're doing but I'm trying to get us back on topic. I like to edit my posts during the allotted time so if you are too anxious to respond, you will miss a lot. See above. It's not a secret...anyone can see who edits their posts because it says so at the bottom of the post. So you're telling anyone anything new or they can't see for themselves.
    What I am talking about is the topic, which I addressed with you way back in #504 and you ignored that. Then in #507 I pointed out that VanceMack (or any other poster for that matter) really does not have to prove to you that there are other ways BLM could have handled this situation. It is just a fact that you were ignorant of. You were told this by several posters as well and the information has been covered extensively in the press. I dared ask why are you were unaware and unable to follow any of it at all? Or did it just have to be how VanceMack would himself have handled it?

    My question remains Why? What does that matter in any way whatsoever? Because you have personal thing going with VanceMack? Apparently the answer is you have decided that asking such obvious questions is somehow trying to insult you, harass you, violate the rules of the forum. It's not addressing the topic and whatever else I guess you can gin up. So in that vein, yeah I know that we can see who edits posts. I was referring to your decision to delete your post about me supposedly violating the rules (again) but then my reply to it had already been posted. I was talking about your deletion of a whole post, not your editing existing ones. Which is perfectly obvious too, good try but sloppy and clumsy as all hell.

    This has been about Bundy and how the BLM chose to operate in his case all along. Even while you tried to gin this all into me harassing you, insulting you and breaking the rules/trying to act like a moderator and other not so clever diversions. So I'm glad to see you are finally ready to get back on topic!

  4. #624
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    Already familiar with it and have it and another bookmarked, but thanks.

  5. #625
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    There is nothing intrinsically wrong with the word "negro"
    It is the phrasing of the sentence that is racist.
    Bundy takes it upon himself to tell us about THE negro as though there is no difference between any people who have dark skin...
    He could have said THE black man and been every bit as racist.
    You don't even see the racism in talking about an entire race with one description do you ?
    You are so accustomed to expressing racism with this kind of racist language that you can not see anything wrong with it...
    You fixate on the word negro while missing the entire racist thrust of the sentence.
    WOW!
    You miss the entire point of him associating government to a new form of enslavement.

    I understand... you dug your hole, and when facts illustrate clearly his concern, respect and compassion, instead of saying... WTF were they thinking at the NYT with this false reporting... you decide to double down and dig deeper. Do you work alongside the vile dimwits at the NYT? Might explain something.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  6. #626
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,462

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    What I am talking about is the topic, which I addressed with you way back in #504 and you ignored that. Then in #507 I pointed out that VanceMack (or any other poster for that matter) really does not have to prove to you that there are other ways BLM could have handled this situation. It is just a fact that you were ignorant of. You were told this by several posters as well and the information has been covered extensively in the press. I dared ask why are you were unaware and unable to follow any of it at all? Or did it just have to be how VanceMack would himself have handled it?
    So you butted in to a discussion that had nothing to do with you and failed to read the post I was responding to. Iow, you took what I said out of context and are now trying to make me defend your strawman. Got it.

    My question remains Why? What does that matter in any way whatsoever? Because you have personal thing going with VanceMack? Apparently the answer is you have decided that asking such obvious questions is somehow trying to insult you, harass you, violate the rules of the forum. It's not addressing the topic and whatever else I guess you can gin up. So in that vein, yeah I know that we can see who edits posts. I was referring to your decision to delete your post about me supposedly violating the rules (again) but then my reply to it had already been posted. I was talking about your deletion of a whole post, not your editing existing ones. Which is perfectly obvious too, good try but sloppy and clumsy as all hell.
    ...and you still don't get it.


    This has been about Bundy and how the BLM chose to operate in his case all along. Even while you tried to gin this all into me harassing you, insulting you and breaking the rules/trying to act like a moderator and other not so clever diversions. So I'm glad to see you are finally ready to get back on topic!
    Well, "if you can't take the heat....."

  7. #627
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Obviously there is a deep, endemic problem in black America today with out-of-wedlock births, absentee fathers and disproportionate crime rates and welfare dependency. Nobody with a shred of intellectual honesty would dispute that. And I'm not pretending to have a cure-all for it, mostly because there isn't one. As with many of our ingrained problems, it will take a long time to solve and quite frankly, I'm not sure there's anyone out there with the ability or willingness to do it.

    That said, his claim that blacks, as a whole, are "less free" than when they were wholly owned chattel is utterly ridiculous on an almost metaphysical level.
    Actually he's right on the money. Blacks have simply exchanged one form of slavory for another.

  8. #628
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’

    Quote Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
    No, it's you who fail to understand or is it the Conservative mindset that some display, to spit at common sense. Again, who can anyone rationalize the belief that some people should live as human chattel?....don't you try to answer, you have failed too many times already. Give somebody more suitable a chance to make sense out of nonsense.

    Let me give an equally stupid example like the rationale couch potato patriots attempt to use.


    You know I really admire the knee-grows, the have gotten the right to vote and they have more jobs. They even own houses and have businesses. Those people have really gotten themselves together.

    However I still think that they would be happier if I could put them all out at daybreak and have them pick my cotton. Theys family would stay together because theys could all work in the same field and theys chidrins would not have to go to skool and get learning, theys mammys and pappys could teach 'em how to be good cotton pickers.

    Naw, nothing racist about that at all...
    You wanted Wright's racist comments... of which you were obviously ignorant (and Farrakhan's ROTFLOL), and now you are equally ignorant about what Bundy stated.

    You're off to a flying start here at DP. Congratulations.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  9. #629
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    There is so much ignorance in his statement that if you fail to see it.... well......
    You mean... showing respect for the work ethic of Mexicans, respect for how tight their families are, while lamenting the destruction of black America and the role government has had in it?

    Sowell, Williams and Powell all have stated something similar. Obama even stated something along those lines once... to which Jackson stated he wanted to cut his nuts out.

    The ignorance is all yours.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #630
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,462

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Bundy is not the best spokesperson for racial equality.

    I don't even know why he was talking about race in the first place. What does that have to do with his cows and debt?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •