Page 53 of 130 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 1300

Thread: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly.....[W:696:1188]

  1. #521
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then why didn't they put a lien on his property years ago?
    That's the $1 million question.

  2. #522
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,042

    re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:696]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I camt prove a negative, but youre welcome to prove that theey have the authority to collect a debt, under arms. Good luck!
    The BLM was removing illegal cattle in a area where the owner was not allowed to graze. Not once did the BLM with all those weapons show up at the Bundy's Ranch. The only reason that the Bundy's son got tazed is because he showed up on BLM land.


    Im not sure how you got tyhe idea that the BLM was asking for payment when that never happened during a cattle gathering operation.

  3. #523
    Kinky
    tres borrachos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    39,153

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I could be wrong but I think only the state can put a lien on someone's property....and that's usually for not paying property taxes...not federal land use fees.
    The Feds can put a lien on his property & freeze his bank accounts.

  4. #524
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Then why didn't they put a lien on his property years ago?
    Why don't you tell me? Or are you still operating as if the BLM can't do this or does not do it all the time? For decades? I actually took 3 seconds to google BLM and lien. Is this something you can't do for yourself? Also, as already stated just two pages back, all they have to do is wait for him to die and then they get EVERYTHING. So again, why pretend otherwise and if you don't know any better, why not educate yourself instead of asking people at a message board that you assure us don't know what they are talking about, to educate you?

  5. #525
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    The BLM "could" use liens all the time. And the BLM "could" have been doing it for decades. But then you "could" be right and everyone else wrong. But in fact there is no maybe, you are wrong. Amazingly you have been acting as if you actually knew what you were talking about, before that admission.
    NO. The BLM is an enforcement agency, and has nothing to do with applying liens to property, that is the duty of the federal court system.

  6. #526
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Last Seen
    07-21-14 @ 07:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    614

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by AJiveMan View Post
    NO. The BLM is an enforcement agency, and has nothing to do with applying liens to property, that is the duty of the federal court system.
    Uhm I think you are missing my point through the trees. As my point included (at least to me) that redundant fact, yes, I agree that the BLM has to actually file a lien, aka place a lien in a court in order to effect a property lien. I mean is that not perfectly obvious to you? It is to me. I guess you could call it common sense or tribal knowledge?
    Last edited by Filthy McNasty; 04-27-14 at 07:02 PM.

  7. #527
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Buck Ewer View Post
    lamo
    Still wrong I see.

    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #528
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,463

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by tres borrachos View Post
    The Feds can put a lien on his property & freeze his bank accounts.
    At this point they probably will. But that doesn't solve the problem of getting his cows off federal land which was their main intent all along.

  9. #529
    Paying To Play
    AJiveMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wisconSIN
    Last Seen
    05-15-15 @ 04:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,775

    Re: Bundy questioned whether blacks were better off as slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Filthy McNasty View Post
    Uhm I think you are missing my point through the trees. As my point included (at least to me) that redundant fact, yes, I agree that the BLM has to actually file a lien, aka place a lien in a court in order to effect a property lien. I mean is that not perfectly obvious to you? It is to me. I guess you could call it common sense or tribal knowledge?
    No, the BLM doesn't file liens.

    The BLM is strictly an enforcement & investigatory agency which reports to the federal government and submits evidence to a federal prosecutor, requests for liens are filed by the federal government, and the courts review evidence presented BY the BLM and federal prosecutor, and review the amounts owed TO the federal government, make decisions, and hand down judgements.

    You put the horse before the cart.

  10. #530
    Bat Chain Puller
    beefheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The burning sands of the desert southwest.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    19,327

    re: Cliven Bundy stands by racially charged comments, ‘That’s exactly what I said’[W:696]

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If the BLM doesnt have legal authorization as a law enforcement agency/police force, then yes, it's unlawful. Can you show us its authorization?
    If you took 30 seconds to do the barest amount of research online you would find this at the BLM's own website:

    The BLM fields a force of approximately 200 Law Enforcement Rangers (uniformed officers) and 70 Special Agents (criminal investigators) who enforce a wide range of laws and regulations in the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes affecting public lands resources. These crimes include mineral resource theft; wilderness area violations; hazardous materials dumping; archaeological and paleontological resource theft and vandalism; cultivation, manufacture, smuggling, and use of illegal drugs; timber, forest product, and native plant theft; off-highway vehicle use; alcohol related crimes; and wildland arson.

    Law Enforcement
    "Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." George Santayana

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •